Rumor: Pacific teams interested in Chiasson

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
lmao :amazed::amazed::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

i'd take every non-prout flames defender over nurse now and in the future.

i thought heading for another basement finish the 11th time in 12th years would learn some oilers fans some humility about their players, buuuuutttt

that is one hell of a stupid opinion coming from a fan of a team employing Michael Stone.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Why on earth would you use Hanifin’s carolina numbers instead of the ones from your own team?

Oh, right. Because they’re nowhere near as good and cast Nurse in a much more positive light than you’re trying to present z In fact Hanifin looks like he’s been a good bit worse as a Flame than he was as a Hurricane. Don’t let that stand in the way of your belaboured (and wrong) opinion, though. Just more of the same from you.

You must be Mr Fantastic because you sure can reach. I actually just used Hanifin's numbers as a Hurricane because the Hurricanes roster was weak, contrary to your assertion that Calgary's strong roster was responsible for Hanifin being better at ice hockey than Darnell "Shoots a lot but has no brains" Nurse who has more points with McDavid than Hanifin does with Gaudreau/Monahan/Giordano/Lindholm/Tkachuk yet is being outproduced.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Nurse would be Calgary's #4 or 5.. Not much to debate. There is a reason why Calgary is a far superior team than the Oilers and it's cause a guy like Nurse would be a #4 or 5.

We've been there done that with Chiasson and he wouldn't do well in our bottom 6, as he isn't really better than anyone in our bottom 6.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You must be Mr Fantastic because you sure can reach. I actually just used Hanifin's numbers as a Hurricane because the Hurricanes roster was weak, contrary to your assertion that Calgary's strong roster was responsible for Hanifin being better at ice hockey than Darnell "Shoots a lot but has no brains" Nurse.

Wow, Hanifin’s numbers must be through the ROOF with a good team like the Flames!!

Go ahead and throw the numbers up from this year, my dude, let’s have a look. Unless there’s something there that you don’t like?

And the ‘Nurse has low IQ’ stuff is so 2013. He’s done an admirable job this year. Frankly Larsson is the one that’s taken a step back. He hasn’t quite been 2017/18 Hamonic bad, but he’s lost without Klefbom.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nurse would be Calgary's #4 or 5.. Not much to debate. There is a reason why Calgary is a far superior team than the Oilers and it's cause a guy like Nurse would be a #4 or 5.

We've been there done that with Chiasson and he wouldn't do well in our bottom 6, as he isn't really better than anyone in our bottom 6.

The reasons Calgary is a far superior team is because Mark Giordano doesn’t age and they’ve gone with a crazy concept of actually having 2nd and 3rd lines instead of employing 7 AHLers. Has nothing to do with a guy like Nurse.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
The reasons Calgary is a far superior team is because Mark Giordano doesn’t age and they’ve gone with a crazy concept of actually having 2nd and 3rd lines instead of employing 7 AHLers. Has nothing to do with a guy like Nurse.

Nurse would still be Calgary's 4th or 5th D man though, which is cause of depth. He's a guy any team would like to have, but he's the same tier as Hammer and Hannifin,

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Wow, Hanifin’s numbers must be through the ROOF with a good team like the Flames!!

Hanifin is presently 18th in the NHL for P/60.
Nurse is presently 31st, and that's with McDavid alone accounting for over 55% of his production.

Nurse would still be Calgary's 4th or 5th D man though, which is cause of depth. He's a guy any team would like to have, but he's the same tier as Hammer and Hannifin,

Calgary wouldn't sit Kylington or Andersson for Nurse.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I disagree. He’s better than Brodie is and has never had a Giordano level partner to play with, either. A guy like Gio would be incredible for Nurse’s development. Bad game? Gio’s got it. Need to boost trade value? Slap him with Gio for a few games. Want two full awful seasons forgiven and forgotten? 50 games with Gio and it’s all water under the bridge.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why on earth would you use Hanifin’s carolina numbers instead of the ones from your own team?

Oh, right. Because they’re nowhere near as good and cast Nurse in a much more positive light than you’re trying to present. In fact Hanifin looks like he’s been a good bit worse as a Flame than he was as a Hurricane. Don’t let that stand in the way of your belaboured (and wrong) opinion, though. Just more of the same from you.

No one scores on the Oilers without one of those three having a hand in it. That’s what happens when your team is built like Dolly Parton. The point shouldn’t be that ‘Nurse never produces points without those guys’ it should be ‘wow outside of four forwards, nobody produces points in Edmonton’. If you want to sling dirt at least do so with some modicum of accuracy - and put numbers accrued with your own damn team up instead of trying to take credit for someone else’s development.

Good god the salt is unreal from you guys. Hanifin is several years younger than nurse in case you forgot. At hanifin’s age, nurse was on your 3rd pairing barely getting his cup of coffee and was insanely sheltered. Hanifin is our #3 and gets more dzone starts than Mark Giordano and still holds pretty strong and can make plays on the back-end.

Your also not realizing that Hanifin barely gets any pp time. Granted, it’s not like he’s earned it, but nurse shouldn’t be a pp qb either. Just because he has to be killed out there because you guys can’t develop defensemen, doesn’t mean he’s better when he struggles all the time. But no, keep going.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hanifin is presently 18th in the NHL for P/60.
Nurse is presently 31st, and that's with McDavid alone accounting for over 55% of his production.

Calgary wouldn't sit Kylington for Nurse.

Oh well points per 60 is obviously the only possible measure for defencemen, isn’t it? Particularly when we’re comparing a top 3 offensive team with a bottom 10 one?

Still scared to put relevant comparisons up, I see. That speaks volumes. I’ve seen the numbers, by the way.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

Also helps they have 6 defensemen who would be on the top d pairing on the Oilers.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I disagree. He’s better than Brodie is and has never had a Giordano level partner to play with, either. A guy like Gio would be incredible for Nurse’s development. Bad game? Gio’s got it. Need to boost trade value? Slap him with Gio for a few games. Want two full awful seasons forgiven and forgotten? 50 games with Gio and it’s all water under the bridge.

So why is our d-core top 5 while yours is ass if Brodie is worse than nurse? Couldn’t he carry you to the promise land like he should along with your poor mans gio in Oscar Klefbom? :laugh:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Probably see him end up in Calgary for a 3rd a prospect for depth. Then in a month someone will post how dumb the Oilers were for moving a winger for a mid pick.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
that is one hell of a stupid opinion coming from a fan of a team employing Michael Stone.

ah yes, the guy who got passed by 3 under-21 year old rookies, i'll concede him, but nurse is certainly closer to stone at this point than he is to brodie or hamonic.

so chiasson is better than calgary forwards because of calgary's defence, but nurse, the number 2/3 on a 28th place team is better than calgary's 2-6 defenders because of calgary's forwards. got it. that's certainly a big brain take

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Oh well points per 60 is obviously the only possible measure for defencemen, isn’t it? Particularly when we’re comparing a top 3 offensive team with a bottom 10 one?

Yes. You seem to have cause and effect mixed up. The Flames are a top 3 offensive team because their players - guys like Noah Hanifin and Oliver Kylington - make great plays. The Oilers are a bottom ten offensive team because, despite McDavid, their guys - like Nurse and Klefbom - are not very good playmakers and just pad their shot totals a lot. This is why when McDavid is not on the ice the Oilers don't score goals. When McDavid is on the ice, these guys get points because they just pass into his skates and let him do all the work.

Someone should call you Monkey D. Luffy with how much reaching you continue to do.

Still scared to put relevant comparisons up, I see. That speaks volumes. I’ve seen the numbers, by the way.

Score-adjusted corsi?

TJ Brodie - 54.82%
Travis Hamonic - 53.58%
McDavid WITHOUT Darnell - 52.47%
Noah Hanifin - 51.75%
Oliver Kylington - 49.88%
Juuso Valimaki - 49.89%
Rasmus Andersson - 48.26%
Darnell Nurse WITH McDavid - 46.8%
Darnell Nurse WITHOUT McDavid - 45.97%

Per natural stat trick

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You have 0 LHD better than Nurse or Klefbom, so no, that’s not the case.

Give it a year or two

Nurse and Klefborn are already cooked and I wouldnt brag too much about them. One can argue they are a disappointment based on expectation.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
‘Don’t judge Brodie by half his damned career, only judge him on the good years and Nurse will stay exactly as good as he is now but our young guys will catch up because development is linear’. you guys need an editor to approve these posts before they hit the board, man. Brodie was a bottom pairing defenceman for long stretches last year because he’s garbage away from Giordano and plenty of posters on YOUR board would have dealt him for beans this summer. There’s no way to sugarcoat that.

Nurse has never been known for his offensive play all the way back to junior. He’s no #1, but he’s had a great year where many of our players haven’t. He’s easily a #3.
Look I get it. You're a big Nurse fan. Being an Oiler fan that's not surprising.

However to come out with the statement that Darnell Nurse is better than every Flames d-man not named Giordano is just ridiculous. I doubt that many fans, other than some of your rabid fellow HFOil posters, would agree with you.

I also find it highly amusing that by your saying that Nurse is your #3 d-man and that Nurse is better than ever other Flames d-man except Gio you're basically saying that the Oilers top 3 d-men are better than the Flames top 3. Wow. You really have completely lost it CO.

Now back to the original topic...
You also seem to be a big Chiasson fan too... which is surprising. His record, other than when he's playing with the best player in the world, speaks for itself. Its not great mystery why he's been a PTO for the last two seasons and will likely be one again this summer.

If Gretzky ever called Treliving about a Chiasson deal Treliving would probably fall off his chair laughing and then he'd hang up thinking he'd just been pranked.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes. You seem to have cause and effect mixed up. The Flames are a top 3 offensive team because their players - guys like Noah Hanifin and Oliver Kylington - make great plays. The Oilers are a bottom ten offensive team because, despite McDavid, their guys - like Nurse and Klefbom - are not very good playmakers and just pad their shot totals a lot.

Someone should call you Monkey D. Luffy with how much reaching you continue to do.

Score-adjusted corsi?

TJ Brodie - 54.82
Travis Hamonic - 53.58%
Noah Hanifin - 51.75%
Oliver Kylington - 49.88%
Juuso Valimaki - 49.89%
Rasmus Andersson - 48.26%
Darnell Nurse - 46.30%

No, the flames are a better team because they have Giordano and actually employ 12 (well, more like 10 but still 5 more than Edmonton) NHL forwards.

Oh well if you like Corsi I’m sure you’ll be interested to see that Lucic has a 51.8% CF.

Are those this year’s numbers or some other years? Or a different team maybe? It’s been made clear you like to cherrypick stats that benefit your guys even if it makes no sense.

You’re really going to keep hiding, huh? Okay then. True colours shown.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
No, the flames are a better team because they have Giordano and actually employ 12 (well, more like 10 but still 5 more than Edmonton) NHL forwards.

Oh well if you like Corsi I’m sure you’ll be interested to see that Lucic has a 51.8% CF.

Are those this year’s numbers or some other years? Or a different team maybe? It’s been made clear you like to cherrypick stats that benefit your guys even if it makes no sense.

You’re really going to keep hiding, huh? Okay then. True colours shown.

1) They are this year's stats
2) Hey, feel free to show me these "stats" that have Nurse as being even close to Hanifin that you claim to have "seen"
3) I mean, points per sixty... corsi%.... if that's cherry-picked stats I dunno what you're looking for. We've already talked about total points back on post #90:

Rumor: - Pacific teams interested in Chiasson

At some point all the evidence, never mind the fact that we're comparing a 21YO to a 24YO, points to the same conclusion: no sane person would value Darnell Nurse over Noah Hanifin unless they really value facepunching

P.S., You missed my amendment... so I'll repost it

McDavid WITHOUT Darnell - 52.47%
Darnell Nurse WITH McDavid - 46.8%
Darnell Nurse WITHOUT McDavid - 45.97%

Not exactly a shining example of a great player.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Look I get it. You're a big Nurse fan. Being an Oiler fan that's not surprising.

However to come out with the statement that Darnell Nurse is better than every Flames d-man not named Giordano is just ridiculous. I doubt that many fans, other than some of your rabid fellow HFOil posters, would agree with you.

I also find it highly amusing that by your saying that Nurse is your #3 d-man and that Nurse is better than ever other Flames d-man except Gio you're basically saying that the Oilers top 3 d-men are better than the Flames top 3. Wow. You really have completely lost it CO.

Now back to the original topic...
You also seem to be a big Chiasson fan too... which is surprising. His record, other than when he's playing with the best player in the world, speaks for itself. Its not great mystery why he's been a PTO for the last two seasons and will likely be one again this summer.

If Gretzky ever called Treliving about a Chiasson deal Treliving would probably fall off his chair laughing and then he'd hang up thinking he'd just been pranked.

Actually, what I’m saying is that Giordano is goddamn incredible and easily a top 5 defenceman in the league. He’s so good he elevates the entire d-corps. Far and away the best defenceman on either team, and overall the depth is better.

Giordano >>> Larsson
Brodie/Hanifin < Klefbom/Nurse
Hamonic >> Russell
Andersson >> Benning
Kylington > Gravel

Unbunch yourself and consider that bad teams can have good players.

Left out Sekera because he’s been gone so long we don’t even know what we have anymore.

As for Chiasson, have you ever stopped to consider that it was more than likely a money thing, or wanting to leave room for a guy like Lazar? (didn’t work out). There are nuances to player transactions that you’re not comprehending here. Again, we will see. Neilson doesn’t put stuff out there unless he’s sure, and to my eye you guys or the Sharks make the most sense.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Actually, what I’m saying is that Giordano is goddamn incredible and easily a top 5 defenceman in the league. He’s so good he elevates the entire d-corps. Far and away the best defenceman on either team, and overall the depth is better.

Giordano >>> Larsson
Brodie/Hanifin < Klefbom/Nurse
Hamonic >> Russell
Andersson >> Benning
Kylington > Gravel

Unbunch yourself and consider that bad teams can have good players.

Left out Sekera because he’s been gone so long we don’t even know what we have anymore.

As for Chiasson, have you ever stopped to consider that it was more than likely a money thing, or wanting to leave room for a guy like Lazar? (didn’t work out). There are nuances to player transactions that you’re not comprehending here. Again, we will see. Neilson doesn’t put stuff out there unless he’s sure, and to my eye you guys or the Sharks make the most sense.

Oh boy.

That is so wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad