OT: Outdoor Rinks

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
It chews up your skates pretty bad. Personally id use a second pair if you have them.

Yeah I bought new ones this season, I parted with my old old Bauer Supremes 5000 for the slick Bauer X:50's....I don't think I can ever go back to my old Supremes...they hurt way too much.

Last edited:

iddmitch

Jun 16, 2009
Edmonton
Ok so I went and checked the rinks that I was told were open (by who I thought was reliable) and discovered that in fact the following rinks are closed and not even close:
Royal Gardens
Aspen Gardens
Lansdowne
Lendrum
Pleasantview

A different friend of mine seemed to think that a couple in riverbend were open but I am not sure, I will swing by there today on my way home and check.

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
Outdoor rinks Edmonton

I know its early and not open yet but does anyone know if there is any outdoor rink near Oliver Square west?

Oct 15, 2008
Went to check out the state of some rinks in Millwoods today.

Satoo is probably the closest to being ready. In fact it may already be in use, I couldnt tell for sure. They had the nets out beside the building so that indicates to me they may be open already. Ice looks a little rough though.

Leeridge is very close. Could open soon.

Burnwood is also very close and could open soon.

All three of the above have the little rink with no boards open already.

Greenfield has a base flood down, so they are working on it but it looks a ways a way. Possibly a week or two?

Minchau or Ridgewood has nothing. Same with Crawford Plains last I checked and Millhurst.

Does anyone know of any rinks open on the south side? Particularly anything in Millwoods or Royal/Aspen gardens?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
any updates? Southside especially?

julia kiniski had the little rink open until 8 last night, so it should be up regularly now. the bigger rink with all the boards and good ice and nets and what not will be open on saturday.

Kevotron

Jan 24, 2008
Edmonton
Based on the winter weather this year no rinks would be in any condition to have a fun/safe shinny game...
should just check out the city's webpage for some indoor shinny @ various arenas throughout the city

Connor Mcdavey*

thought i'd bump this thread.. anything opened yet? I know YMCA northside has it's out door rinks ready, still no nets yet though.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Based on the winter weather this year no rinks would be in any condition to have a fun/safe shinny game...
should just check out the city's webpage for some indoor shinny @ various arenas throughout the city

Really? I think you're being a bit pessimistic - last year we had some pretty brutal weather and there was still tons of rinks open. They've been working on the rinks around my house for a little while now so it looks like they plan to open up.

Anyone find anything yet?

Oct 15, 2008
I went to Greenfield on Saturday. The shack was closed but there were people on the ice. It wasnt bad. No nets though.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The Brookside rinks were open a couple of weeks ago, I believe (that's in the Old Riverbend area). They have two rinks, not sure if the nets were out as I was just passing by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad