Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Nov.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Boston's defense is hurting, have to take advantage, Panthers haven't beaten them in ages (March 2012 to be exact).

Injury update: Bolland and Bergenheim are not on the trip, so they aren't playing vs Boston or Philly. Pirri is not eligible to play until Saturday vs Calgary. Barkov and Huberdeau are both on the trip, but Huberdeau was not at practice today and Barkov was in a non contact jersey, so I'd guess Thursday is more realistic for them to come back.

iCOeRe1PJSkJm.gif

Last edited:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Boston's defense is hurting, have to take advantage, Panthers haven't beaten them in ages (March 2012 to be exact). I'm expecting Huberdeau and Bolland to be back, no update on Barkov and Bergenheim.

Would guess that Bolland and Huberdeau replace Grimaldi and Robak.

iCOeRe1PJSkJm.gif

Thanks for creating these pre game talk threads (since we have about a week between games like NFL teams,ugh). The board activity this season on GDT 's has been outstanding folks :handclap:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Would guess that Bolland and Huberdeau replace Grimaldi and Robak.

you think? i'd like that but at the same time has grimaldi played more wing in SA then trocheck. we'll see :) i love both of them so it doesn't really matter.
can't wait til next season when they have another season under their belts and play up here full time with the big boys :)

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I dont think Hayes should be scratched again. He played really well in the last game

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I dont think Hayes should be scratched again. He played really well in the last game

Others said it already, but a Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Hayes line could be pretty effective. Better than Upshall weighing Huberdeau and Bjugstad down and also taking stupid penalties.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Others said it already, but a Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Hayes line could be pretty effective. Better than Upshall weighing Huberdeau and Bjugstad down and also taking stupid penalties.

yeah agreed. it's gonna be interesting to see how the lines are gonna look. any news bout barkov's injury? i really miss him in the line-up. is getting pretty fed up bout him constantly beeing injured. :(

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
When I open this thread and start to read, the only thing that comes to my mind is:

Upshall… Ughhh

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
It's a tall order for sure but if there is a time to do it, it's now. Beating them would be a great lift to the team psyche since the Bruins have owned us pretty badly over the last few years. We'll see who is returning at practice today but pls keep Upshall out of the top 6.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Boston's having a mini-meltdown right now, we need to take advantage. I'm really curious to see what lines Gallant comes up with. If Lu plays like he has been and the defense continues to shut down, I see no reason why they can't get AT LEAST a point, if not two.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
yeah i think it's rather possible for us to get a win. we can beat any team in this league.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
If we can get a couple guys back and play like we did vs Philly it'll be another good one.

Bjugstad breaks out in this one. He's coming like a freight train.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
If we can get a couple guys back and play like we did vs Philly it'll be another good one.

Bjugstad breaks out in this one. He's coming like a freight train.

It seems like we've said this every game since Colorado lol. But I agree. He's been getting a bunch of chances and one of them is bound to go in sooner or later.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm glad Chara and Krug are out. Chara always gives us trouble, but Reily always burns us for some reason. This game is just like the last one "we're supposed to lose or if we win, we have to battle though adversity". Hopefully Huberdeau is back.

So likely..

Bolland and Huberdeau in
Grimaldi and Robak out

Barkov and Bergenheim day-to-day

Pirri still on IR

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'm glad Chara and Krug are out. Chara always gives us trouble, but Reily always burns us for some reason. This game is just like the last one "we're supposed to lose or if we win, we have to battle though adversity". Hopefully Huberdeau is back.

So, Bolland and Pirri are on IR and Barkov and Bergenheim are just day-to-day, which means they could return in less than a week right, whereas Bolland and Pirri are both out at least a week?

Pirri is out a week. Bolland was placed retroactively from Oct 17th, so he is elligable to return at any time.

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
Just heard that both Luongo and Montoya have the flu and are not at practice today. The goalies at practice are Tallas and Robak

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
you think? i'd like that but at the same time has grimaldi played more wing in SA then trocheck. we'll see :) i love both of them so it doesn't really matter.
can't wait til next season when they have another season under their belts and play up here full time with the big boys :)

I think so, he only played 6 minutes, and Trocheck has more experience.

I'll be happy if we can get a point in out of Tuesday's game.

Panthers schedule is ridiculous in November, if they can get out of the month at 500, they'll be in good shape. That California road trip next week scares me.

Just heard that both Luongo and Montoya have the flu and are not at practice today. The goalies at practice are Tallas and Robak

I hope one of them is well enough to start, if Dan Ellis is starting they might as well forfeit and take the night off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad