OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Bummer. After CGY lost their opener I was hoping BC could get up on them with a win tonight. Glad we're underway though and it should be a fun season.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Was an entertaining game, defense looked like swiss cheese at times. Can't see Claybrooks being happy with that performance at all.

Burham and Carter will be fun to watch.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just got finished up with the draft, so it's time to turn on the Lions...

WE9eQocY0-LW3-lObIE97me_a0g=.gif

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So we got a QB... who can't do a thing with zero run game, a porous o-line and terrible play calling. Oh and a horrible defense.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So we got a QB... who can't do a thing with zero run game, a porous o-line and terrible play calling. Oh and a horrible defense.

Yeah. that might be true. But... Uhhhhhh... Well...... Ummmm......

How 'bout that put team! out there not allowing punt return TDs like they own the place!

member 290103

Lion's o-line looks like the Seahawks circa 2017. That was a pretty big dick move by Harris at the end of the game, imo.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Offence is starting strong this game, I'm interested in the o-line more than anything. John White with the first touchdown.

Glen Suitor is an idiot. Burnham did not sell that, he literally got hit and knocked down. It shouldn't be a flag, but he fell because he was hit, he didn't dive.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: off the post. Outstanding.

That aside, how did they look for the first portion of the game? I just got tuned in after watching the end of the Blue Jays, so I missed everything before the last series. Still been here long enough to see Reilly take a sack and get nailed on the TD pass there, hence my previous post.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Offence is starting strong this game, I'm interested in the o-line more than anything. John White with the first touchdown.

Glen Suitor is an idiot. Burnham did not sell that, he literally got hit and knocked down. It shouldn't be a flag, but he fell because he was hit, he didn't dive.
He didn't dive, but he jumped too far in front of the ball to make that catch, causing the contact with the defenders. Don't know if it was intentional, but I understood his point. Not complaining though.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Reilly's going to be dead before the season's over the way this o-line is (not) protecting him.
I feel like all the blame shouldn't be on the o-line. I noticed 1 time Reilly got sacked, White didn't pick up the blitz and started his route. That could have been the playcall, but he was looking for the blitz and couldn't find it.

Reilly needs to throw the ball quicker sometimes though, if it's 1st down do anything but take a sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia