Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
My degree is Financial Management but I wish I had gone for astronomy, such an interesting field. Don't think I could have handled the math, I started at Calculus and went up a few levels but that sucked big time.

I'm the same. Applied math as in Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry) was comparatively simple for me. Pure / Abstract math was tough to bend my brain around. I had to stop short of a Degree.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'd guess the arbitrary part is the miles. Speed could be expressed in kilometres or any measured distance. For example, 100 MPH is 2,640 hockey-rinks per hour.

A "year" is the other. They're handy because they can be measured to thousands (or more) decimal points.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Not sure if he still wants to play NHL hockey but Patrik Berglund is a massive upgrade over Chaput. Good FO % numbers too.

I'd rather pay Chaput his money for what he does than Berglund his money for what he does. It's easy to find a cheaper upgrade on Chaput.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
All the Lemieux talk made me realize that I think a healthy Lemieux would've beaten both the single season goal and points records in '93. And I think we wouldn't even entertain the notion that he wasn't, at the very least, the 2nd best player ever.

He scored 100 points in less than his first 40 games that year and actually managed to UP his ppg at 60 games. I think we could have witnessed a 95 goal 220 point season that year. He even upped his goal scoring pace from 39 in 40 games. It was him besting Lafleurs records all over again. He UPPED his ppg after his return from lymphoma, thats just a huge WTF.

Cancer really sucks.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This thread got super nerdy and I wasn't even there to contribute :laugh:
My degree is Financial Management but I wish I had gone for astronomy, such an interesting field. Don't think I could have handled the math, I started at Calculus and went up a few levels but that sucked big time.
History for me but like you astronomy always was a big secret interest of mine. I actually took an optional course in physics one year but those equations had me dizzy in about a minute :laugh: . I ended up with a B minus and I considered myself REAL lucky to get that.

Last edited:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Most 19 year old Dmen look like bigger busts than Sergachev....because they aren't even in the NHL.
Even Hedman had brutal stats at age 19 and 20.
Hedman came in and took tough minutes from day one, playing with plugs. Where as Serge wasn’t asked to play d at all last year - 70 percent o zone start for christ sake - Hedman started in the league on a brutal team playing big boy minutes.

This isn’t to say that Serge is a bust but I really think people don’t understand how he was used last year. He bascially played offense only and was 9th on his team in scoring. He had a great year but those were stupid easy minutes on a super star team.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Boston has given up the fewest goals in the league.

Jaro Halak was a good signing.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->