Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Nov.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
So Bolland and Bergenheim are out till Saturday at least. And they called Bolland's injury "day-to-day" at the time :shakehead

I think he has a groin injury... so you never know when the groin will start feeling good enough to play again... that's why the day-to-day. I agree though that it is getting to be a little ridiculous with how long he has been out.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So Bolland and Bergenheim are out till Saturday at least. And they called Bolland's injury "day-to-day" at the time :shakehead

Classic Panthers. Great signing :laugh: I'll be surprises if/when he returns if he can put together more than 3 games in a row. He's been injured what 3 times already? Twice in pre-season and once in the season or was one of his pre-season "skipping a game" other issues

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I was thinking earlier today about the defense on this team and how it's really come together and how well the guys are playing. My mind went back to the threads we had earlier this year about firing Tallon and signing Shane O'Brien to be a top-4 defenseman on this team and I had to laugh. I don't think the most optimistic Panther fan could have envisioned the defense would be playing this well, but it's great to see it.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I wonder how long they are going to keep that Bjugs line together with Upshall. It's not like they have great chemistry, only guy who gets chances on that line is Bjugs who creates most of them by himself.:arr:

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Man if Pirri could just move to wing... A Huby-Bjugstad-Pirri line would be awesome for us. Then Upshall could play on the 3rd line, something like Flash-Bolland-Upshall.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Man if Pirri could just move to wing... A Huby-Bjugstad-Pirri line would be awesome for us. Then Upshall could play on the 3rd line, something like Flash-Bolland-Upshall.

then i'd rather have him on the 4th cuz where do that leave jokinen?
kopy - mackenzie - thornton/hayes/upshall

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I was thinking earlier today about the defense on this team and how it's really come together and how well the guys are playing. My mind went back to the threads we had earlier this year about firing Tallon and signing Shane O'Brien to be a top-4 defenseman on this team and I had to laugh. I don't think the most optimistic Panther fan could have envisioned the defense would be playing this well, but it's great to see it.

Yeap... classic over reaction on these boards just two games into the season, overlooking all the obvious facts of new players, new line combos, new coach, new system... etc, etc.

Defense has been fine (although you still hear the random fan here and there still *****ing about Kulikov and Olsen :shakehead) The offense on the other hand... Although if we keep winning 1 goal games I won't be complaining too much.

On an unrelated note, ESPN Power Rankings have the Panthers at number 16... WHAT!
http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Defense has been fine (although you still hear the random fan here and there still *****ing about Kulikov and Olsen :shakehead)

kulikov has been great so far imo. just need to step up his offensive game a little (yeah so does the whole team, i know but still). the thing is tho, idk if he'd be as good this year if it wasn't for his partner. mitchell is sort of the definition of soild. can't be happier with that signing now in hindsight and i'm very happy kulikov is taking a step in the right direction. perhaps it doesn't show in the point department yet but it will soon enough.
olsen on the other hand is i fine 7th d-man.. ;)

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
olsen on the other hand is i fine 7th d-man.. ;)

:laugh:
I agree... there is a reason why he is a 6th dman... but that is exactly why I just don't understand what fans want/expect out of him. For a 6th dman, he is doing a fine job... and he is still young so you hope he can improve his play. Could we get a better 6th dman? sure... but at 775k for this year and next... I am perfectly happy with him.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Yeap... classic over reaction on these boards just two games into the season, overlooking all the obvious facts of new players, new line combos, new coach, new system... etc, etc.

Defense has been fine (although you still hear the random fan here and there still *****ing about Kulikov and Olsen :shakehead) The offense on the other hand... Although if we keep winning 1 goal games I won't be complaining too much.

On an unrelated note, ESPN Power Rankings have the Panthers at number 16... WHAT!
http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

:yo::yo::yo:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I agree... there is a reason why he is a 6th dman... but that is exactly why I just don't understand what fans want/expect out of him. For a 6th dman, he is doing a fine job... and he is still young so you hope he can improve his play. Could we get a better 6th dman? sure... but at 775k for this year and next... I am perfectly happy with him.

well said.
just one thing; i don't think people are expecting much from him. i mean, at all and that's why they/i want him as the 7th and not the 6th.

buuuuut we have an excellent/spendid/supreme defense right now so its all gravey. if the defense starts to shake however and with the fact that we simply can't score, then it's an whole other story. probably why i'd want another defender into this roster. perhaps someone for flash &/or upshall?

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I love the Oiler's assessment lol

The Oilers are 4-0-0 against the Eastern Conference and 0-6-1 in the Western Conference. Problem is, they play in the West.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Olsen has been good imo.

Anyway, I think we will lose this game. I'll be happy with an OT loss.

Out of all the teams in the NHL, the Bruins scare me the most when we play against them.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Panthers are 30th in league in goals for, 2nd in goals against. Talk about polar opposites. Strange stats.

Gotta be some regression towards a mean.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Panthers are 30th in league in goals for, 2nd in goals against. Talk about polar opposites. Strange stats.

Gotta be some regression towards a mean.

I doubt the defense and Lu will remain this good, and I doubt the offense will remain this bad.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Something tells me that Rocco and Vinny could put up points very soon if given the icetime. I'll take goals any way shape or form. Also, don't you guys think Flash deserves a scratch? His job is to provide offense and so far he hasn't even come close to contributing. I like the guy, but he's just terrible without Weiss and Versteeg. Time to end the Fleischmann thing. He's killing the offense.

Panthers607

Prediction is Svedberg starts and gets a shutout.

Or we win 4-0.

:)

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Thornton with a nice quote about fighting against his former teammates:

"I'd beat up my own sister if it got us two points" :D

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT! god damnit you beat me. I laughed at the "I'd beat up my own sister if it got us two points" so much :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad