Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Nov.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
There's a thread on the main board about Palat having more career points than Huberdeau in less games. Boy, it sure is fun to see us get ripped constantly. Now, even our young core has begun to get ripped. Hey, how about these guys start scoring a little more, maybe.. You know, scoring, that thing they all did pretty well as junior and college players.. That'd be nice.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Barkov was skating with an orange jersey today.

Craig Davis @CraigDavisRuns · 1h 1 hour ago
Barkov only one of injured #flapanthers back at practice but he's wearing orange not skating on regular line. Moving well though

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think I'll be happy with a point out of this game as well. I know the Bruins are without a few key players and have been relatively struggling, but since we haven't beaten them in three seasons, they're still damn dangerous. I really hope we actually don't have to call up Ellis to start. That nightmare of a game where we lost 8-0 to them back in 2012 due to almost everyone on the team being injured still haunts me.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I think I'll be happy with a point out of this game as well. I know the Bruins are without a few key players and have been relatively struggling, but since we haven't beaten them in three seasons, they're still damn dangerous. I really hope we actually don't have to call up Ellis to start. That nightmare of a game where we lost 8-0 to them back in 2012 due to almost everyone on the team being injured still haunts me.

Why would Ellis have to start?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Someone said earlier that Lu and Montoya were out with the flu. But it sounded like they were at practice. So I'm not sure. I doubt they both miss the game.

It was a joke haha, they're both fine and are at practice

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Hubey and Barkov are going on the road trip. Bolland, Bergy, Pirri will remain in S.Fla.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So Bolland and Bergenheim are out till Saturday at least. And they called Bolland's injury "day-to-day" at the time :shakehead

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
There's a thread on the main board about Palat having more career points than Huberdeau in less games. Boy, it sure is fun to see us get ripped constantly. Now, even our young core has begun to get ripped. Hey, how about these guys start scoring a little more, maybe.. You know, scoring, that thing they all did pretty well as junior and college players.. That'd be nice.

i read every post. it's perhaps 3-4 who are bashing huby. the rest thinks the whole thing is ludicrous which i also think it is. can't compare the two.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Ugh, other than watching Upshall take dumb penalties, I'm going to have to watch and listen to Boston's amazing broadcast team. :(

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
i read every post. it's perhaps 3-4 who are bashing huby. the rest thinks the whole thing is ludicrous which i also think it is. can't compare the two.

I don't know what they are saying on the main board and I really don't care, but Huberdeau has been disapointing imo. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't keep up with Landeskog, he was healthy last summer and could train, so that excuse should be out of the way for this season.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I agree that Huby could pick up in the point department. But honestly, playing with Scottie Upshall on your line, as well as Bjugstad who has yet to score (believe me, he's getting close) there's only so much he can do to get points.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I agree that Huby could pick up in the point department. But honestly, playing with Scottie Upshall on your line, as well as Bjugstad who has yet to score (believe me, he's getting close) there's only so much he can do to get points.

Some will interpret it as an excuse, but I agree with you. Upshall kills every single play he's involved in. He can't handle the puck and takes so many stupid penalties that Bjugstad and Huberdeau are essentially playing a man down in the offensive zone. But they've still created a lot of chances for themselves in spite of Upshall and I think they're going to be effective. They'll breakout soon.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Some will interpret it as an excuse, but I agree with you. Upshall kills every single play he's involved in. He can't handle the puck and takes so many stupid penalties that Bjugstad and Huberdeau are essentially playing a man down in the offensive zone. But they've still created a lot of chances for themselves in spite of Upshall and I think they're going to be effective. They'll breakout soon.

Exactly my point. Upshall belongs on the 3rd line.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
It's not a coincidence that they're both on a slump... They have 1 other thing in common. Upshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad