Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Let's try to nab him while his stock is low.

19 y/old

Recency bias

Watch him rise up again.

Experience and maturity brings more consistency.
Oh I’d definitely like to try and get him back and am far from writing him off. I’m just not sure if I’d trade Drouin back for him at this point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Pateryn situation falls 100% on the player, his wife put management in a no win situation. He's not the first tweener player that struggled with getting ice time - there just isn't enough to go around to make everyone happy

His wife happily bought his ticket out of town

I think Pateryn and his wife could of handled it differently but the Habs also over reacted IMO. I understand it more from Pateryn's perspective vs Bergevin and the coach in this situation.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It’s measurement of distance in a set time frame. One year.

It's not time. It's a set distance that uses the measure at which photons travel, which is too long to write in kilometers, so they use "light years" which represent the number of kilometers a photon travels in a set amount of time.

It's purely distance. To calculate time, you need to know the amount of distance and speed.

Saying it represents time would make it the same for a km. You're still missing your measures to calculate time.

Speed of light is somewhere around 300000 km/s.

Calculate 300000×60(s)×60(m)×24(h)×365(d) and that's the total distance represented by a lightyear.

Hence, when we say travel 1 light year, it represents that total distance a photon would travel in a year, which is a set amount, hence a distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well when I said it’s a set time frame of year, that definitely was wrong. The time frame is relevant to the distance and could be anywhere from a fraction of a year to an infinite number of years.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's not time. It's a set distance that uses the measure at which photons travel, which is too long to write in kilometers, so they use "light years" which represent the number of kilometers a photon travels in a set amount of time.

It's purely distance. To calculate time, you need to know the amount of distance and speed.

Saying it represents time would make it the same for a km. You're still missing your measures to calculate time.

Speed of light is somewhere around 300000 km/s.

Calculate 300000×60(s)×60(m)×24(h)×365(d) and that's the total distance represented by a lightyear.

Hence, when we say travel 1 light year, it represents that total distance a photon would travel in a year, which is a set amount, hence a distance.
That's 365.25 days :laugh:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He wasn't let go, he simply went for the best offer as is his right.

Pateryn by himself doesn't matter much, what does matter is the pattern of mismanagement.
I understand the pattern of mismanagement, I just don't think Pateryns situation fits in it. Same goes for Zach Kassian. Both players had to be shipped out because of their own actions, not the teams.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I understand the pattern of mismanagement, I just don't think Pateryns situation fits in it. Same goes for Zach Kassian. Both players had to be shipped out because of their own actions, not the teams.

Nope.

Zack Kassian got a fair shot with the Habs, Pateryn did not. The latter was a good player, better than some currently on the roster, but the management was oblivious to this.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Leafs new third jerseys?

cut.jpg

Nice of them to also get a picture with their buddy and teammate Willy Nylander. :)

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Nashville already without Subban, Forsberg, Ardvesson for weeks already...now lost Ekholm and Sissons.

When did Ekholm get hurt? Was it tonight? Jeez, multiply the injury days by each player and factor in their importance to the team. So much bad luck...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The speed of “light” is a constant. Not miles per hour.

The constant is used as a measuring stick for interstellar distances.

And miles per hour is an arbitrary constant, but a constant all the same. An hour is an hour, because 60 minutes is 60 minutes, and one kilometer per hour is one kilometer per one hour. They are constants too. The only difference is that light years is a natural constant that we use tge same way we use arbitrary constants.

If one would be able to accelerate at 4 times the speed of light, then would go at 4 light years per second. All it says is that you're goimg 4x km/h, instead of x km/h, where X represents the number of kilometers a light year represents.

It's purely a measuring stick for distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino