Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Nov.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
One of your folks visited and said Huberbeau and Barkov could be back tonight.

Any idea of lines should that be the case? For the sake of updating the Bruin GDT.

I say it every year, but I like your Cats team, and an old friend of mine who has since passed was a STH. The youth on that team is something to look forward to and I think Strombone in net provides a stabilizing force that hasn't been there the last few years. Obviously a quick glance of the Bruin GDT should indicate I'm a big Thornton fan, and a guy like Sugar is the perfect kind of leader for a team like yours.

Enjoy the game.

Tough to say till practice, but the guys that could sit out tonight in favor of Barkov and Huberdeau: Trocheck, Robak, Grimaldi, Hayes

Possible lines could be:

Jokinen-Barkov-Boyes
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Upshall
Fleischmann-Trocheck-Hayes/Grimaldi
Kopecky-MacKenzie-Thornton

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
One of your folks visited and said Huberbeau and Barkov could be back tonight.

Any idea of lines should that be the case? For the sake of updating the Bruin GDT.

I say it every year, but I like your Cats team, and an old friend of mine who has since passed was a STH. The youth on that team is something to look forward to and I think Strombone in net provides a stabilizing force that hasn't been there the last few years. Obviously a quick glance of the Bruin GDT should indicate I'm a big Thornton fan, and a guy like Sugar is the perfect kind of leader for a team like yours.

Enjoy the game.

haha i thought we had talked about not going to the other teams board.. anyways;
we're probably as unsure bout the lines as you are. it's not even set in stone that hubey & barky is back but we sure hope so.

but i'd guess something along the lines of;
upshall - barkov - boyes
hubey - bjugstad - hayes
flash - trocheck - jokinen
kopecky - mackenzie - thornton
upshall on the first, i know.. :(

good luck tonight man. it's gonna be a fun game.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
haha i thought we had talked about not going to the other teams board.. anyways;
we're probably as unsure bout the lines as you are. it's not even set in stone that hubey & barky is back but we sure hope so.

but i'd guess something along the lines of;
upshall - barkov - boyes
hubey - bjugstad - hayes
flash - trocheck - jokinen
kopecky - mackenzie - thornton
upshall on the first, i know.. :(

good luck tonight man. it's gonna be a fun game.

I went, but I wasn't there to argue or anything (which is what we aren't supposed to do). Just went to tell them Barkov and/or Huby may be back tonight and that Lu will likely be starting. No harm no foul

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Also the Panthers Twitter had a pic of Thornton but Bergy's nameplate and pads were hanging up in the stall next to him, so Bergy could be with the team too?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Also the Panthers Twitter had a pic of Thornton but Bergy's nameplate and pads were hanging up in the stall next to him, so Bergy could be with the team too?

is that picture from today? the thornton quote in the tweet makes it seem like it was a day or 2 ago

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

He made the trip, so wouldn't he get a nameplate and locker even if he's not playing? Maybe I'm dumb for thinking that lol, but it makes sense to me.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
is that picture from today? the thornton quote in the tweet makes it seem like it was a day or 2 ago

oh yeah.. never mind then. do they usually have custom made plates for the visiting team with their logo and all that? that's probably from the florida locker room.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 3m3 minutes ago Boston, MA
Aleksander Barkov first #FlaPanthers skater on ice for today's optional skate #Bruins

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I wonder what genius powerplay lineup Gallant will put out tonight. Probably something like a few turds on offense and a stud paired with a constantly criticized, yet productive blueliner on defense.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
@GeorgeRichards: Looks like Jonathan Huberdeau is still out for #FlaPanthers ... Aleksander Barkov should be back tho v #Bruins

m.twitter.com/GeorgeRichards

Must be a nasty flu bug.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: Looks like Jonathan Huberdeau is still out for #FlaPanthers ... Aleksander Barkov should be back tho v #Bruins

So I guess Robak is not playing FWD tonight :laugh:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Huberdeau not on the ice, probably out tonight

Barkov skating, probably in the lineup.

Robak working with the forwards too

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Greeeeaaaaat

george richards ‏@georgerichards 5s5 seconds ago boston, ma
#flapanthers g roberto luongo just skated off ice in obvious pain holding hand. #bruins

Montoya in tonight?

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers G Roberto Luongo just skated off ice in obvious pain holding hand. #Bruins

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 49s50 seconds ago
Roberto Luongo is back on the #FlaPanthers practice ice after briefly leaving. Looks ok. #Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad