Rumor: Pacific teams interested in Chiasson

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Is Edmonton going to trade him? Bin Stauffer said that the Oilers might not trade him due to injuries & lack of forward depth.

The rumoured price for Chiasson was 2nd round pick or a prospect.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is Edmonton going to trade him? Bin Stauffer said that the Oilers might not trade him due to injuries & lack of forward depth.

They’re 8 points out and without McDavid for two games. If they can’t see the ‘we done’ writing on the wall and become sellers, then we’re no better off than when Chia was running things.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Can see the Flames as well. He’s a guy they know well, GM isn’t afraid to deal picks, and Chiasson would be a nice add to their bottom six.

No chance at this, the Flames have 6 guys better than Chaisson in the bottom 6. I can see maybe Vegas getting him for a 5th round pick.

Reactions: LeonC

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
They’re 8 points out and without McDavid for two games. If they can’t see the ‘we done’ writing on the wall and become sellers, then we’re no better off than when Chia was running things.
Yeah, it could be the Oilers trying to drive up his price by saying they don't want to deal him due to injuries.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Our bottom 6 hasn't been an issue over the past 15 games and even then Chiasson isn't a big enough upgrade to justify the cost.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Yeah, it could be the Oilers trying to drive up his price by saying they don't want to deal him due to injuries.

As an Oiler fan, that would be a nice change instead of driving the price lower like we've done over the last few years.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No chance at this, the Flames have 6 guys better than Chaisson in the bottom 6. I can see maybe Vegas getting him for a 5th round pick.

Like hell they do, they’re playing Garnet Hathaway as an everyday player. :laugh: Chiasson’s also an upgrade on Czarnik and Mangiapane, and whatever beer leaguer locked James Neal in his basement and assumed his identity.

No chance at all Edmonton sells for a 5th. Particularly in division.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Like hell they do, they’re playing Garnet Hathaway as an everyday player. :laugh: Chiasson’s also an upgrade on Czarnik and Mangiapane, and whatever beer leaguer locked James Neal in his basement and assumed his identity.

No chance at all Edmonton sells for a 5th. Particularly in division.
Hathaway does lots of things that chaisson can't

He is a better 4th liner

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I doubt you'd find a lot of Flames fans who would want Chiasson back. He was a replacement level fourth liner. I'd rather Hathaway personally.

Reactions: CF84

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

Honestly Hathaway, Mangiapane and Czarnik are all better/more skilled than Chaisson. I wouldn't want him back for free. No reason to break up the 3rd or 4th lines unless it's an upgrade.[/QUOTE]

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Reasonable take. It’s just dishonest to say Chiasson isn’t an upgrade on what you have.

Especially given that we aren’t selling him cheap.
There is no room on the bottom 6

Don't forget we let him go for nothing

So yeah he is not upgrading the flames

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Get a 3rd and call it a day he’s likely over achieved

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
There is no room on the bottom 6

Don't forget we let him go for nothing

So yeah he is not upgrading the flames

Yes, exactly he is not an upgrade and fans do not want him back. He would simply fill a space at a higher salary with less skill.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I swear to god if they pass up on a second or third and a solid prospect because of a one and done year player.

The oilers thing would be to keep him and sign him 3 million for 3 years

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I could see Arizona as a dark
horse team. Still in the mix, could hope for offence from Chiasson. He also feels like a Benning/Green guy to me so I could see him to the Canucks (Hopefully for Dahlen so all hell breaks loose on here/Twitter).

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well unless the flames management feels differently than the flames fans here who else could it be? Vegas? SJ? Not interested in a pissing contest with flames fans as if we did deal him there it would probably need to be an overpay or they're the only ones that have interest in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad