Owen Sound Attack 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I like this trade.

Got rid of a guy who wasn't likely going to make the opening night roster and in return got a guy whose a leader, fills an oa spot and.has had decent middle forward numbers. I like it

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I like this trade.

Got rid of a guy who wasn't likely going to make the opening night roster and in return got a guy whose a leader, fills an oa spot and.has had decent middle forward numbers. I like it
Congratulations to your GM! Another fleecing of the Niagara BurkeDogs.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Love this deal, and makes the team's 2000 crunch a little less severe.

With Philip and Robinson, the Attack still have room to add another overager. Wouldn't mind seeing one of Mississauga's many 99's come up Highway 10 (specifically Ham or Wells).

If Dale can solve the McLean situation and swap out goaltenders, things will be looking dandy heading into training camp.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
With DD's recent addition this team is shaping up fairly good, filling a role spot with Philip should help shore up this team's depth chart.

Shuffling out a question mark on the roster for a guy who will be a steady player in depth chart with decent numbers who adds maturity to the team.

Even if Philip isn't a top-6 forward that adds some depth in the top-9 moving into this season while giving JD a fresh look with the Ice Dogs.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I like this deal for a number of reasons. The Attack were in need of a solid top 6 OA forward. This deal will give J. Doherty an opportunity to catch on with another team in the OHL. The Niagara Ice Dogs should have a few top 9 forward spots open, especially if they "sell off" (Thomas-Tomasino) near the deadline to obtain much needed draft picks. This Attack team has a nice group of forwards heading into training camp with still a couple of question marks for the management team to sort out. Ex; Import picks? IMO, they will need to be more of an "impact" player in order to sign and remain here, unlike a couple of the more recent Imports that were brought into the fold. - Line up prediction -

99/Philip - 00/Dudas - 00/Pearson
00/Popov - -00/Kirwin - 00/Nizhnikov
00/McMaster - 00/Groulx - 99/Robinson
02/Samanski - 03/Goure - 03/Burroughs
(03/Lawrence - 01/Staub - 02/Machasek) - possible signings

Also available; 01/Wilson, 01/Caruk

Last edited:

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
No surprise to see Doherty moved, and it's good for him that it got done before training camp.

I'm surprised by the return. One veteran, role-playing forward swapped for another one. Still the same logjam at the F position, the team gets slightly older (already veteran-heavy, especially up front), and we lose a pick. I would have thought we'd move the excess forwards for picks and maybe a depth defenceman. With another F, there's still just as many moves to be made. Not saying it's a bad move, just not what I would have expected.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
No surprise to see Doherty moved, and it's good for him that it got done before training camp.

I'm surprised by the return. One veteran, role-playing forward swapped for another one. Still the same logjam at the F position, the team gets slightly older (already veteran-heavy, especially up front), and we lose a pick. I would have thought we'd move the excess forwards for picks and maybe a depth defenceman. With another F, there's still just as many moves to be made. Not saying it's a bad move, just not what I would have expected.
There will be more moves made and I suspect existing players for picks in some cases. With this addition we save some money on jersey modification. He wore 18 so we just have to cut the s off the end of Marcus's jerseys.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Dont forget Brady Lyle.....but I have a gut feeling that will be looking to add one...just not over and above the two you have listed

Oh gosh good catch! Completely forgot about Lyle - so scratch what I said. That's a decent group of OA's then.

Solving the logjam at forward, moving MacLean, and finding room for any training camp standouts seem to be the only agenda items before the season starts.

This is definitely not the type of lineup composition I imagined the Attack having even seven months ago, but definitely not upset. While the depth of the group covers up the lack of star power, the number of 00's means that if the team decides to sell, there are pieces to help restock the cupboard 100%. That number also means the team has a shot at being competitive this season. Also ensures that almost regardless of how you slice it, the team will be bringing back three very good overagers for 20/21.

gregreg

Jun 10, 2009
Love this deal, and makes the team's 2000 crunch a little less severe.

With Philip and Robinson, the Attack still have room to add another overager. Wouldn't mind seeing one of Mississauga's many 99's come up Highway 10 (specifically Ham or Wells).

If Dale can solve the McLean situation and swap out goaltenders, things will be looking dandy heading into training camp.
HAM! HAM! HAM! HAM!

Reactions: PensFan101

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Camp is almost here. The logos have been painted on the arena floor and flooding will take place next Sunday or Monday. Can't wait to see the young guns in action.
No Logos yet they have to have some ice then the white base then the lines and logos. Looks like they may have just turned on compressors

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
I thought it was strange when the person from the office said the logos were done. Maybe he meant that the templates were ready to be put on once first layer of ice done. Thanks.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I thought it was strange when the person from the office said the logos were done. Maybe he meant that the templates were ready to be put on once first layer of ice done. Thanks.

They typically don't put the ice in until the week before training camp, with camp supposed to be set 2 weeks from Monday I would imagine the ice will be going in and all the decals will be added some point next week usually the Wednesday or Thursday prior to camp starting.

The temples are always ready to be put in once the first layer of ice has been put down, so for the office staff to mention anything about logo's would be a closer sign they've been in talks with city building staff about scheduling a date to prepare the arena floor for the ice plant to be turned on.

The only other thing I could think the team would be in the process of doing would be waiting on league approval to alter or change the logo for the upcoming season.

With the announcement earlier this summer about some special announcements during the season I'd would make sense for the team to celebrate what would officially be 30 years as an OHL franchise in the OHL this season if this is the idea the team has we could see some very special former players come back for would I would imagine to be banners raised to the rafters of the Bayshore.

With a number of NHLers who were former Attack/Platers alumni I.e.

Joel Ward #22
Curtis Sanford #1
Brent Johnson #1
Kevin Weeks #00
Jamie Storr #31

To name a few who could and probably should have banners raised to the rafters of the Bayshore at some point. But we shall see what the team has in store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Announcement solved

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Oh gosh good catch! Completely forgot about Lyle - so scratch what I said. That's a decent group of OA's then.

Solving the logjam at forward, moving MacLean, and finding room for any training camp standouts seem to be the only agenda items before the season starts.

This is definitely not the type of lineup composition I imagined the Attack having even seven months ago, but definitely not upset. While the depth of the group covers up the lack of star power, the number of 00's means that if the team decides to sell, there are pieces to help restock the cupboard 100%. That number also means the team has a shot at being competitive this season. Also ensures that almost regardless of how you slice it, the team will be bringing back three very good overagers for 20/21.

Agreed this team is in good shape moving into this season, and has options this maybe one of the hardest camps the team will have talent wise but that is a good sign for what the team's season could look like for 2019/20.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
The training camp schedule has been posted on the teams website.
I really like the "20 year commemorative" logo!
Has there been any word that the team will be wearing a new set of jerseys this season sporting this logo?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The training camp schedule has been posted on the teams website.
I really like the "20 year commemorative" logo!
Has there been any word that the team will be wearing a new set of jerseys this season sporting this logo?

Nothing about a Jersey alteration however it would be great to see the team do a retro throwback to the mid 90's area single lighting bolt if they do however being 20 years of the "Attack" name there hasn't been very much change in jersey layouts beyond altering the logo and changing the color scheme on the waist of the jerseys themselves.

I've always believed that it would be fitting for the team to commemorate the final year of the Platers single lighting bolt as a 3rd being that this season would be 20 years since the team was resurrected by the current owners and the fan support who helped keep the team in town. But with early days and the regular season starting roughly a month away there's still plenty of time for the team in agreement with the league to bring out a commemorative 3rd jersey.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad