Panarin coming home?

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Is this "news" 2-3 weeks old?

Nothing about that tweet says anything we already don't know.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Panarin loves Kane, that would be the only reason he would be coming back, I hate how Stan stabbed him in the back after signing for two years at a good rate, hopefully Stan will be gone and Panarin will come back to a competent GM. Also would be nice to somehow magically get rid of Saad, Toews, Seabrook, and Anisimov, just start with a fresh team and a new era without these heavy contracts weighing it down.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some folks accuse Hawks management team of falling in love with its players, well it seems fans are in the same boat. AP would be a nice addition one day but not at the expense of acquiring a top 4 Dman today. That should be the priority. It would also be advisable to keep some cap space for a goaltender. I doubt a guy like Panarin would even be third on the Blackhawks priority list at this stage ..... Hawks can use the help up front as well but they don't need another overpriced forward, especially one who plays small.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Yeah most would love Panarin but if he does make it here could pretty much affect us acquiring one or even a couple of quality D men. Or hope our youngsters pan out, hindsight's 20/20.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
2 years ago Saad was a superstar, now he should be traded.

He was a sure-fire 40 goal guy if I remember correctly.

Times change, 99.9% of the posters here would have predicted Toews to be amazing for the duration of his contract but he has been horrendous. That said if Saad had not left to begin with things could have been different with Saad and Toews, a change is not always good. How long are you guys gonna beat the dead horse is the real question though? Not to point fingers but you both have been wrong on so many occasions. Its nothing but trolling at this point...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
These are some quotes from the Saad - Panarin trade thread

Honestly, I don't mind this trade at all. Panarin is so much better offensively than Saad, but how much of that was driven by Kane?

Saads two way game, while not near Hossa level, is much needed after the Hossa departure. And we get a young back up goalie with a ton of potential as well.

Oh ya so accurate

I agree, but I think we need more Saad type players for this roster than we do Panarins, especially in the physical games.

Couldnt have said it better

Schamltz has chemistry with Kane is better defensively than AP.

20-19-14
8-15-88

>

8-19-14
72-15-88

Spot on!

This is a win-win for both teams. Saad is a perfect fit here and Columbus needed more scoring.

Yes the Hawks don't need more scoring :laugh:

This team just got destroyed, so Stan changed the pieces that were working and were not cap heavy, nice!!!

You should think before you type. The Hawks finished 9th in scoring last season with a lineup that featured many young players. Adding Saad gives a much better balance to the top 6 because Saad slots in with 19-14 and Schmaltz slots in with 15-88. Schmaltz actually showed chemistry with Kane when the played together last season and playing wing will allow him to take a few more risks offensively. This is lineup management 101 bud.

You should think before you type, the entire hockey world thinks this move is absolutely moronic, but hey you are the mastermind think tank like Stan is :laugh:

JFC, you've been pissing a moaning non-stop over the fact that Bowman traded Saad from the moment it happened.

Now he got him back and you're pissing and moaning over that.

Yes because they are two different trades, its not the same trade backwards...

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Not having Crawford with 6 million (replacement 3 million) is not going to be enough. It would additionally need Seabrook, Anisimov or Saad (assuming Toews, Kane and Keith are sure staying).
That should be enough to have Panarin while extending Schmaltz and DeBrincat.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Times change, 99.9% of the posters here would have predicted Toews to be amazing for the duration of his contract but he has been horrendous. That said if Saad had not left to begin with things could have been different with Saad and Toews, a change is not always good. How long are you guys gonna beat the dead horse is the real question though? Not to point fingers but you both have been wrong on so many occasions. Its nothing but trolling at this point...

Nope to the bolded. It was obvious that Toews' grinding style against top opposition and the physical pounding he took on many nights would eventually take its toll on his performance. He was sure to slow down as he approached his mid-thirties.
I still haven't given up all hope that he can be better than he has shown in recent years but it certainly appears that those tough minutes have caught up to him quite a bit sooner than anyone would have expected. Toews was never going to live up to that massive contract - certainly not for its 8-year duration.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
We've all been wrong. I don't think that's the issue. I think people are hammering your hypocrisy. You tend to push a narrative than to be objective.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Nope to the bolded. It was obvious that Toews' grinding style against top opposition and the physical pounding he took on many nights would eventually take its toll on his performance. He was sure to slow down as he approached his mid-thirties.
I still haven't given up all hope that he can be better than he has shown in recent years but it certainly appears that those tough minutes have caught up to him quite a bit sooner than anyone would have expected. Toews was never going to live up to that massive contract - certainly not for its 8-year duration.

Maybe I should have said the majority of his contract. My point was that he started slowing down at the age of 27, I mean no one predicted him to manage that. Slowing down at 33 is one thing but slowing down on the first year and getting worse two more years after that is another thing.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe I should have said the majority of his contract. My point was that he started slowing down at the age of 27, I mean no one predicted him to manage that. Slowing down at 33 is one thing but slowing down on the first year and getting worse two more years after that is another thing.

Quite true but that Toews contract was never going to be a good one and I've said that since it was first inked. In a way, it was the beginning of Stan showing his incompetence - the GM's performance has been disappointing since.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
We've all been wrong. I don't think that's the issue. I think people are hammering your hypocrisy. You tend to push a narrative than to be objective.

What hypocrisy exactly? What did I say on this thread that was hypocrisy? Just because I wanted to keep Saad 3 years back it doesn’t mean I should want to keep him now. If I had to go back to 2015 after the cup win with Saad-Toews-Hossa line playing the way they did I would keep Saad and see what happens with that line. NOW is another story, things have changed, Saad is bombing, Toews is bombing, Seabrook is bombing, anyone who is bombing no matter what me or others have said about them or praised them needs to go to Bette the team. I still don’t get this hypocrisy speak? Seems like I can’t change my mind on a prediction that was wrong but most here can, these same people who were praising the saad trade would not do the trade again... Yes I am the hypocrite lol, seriously this just gets more pathetic, it’s like a gang mentality in here...

My opinions are not popular so they are not considered “objective” to you, maybe they are radical or too crazy like saying trade Toews, to me they are objective, firing Stan is another great idea, this team need an overheaul, not necessarily a rebuild but an overhaul. Do you think Stan has shopped Toews? I really don’t think he has, he just doesn’t have it in him to make major moves, he is stuck in the past and he keeps bringing back previous players, he makes bad trades, etc.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
These are some quotes from the Saad - Panarin trade thread

Oh ya so accurate

Couldnt have said it better

Spot on!

Yes because they are two different trades, its not the same trade backwards...
First off, it's been a whole 1 year since the trade. Saad had a bad year, no doubt. Panarin looks like he is leaving CLB so it didn't turn out too great for them either, did it? And what if Panarin left the Hawks after this coming year and the Hawks got nothing for him. The only thing you can claim is that he should have traded Panarin for a better return than Saad. That said, if Saad returns to Saad, the trade is fine. I'm not giving up on Saad like you.

The other thing I posted about needing more defensive type players than Panarin type players is still true to this day.

Superstar Saad, that is.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What hypocrisy exactly? What did I say on this thread that was hypocrisy? Just because I wanted to keep Saad 3 years back it doesn’t mean I should want to keep him now. If I had to go back to 2015 after the cup win with Saad-Toews-Hossa line playing the way they did I would keep Saad and see what happens with that line. NOW is another story, things have changed, Saad is bombing, Toews is bombing, Seabrook is bombing, anyone who is bombing no matter what me or others have said about them or praised them needs to go to Bette the team. I still don’t get this hypocrisy speak? Seems like I can’t change my mind on a prediction that was wrong but most here can, these same people who were praising the saad trade would not do the trade again... Yes I am the hypocrite lol, seriously this just gets more pathetic, it’s like a gang mentality in here...

My opinions are not popular so they are not considered “objective” to you, maybe they are radical or too crazy like saying trade Toews, to me they are objective, firing Stan is another great idea, this team need an overheaul, not necessarily a rebuild but an overhaul. Do you think Stan has shopped Toews? I really don’t think he has, he just doesn’t have it in him to make major moves, he is stuck in the past and he keeps bringing back previous players, he makes bad trades, etc.
Do you really think posters can compartmentalize your reputation to just this thread? There's a reason you have a reputation. I think almost everyone on this board can agree that you tend to push a narrative than be objective ... not that there is anything wrong with it.

There's a reason why I always cringe before I read your posts. I know it's going to be negative with your personal spin. You're entitled to your opinions ... but you'd have more credibility if your posts aren't always so negative. You can't feign exasperation at the responses when that's the exactly what you wanted. That's disingenuous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad