Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Happy Festivus!

Rat1.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
How could she hate the city, I have heard that Montreal is one of the greatest cities in North America!
I think she was pissed that management didn't play her hubby, Greg, enough. She shot her mouth off in the media and that was it for Pateryn. Too bad -- he was becoming a good dman.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
You've got to see the highlighs from The Pens Caps game. The Caps should have run away with it except for Murray, the posts and at least 2 saves by players saving it on the goal line after Murray was beaten. Ovi smashed his stick in frustration.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You've got to see the highlighs from The Pens Caps game. The Caps should have run away with it except for Murray, the posts and at least 2 saves by players saving it on the goal line after Murray was beaten. Ovi smashed his stick in frustration.

I caught bits and pieces of the intensity. A good game for a resurgence by the Pens.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I grew up watching hockey in the mid '80's, so I can't speak to the players before that but for me Gretzky and Lemieux were the best players I ever saw live or on tv. I wouldn't put anyone after them in the same sentence. I missed several of Gretzky's really great years so for me Lemieux was likely the most talented player I ever saw. I had the game where he scored 5 goals 5 different ways on VHS tape, he was just on another level to any other player not named Gretzky imo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I grew up watching hockey in the mid '80's, so I can't speak to the players before that but for me Gretzky and Lemieux were the best players I ever saw live or on tv. I wouldn't put anyone after them in the same sentence. I missed several of Gretzky's really great years so for me Lemieux was likely the most talented player I ever saw. I had the game where he scored 5 goals 5 different ways on VHS tape, he was just on another level to any other player not named Gretzky imo.
Heck I saw him in the tail end of his career and he was still better than anyone Ive seen to date.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think she was pissed that management didn't play her hubby, Greg, enough. She shot her mouth off in the media and that was it for Pateryn. Too bad -- he was becoming a good dman.

Pateryn and his wife were right. Pateryn was not getting enough ice time. We were patient and waited so long for him to develop (after we traded Grabovski) and then once he is NHL ready, we hold him down and don't give him opportunity. Yeah, he lacks some offensive skill but he's a beast in his own end and skates well. There is value there and lets face it, 50% of all D man in the NHL get like 20 pts max.

We mismanaged Pateryn

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Pateryn and his wife were right. Pateryn was not getting enough ice time. We were patient and waited so long for him to develop (after we traded Grabovski) and then once he is NHL ready, we hold him down and don't give him opportunity. Yeah, he lacks some offensive skill but he's a beast in his own end and skates well. There is value there and lets face it, 50% of all D man in the NHL get like 20 pts max.

We mismanaged Pateryn
then traded for Benn, who's not any better.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And the flying elbows of Tikanen and Messier......wasn’t Beukeboom there also or was that just after??

Just missed. Semenko was traded to Hartford the year Beukeboom was called up from the AHL for his rookie season. They had McSorley and their Stanley Cup roster (86-87) but no Semenko. Kevin McClelland was the new, younger enforcer. Semenko aged out.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

We mismanaged Pateryn
Lol

Brilliant!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad