OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
A bit disappointed with the home crowd. What was the attendance, 50? 55? Yeah, they've got some massive work to do to get butts in seats.

Also they need some receivers who can hang onto the damn ball.

Also some D.

Sadly, the Lions seem to be in Canuck-land atm. Let's see how they come out of it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Grant Kraemer, wow. Granted it was against a lot of guys who won’t make the Stampeders, but the kid showed that he has a great arm and was poised in the pocket. Engineered two late TD’s that won the game for us after Apodaca was mediocre for most of the game.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Grant Kraemer, wow. Granted it was against a lot of guys who won’t make the Stampeders, but the kid showed that he has a great arm and was poised in the pocket. Engineered two late TD’s that won the game for us after Apodaca was mediocre for most of the game.

Agreed. He is a player. I enjoyed watching him play.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Ok guys. Im all set for the game this weekend. I have facepaint. My Burnham jersey. I have an extendable pole with a couple of 3x5 foot flags. And a blow horn. Ill be 4th row behind the Lions bench. Keep an eye open. Going to do my part to get the dome rockin.

I hope that anyone who can, gets out to the game.

Reactions: lindgren

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I think you’re being a little hard on Wally. He delivered 2 championships in under a decade of work here, and then hung around a little long. It’s not like it was excessive.

Anyway, I’m excited for the new season.

Agreed. Wally was a godsend when he first got here.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I think you’re being a little hard on Wally. He delivered 2 championships in under a decade of work here, and then hung around a little long. It’s not like it was excessive.

Anyway, I’m excited for the new season.
Ya, I didn't like when he returned. I don't mean to tarnish his legacy here but it was long overdue for him to call it a career.

Reactions: Scott Stevens

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'll be there too. Bought 3 tickets in the end zone and taking my brother and dad. Adding Reilly has me excited for the Lions this year which is saying a lot given how little I cared in the last few.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lions better pray Reilly stays healthy.....QB depth is a huge question mark heading into the season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You don't sign Mike Reilly if you're going to pay for an expensive backup behind him. He's a workhorse. But yes, he needs to stay healthy for sure.
I have no idea if the Leos have beefed up their O-line for the coming season...But all I seem to remember of the last couple of seasons is Lulay and Jennings running for the lives and taking cruel and unusual punishment if they lingered in the pocket too long. Reilly is a 34 year old QB with a lot of miles on the odometer....and virtually the entire season is riding on him.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I have no idea if the Leos have beefed up their O-line for the coming season...But all I seem to remember of the last couple of seasons is Lulay and Jennings running for the lives and taking cruel and unusual punishment if they lingered in the pocket too long. Reilly is a 34 year old QB with a lot of miles on the odometer....and virtually the entire season is riding on him.

They invested another $250k in Sukh Chungh who is an all star guard. And they brought in Brett Boyko who was the number 2 prospect in the 2015 CFL draft.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bah, why couldn't the Lions have played last night?

I wanted to watch the Vancouver Canadians game on TV tonight. If people don't support this minor league baseball thing, it might not make it :sarcasm:

(also obligatory joke about how if I wanted to support minor league baseball I should just watch the Blue Jays)

Guess it's going to be a night of wearing out the "last" button on my remote.

Also I do think I'll see about whipping up some Lions avatars, but maybe not before next week's game. Still riding high a little bit with Raptors colors and I'm gonna stall a little in hope that there's some good photo galleries of tonight's game to give me current uni/player pictures to start working with. I also have to figure out a design/theme, though I think I have an idea (if it's not too difficult to pull off)

Worst case it might just be the 4-6 most prominent players. Which begs the question of who.

The obvious are Reilly, Burnham, Carter, and Willis. But who else would anyone want? Shaq Johnson? TJ Lee? Coach Claybrooks? Anyone else? There are a lot of unfamiliar names.

There's so much turnover that I feel like I missed more than just 1 off-season.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
About time. It's been a few years since I last felt this excited about a season. New blood/fresh faces has me pumped. Lets go!

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
OTT knocking off CGY tonight is huge. I know it's only one game but for CGY to lose their home opener could have a massive effect on the standings all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->