Rumor: Pacific teams interested in Chiasson

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I’d imagine you’re sorely disappointed if you thought you were getting the next Marchesseault. Dude has 9 points as a 26 year old on an excellent team. If you wouldn’t trade him for RNH then you’ve lost what little sense you had left.

Nurse >>> every defenceman you have not named Giordano.
Now you're just letting your temper get the best of you and you're saying things that you normally wouldn't. This is something I'd expect from some of your more "controversial/hot take" posters.
Get a grip man. You're better than that.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I could see Russell and Chiasson to Calgary for two 2nd's or a first.
I'm sure you would. Too bad the Flames would never trading with their rival let alone a first round pick. Russell and Chiasson would be lucky enough to get a 2nd rounder combined. We're enjoying you guys down in the standings too much that you're the last team that we would trade with.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
They did that with Marty St. Louis as well
Yeah well I blame that one on Craig Button. As a GM he was an idiot.
Button has also never gotten a whiff at another GM position since he got fired a year later by the Flames.
Treliving is not Button AINEC.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Now you're just letting your temper get the best of you and you're saying things that you normally wouldn't. This is something I'd expect from some of your more "controversial/hot take" posters.
Get a grip man. You're better than that.

What part of that is not factual?

Who’s better than Nurse? Brodie, The guy that’s proven repeatedly he’s nothing without Gio? Surely you’re not homer enough to say Hanifin or Hamonic?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Who’s better than Nurse? Brodie, The guy that’s proven repeatedly he’s nothing without Gio? Surely you’re not homer enough to say Hanifin or Hamonic?
Hanifin and Nurse are equal offensively, Hanifin has been better defensively this year and is younger.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

-Gio
-Brodie
-Hanifin
-Hamonic
-Andersson
-Kylington

You can make a case all of these 6 are better or at worst have more potential but either way this is a trade thread about Chaisson, not a poll on who is better.

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
To cgy
Russell
Manning
Malone
Montoya

To edm
Neal 1.750 retained
Gawdin
Mangiapane
Czarnik
Lazar

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Do I really need to pull up all the negative posts about Nurse posted on your own board? From game to game he's a tire fire. Some games he's really good but others its like he parked his brains in the locker room before heading out on the ice.... and thats not me saying it... its your fellow Oiler fans. The only thing Nurse is good at is being consistently inconsistent.
Brodie is a top pairing d-man... Nurse isn't. Take out the two years that Brodie had to play under that idiot Gulutzan he's been one of the better Flames d-man. Don't just judge Brodie by his play from 2016-2018 where he was forced to play on the left side and under a terrible system. Hanifin is also better than Nurse.. defensively and offensively. Hamonic may not be the offensive player that Nurse is but he's much better defensively. Give Valimaki and Andersson another 200 games experience to catch up to Nurse and they'll most likely be better too.

Sorry... you're completely wrong with your evaluation of Nurse. He has good offensive instincts and he's good in a fight. Defensively you're taking your chances game to game. Not a guy you want on your 1st pairing (as you've found out when he's been forced to play there this season) and on your 2nd pairing you better have someone that he can play with that can cover for him when he makes his frequent bone headed mistakes.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You let Martin St. Louis go for nothing. Maybe you don't need Chiasson, but that's not a good argument.
So you just ignore the rest of my post just for this?

Comparing chaisson to st louis is not valid neither

Chaisson hasn't done shit since he left. The oilers fished him out of a trash can. It's ok if they want to make a profit but don't make him sound like some upgrade

Keep him for your tank. It's working well

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Guess you're forgetting that Brodie played damn well without Giordano during the 14/15 playoff run when Giordano was injured.

Hanifin and Hamonic are easily better than Nurse in my eyes. Though, I have seen Nurse over the past couple of games and thought that he has the potential to be a solid #2/3 like Brodie, he's just not there yet.

Reactions: thaman8765678

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Do I really need to pull up all the negative posts about Nurse posted on your own board? From game to game he's a tire fire. Some games he's really good but others its like he parked his brains in the locker room before heading out on the ice.... and thats not me saying it... its your fellow Oiler fans. The only thing Nurse is good at is being consistently inconsistent.
Brodie is a top pairing d-man... Nurse isn't. Take out the two years that Brodie had to play under that idiot Gulutzan he's been one of the better Flames d-man. Don't just judge Brodie by his play from 2016-2018 where he was forced to play on the left side and under a terrible system. Hanifin is also better than Nurse.. defensively and offensively. Hamonic may not be the offensive player that Nurse is but he's much better defensively. Give Valimaki and Andersson another 200 games experience to catch up to Nurse and they'll most likely be better too.

Sorry... you're completely wrong with your evaluation of Nurse. He has good offensive instincts and he's good in a fight. Defensively you're taking your chances game to game. Not a guy you want on your 1st pairing (as you've found out when he's been forced to play there this season) and on your 2nd pairing you better have someone that he can play with that can cover for him when he makes his frequent bone headed mistakes.

‘Don’t judge Brodie by half his damned career, only judge him on the good years and Nurse will stay exactly as good as he is now but our young guys will catch up because development is linear’. you guys need an editor to approve these posts before they hit the board, man. Brodie was a bottom pairing defenceman for long stretches last year because he’s garbage away from Giordano and plenty of posters on YOUR board would have dealt him for beans this summer. There’s no way to sugarcoat that.

Nurse has never been known for his offensive play all the way back to junior. He’s no #1, but he’s had a great year where many of our players haven’t. He’s easily a #3.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hanifin and Nurse are equal offensively, Hanifin has been better defensively this year and is younger.

I like your level-headedness as a poster, but unfortunately even that's a reach.

Nurse has 29 pts and McDavid's been in on 16 of them. One of Hopkins or Draisaitl have been in on at least 9 of the others. That's... 4 points without Edmonton's top 3 scorers.

Hanifin has 28pts and Gaudreau's been in on six of them. Monahan's been in on five more of them. Lindholm's been in on no more. Giordano's been in on no more. Tkachuk has been in on four. That's fifteen total points with Calgary's top FIVE scorers, and then thirteen more with the rest of Calgary's roster.

It seems most of Nurse's "offense" is passes to McDavid's skates.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Put Nurse on Calgary and Hanifin on Edmonton and this isn’t even a discussion. Hanifin plays for a better team, with a better partner than Russell, with a much better cast up front.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Been there done that with Chiasson. He's a good bottom 6 guy but trading for him would be pointless when we've got guys like Quine on the farm that will likely be called up soon

Reactions: No Draft

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Chiasson has been quite good at being a net front guy and a trigger man with skilled linemates this season. His skating isn't anything special but he has an important role that he could play on a team that wants to add such a piece without paying too heavily in terms of future assets. Add in that he has the added benefit of playing for the cup champs last season and he's a guy that would fit nicely on most 3rd lines and could be a 2nd line winger in a pinch. If his ask is reasonable I'd sooner sign him than deal him unless we can somehow land a 2nd or a good NHL prospect for him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I like your level-headedness as a poster, but unfortunately even that's a reach.

Nurse has 29 pts and McDavid's been in on 16 of them. One of Hopkins or Draisaitl have been in on at least 9 of the others. That's... 4 points without Edmonton's top 3 scorers.

Hanifin has 28pts and Gaudreau's been in on six of them. Monahan's been in on five more of them. Lindholm's been in on no more. Giordano's been in on no more. Tkachuk has been in on four. That's fifteen total points with Calgary's top FIVE scorers, and then thirteen more with the rest of Calgary's roster.

It seems most of Nurse's "offense" is passes to McDavid's skates.

Yes, obviously Nurse should have much more production with the surplus of talent we have at forward :laugh:

The Oilers have the least goals in the NHL by a mile from their bottom 9 forwards. Calgary has one of the highest.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yes, obviously Nurse should have much more production with the surplus of talent we have at forward :laugh:

The Oilers have the least goals in the NHL by a mile from their bottom 9 forwards. Calgary has one of the highest.

Bu-bu-but Alex Chiasson is an upgrade on everyone in Calgary's bottom six?!

You're reaching hard.

Here is 20 year old Noah Hanifin on the Carolina Hurricanes roster vs 24 year old Darnell Nurse on Connor McDavid's roster:

Flames.png

Hanifin was more productive in Carolina and that was without the benefit of SIXTEEN of his points coming from Connor McDavid and another NINE from Nugent Hopkins and Draisaitl.

Hanifin makes elite plays like this:

Where Darnell Nurse would have shot the puck like an idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: super6646

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
IMO he was a flash in the pan for his first ~25 games of the year and now he has just become his regular 4th line self again. If the Oilers manage to get a 2nd for him, that would be a complete robbery.

I want the Oilers to trade him and give the last ~20 games for other guys internally to get a shot in the NHL.

Was with you up until here. Keep the Bako guys down there.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

You're reaching hard.

Here is 20 year old Noah Hanifin on the Carolina Hurricanes roster vs 24 year old Darnell Nurse on Connor McDavid's roster:

View attachment 190785

Hanifin was more productive in Carolina and that was without the benefit of SIXTEEN of his points coming from Connor McDavid and another NINE from Nugent Hopkins and Draisaitl.

Your on f***ing role man.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

You're reaching hard.

View attachment 190785

Why on earth would you use Hanifin’s carolina numbers instead of the ones from your own team?

Oh, right. Because they’re nowhere near as good and cast Nurse in a much more positive light than you’re trying to present. In fact Hanifin looks like he’s been a good bit worse as a Flame than he was as a Hurricane. Don’t let that stand in the way of your belaboured (and wrong) opinion, though. Just more of the same from you.

No one scores on the Oilers without one of those three having a hand in it. That’s what happens when your team is built like Dolly Parton. The point shouldn’t be that ‘Nurse never produces points without those guys’ it should be ‘wow outside of four forwards, nobody produces points in Edmonton’. If you want to sling dirt at least do so with some modicum of accuracy - and put numbers accrued with your own damn team up instead of trying to take credit for someone else’s development.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
Nurse >>> every defenceman you have not named Giordano.

lmao :amazed::amazed::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

i'd take every non-prout flames defender over nurse now and in the future.

i thought heading for another basement finish the 11th time in 12th years would learn some oilers fans some humility about their players, buuuuutttt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad