OT: Outdoor Rinks

MerryJ99

Aug 13, 2006
Edmonton
I do believe the Rinks at High park and Laurier will be open soon if they already have not been. Laurier has a brand new rink that was just finished this fall.

rbrisco

Nov 14, 2010
ive received word that bannerman rink and crestwood rink are open

Confirmed 100% tonight that Bannerman is open for hockey!
Weeknights till 9 pm except closed on Tuesdays
1-5 pm on weekends
$2 per day for non-community league members.
Helmets are mandatory.
I know where I'll be tomorrow night!

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Confirmed 100% tonight that Bannerman is open for hockey!
Weeknights till 9 pm except closed on Tuesdays
1-5 pm on weekends
$2 per day for non-community league members.
Helmets are mandatory.
I know where I'll be tomorrow night!

weak

Seanzie888

Aug 19, 2007
Waaaaaaaaay Up
Royal Gardens on 117th St and 40th Ave just opened tonight. Apparently the word was out because there were a ton of people there. Like 10 a side for a couple hours. No cost. Ice was snowy but I'm thinking that was because of the sheer number of people there. Twas good to get out skating again!

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
Royal Gardens on 117th St and 40th Ave just opened tonight. Apparently the word was out because there were a ton of people there. Like 10 a side for a couple hours. No cost. Ice was snowy but I'm thinking that was because of the sheer number of people there. Twas good to get out skating again!

royal gardens is always jammed. usually pretty good quality games tho.

Captain Pilsner

Sep 1, 2005
any word on St. Albert rinks?

also anyone have any info on outdoor rinks near Terwillegar? I only know of the one by the Boston Pizza on Twerwillegar Dr. that is ALWAYS PACKED

Timo

May 23, 2007
Edmonton

Actually, I'm all for mandatory helmets.

Not being I want everyone to be covered in bubble wrap for their own protection, but because in a game if someone without a helmet knocks heads with someone with a helmet, it could be an issue.

metallicat

Aug 9, 2003
Edson, AB
Visit site
I agree with the helmet rule at most rinks. The only thing bad about it is the limit to what you can wear you keep your ears warm. I prefer a toque, but it doesn't fit under my helmet.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Most rinks in castledowns are open on the northside.

I liek downtown, so finding a rink has been hard so far.

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
Last minute but if anyone is bored right now, trying to get a game of shiny at Castledowns @ 7:30.

OilersFacepalm

Oct 8, 2008
St. Albert, Alberta
any word on St. Albert rinks?

also anyone have any info on outdoor rinks near Terwillegar? I only know of the one by the Boston Pizza on Twerwillegar Dr. that is ALWAYS PACKED

I haven't heard anything. I back onto the field which has the rink in Heritage Lakes and I haven't seen anyone on it even spraying! I think St. Albert's way behind. :shakehead

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Lots of rinks open on the northside, just got back from Beacon Heights and it's in pretty good shape, little rough around the boards but hey.

sync

BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
Aug 1, 2007
greenfields has amazing ice for the time of year and aspen gardens is gonna be open soon.

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
Actually, I'm all for mandatory helmets.

Not being I want everyone to be covered in bubble wrap for their own protection, but because in a game if someone without a helmet knocks heads with someone with a helmet, it could be an issue.

Its purely liability reasons when it comes to the City.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad