Owen Sound Attack 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
I don't think DD burns an OA and import spot on one player. Shush is ok but I feel it would be better to bring in a young import to grow with the other young guys.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I see Sushko is listed under AHL Lehigh Valley Phantoms for 2019-20. He'll attend the Flyers camp, and depending what they decide, he'll either go to AHL, ECHL, be returned to OS or even go to European team. I don't think he's ready to play NHL yet. Lehigh has a rookie game scheduled in early Sept. Time will tell.

Even after a down year he's 100% not coming back next season, and the team is definitely not spending two cards on him. No point in even speculating.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
NHL Entry Draft 2019 opening round kicks off tonight at 8pm.

Seider is the highest ranked out of the Attack draft eligibles in this years draft. Will see how the chips fall of the next 2 days. I strongly believe the dark-horse in the draft eligibles for Owen Sound would be Andrew Perrott.

I don't think AP will go 1st round but he will go in the next 2 days, maybe one of Owen Sound's most underrated defensemen taken in this year's draft and will have very good season coming back to OS next season on the blue-line. Liked him when I saw him come in through the deal with the Knights for Hancock and will be a key piece in the back-end this fall.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Unfortunately seeing Seider go that high is always going to sting a bit from an Attack fan standpoint.

Although time to move on and look ahead at Guzda and Perrott tomorrow in rounds 2-7 there's still a lot of chances for a OS prospect to get selected by a NHL club. However keep in mind looking from an OHL standpoint depending on what draft list you look at 5 out of the top 10 OHLers list didn't get picked yet in this years entry draft.

There's a lot of chances for teams like the LA Kings to pick Attack players tomorrow who have strong ties to picking OHLers in entry drafts the past number of years, and day 2 of the NHL draft is what really matters these days as that's where the bulk of the future NHLers come from.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Wow not sure if it was just because there was no current Attack roster players picksd or if it was just an odd year but it did not feel like many OHL players were picked in this draft compared to other years. Its a sad thing to get totally blanked other then Seider who may never play a game here.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Just checked the OHL site. Apparently 25 ohl players were picked which was roughly 12 percent of the 217 players chosen.. definitely seems like a down year for the O

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'm not sure exactly what to make of the draft.

Storm and Attack combined, zero players drafted. Opposite ends of the spectrum .
Other teams had no players selected.

Maybe Canada is not the hockey hotbed anymore?

World junior performance ?

Allowing import goalies again in the O ?

Your thoughts ?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'm not sure exactly what to make of the draft.

Storm and Attack combined, zero players drafted. Opposite ends of the spectrum .
Other teams had no players selected.

Maybe Canada is not the hockey hotbed anymore?

World junior performance ?

Allowing import goalies again in the O ?

Your thoughts ?

When 35 guys get picked next year will it suddenly be fixed? Just a down year.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
I have a good feeling that we will see Seider in Owen Sound for this up and coming season. which makes me excited because our D core should be pretty good, goaltending will always be a mystery will Guzda in net.. make a trade for a sniper and we should be in good shape.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
I have a good feeling that we will see Seider in Owen Sound for this up and coming season. which makes me excited because our D core should be pretty good, goaltending will always be a mystery will Guzda in net.. make a trade for a sniper and we should be in good shape.
What makes you think he will be here? Just curious.

Reactions: Noofgoof

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
Badgerbruce has an interesting take on it. I think it was on the Sarnia board.
His discussion is on the Flint board. His discussion involves the 2001 players being disadvantaged by the changes made to the contact rule when these boys were Pee Wee players. Interesting discussion.

Reactions: HockeyPops

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good to see managment lock up our first two round picks from this year's draft. Or should I say officially announce commitments to the team.

Since both Deni and Ethan made appearances at this year's draft party back in April it was all so obvious that management was looking for the obvious choices that the top 2 prospects the team would pick would commit to OS this fall.

A step in the right direction for the future.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
OHL players invited to NHL Development Camps. Attack players include:
Lyle - Arizona; Guzda - Florida; Dudas - L.A.; Bourque - Ottawa; Sushko - Flyers. Also nice to see Hancock invited to St. Louis. Good luck to all the boys.
OHL players head to NHL Development Camps – Ontario Hockey League

Good to see Lyle, Bourque, Guzda and Hancock on their way to NHL training camps all well deserving players. Just goes to show that there's more than one way for our players to get a chance at the NHL.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I think he’ll be be in Grand Rapids

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I think he’ll be be in Grand Rapids
That would be my expectation as well. I would definitely think Detroit will want him in North America and being that he's physically mature for his age and already played in a men's league it makes sense for him to be in the AHL. It's a slim chance but they could arrange for a loan from the German league to the Attack as well which wouldn't prevent him from playing in the AHL in 2020-21 at age 19.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
I see that Carter Robertson was invited to Maple Leafs dev't camp as well.

On another note, Guelph has already announced their Captain for 2019-20 season. Thoughts on who the Attack should name as captain? Thinking Dudas.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound

On another note, Guelph has already announced their Captain for 2019-20 season. Thoughts on who the Attack should name as captain? Thinking Dudas.
Dudas has my vote but Lyle is in the discussion I would think.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
That would be my expectation as well. I would definitely think Detroit will want him in North America and being that he's physically mature for his age and already played in a men's league it makes sense for him to be in the AHL. It's a slim chance but they could arrange for a loan from the German league to the Attack as well which wouldn't prevent him from playing in the AHL in 2020-21 at age 19.

Looking at Red Wings Dev't Camp "Players to Watch", Seider - commentary says there is doubt he would be sent to OHL since he played against men in Germany.
Red Wings development camp: 10 players to watch

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

Likely going to be Dudas. However he is going to be coveted around the deadline. I'm not sure they want to trade captains in back to back seasons but he would be at the top of the list.

AS for players who could be in competition.

Brady Lyle, Barret Kirwan, and a very underrated possibility is Perrott. Reminds me sometimes of watching Centorame.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Dudas has my vote but Lyle is in the discussion I would think.

I would think Dudas or Lyle would be the most logical choices for captains next season, although you'd have to think Kirwin or Perrott would be in the mix as well for a leader on the team as A's. All would be senior guys who could step into leadership roles for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad