Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
which was a situation created by management, they didn't need to bring in so many forwards while having **** on the blueline.

I never saw DLR as more then a 4th liner and still don't but if he's putting up 20 pts or close to it while being a very good PKer, I'd rather have that then DLO, Chaput, etc..

It's the same with Reilly, I'd play him every night over guys like Schlemko or Benn, what do you have to lose?
I just think that when healthy, we easily have 12 forwards better than him. Reilly on the other hand I think has been better than both Schlemko and Benn.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man Dougie Hamilton has been brutal this year. Canes need scoring and they traded Lindholm who has 34 points in 31 games and Skinner who has 31 points in 31 games(top 4 for goals scored). Yikes.

Reactions: cphabs and Tuggy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Traded at the right time? This is not the ripeness of champagne grapes, guy. Your comment is the very contingency of why I call it fan fiction.

So, straighten me out. Tell me. What would DLR have gotten in return at the very height of his borderline 4th line powers? Does he get as much as a 7th rdr from Dtw? What date was that? 29th of February last year?

Was Galchenyuk traded at right time? Yes he was. Was Collberg traded at the right time? What you call fan fiction, I call what separates a great GM that keeps a job to a guy who is fired the day after. Yeah, fan fiction, calling DLR a 4th line powers RIGHT NOW when my point is that he should have been traded EARLIER before he get that 4th line powers. What you are doing is actually not that hard. Wait till everything is done. And then claim that you knew it all along and that based on what we know NOW, it still was the same thing 1 or 2 years ago. Your expertise is to bash people with opinions. By trying to transform that into supposed fiction 'cause we all know YOU dictate what's real.

What's your point man? That everything Bergevin does is just what could have been done? That 100% of his decisions happened for the best of reasons and that there's absolutely no other things that could have been done? Because pros know best? How the heck are the professionnals so higher in your standards when there are pros that are fired every year? You really can't make a difference between thinking DLR RIGHT NOW could have brought us a 2nd rounder.....or.....knowing before that his ceiling was reached and that you could have traded him before to get a pick? Beaulieu gave us a 3rd round pick.....but if we still use him and sucks tremendously.....and we have to waive him......you would have come here and tell us that it was FAN FICTION to want a 3rd rounder out of that failure....hey guy...it happened. You just have no idea what can or could be fan fiction. There are stupid decisions that are made every day that for you would be fan ficition till it happens.

No idea why you stick around if you hate that board so much.

Take this team and tell me IN ADVANCE what you think fan fiction is. Instead of waiting to see it happening and then bash posters who think we could have done differently.....Was it fan fiction to want Lefebvre be fired 2 or 3 years ago? I guess we were way too fictional for you? How's his head coaching job now? 'Cause that guy who is so good is surely head coaching somewhere else?

Strange how that works.....I think Timmins is not doing a good job. Far from it. But any fan of his could come here and tell you how your fan fiction is up and running when you continuously bash Timmins. How do you know every bad pick is because of him? How do you know that? How's your fan fiction different from other fan fiction?

Enough man. We are discussing hockey. And we have opinions that we hoped could have happened. You hope that Timmins would be better. Some others hope Lefebvre would have done a better job. Not sure why those posters needs to be put in a category because of it.....'cause in the end, everybody is right here. Every freakin body.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I just think that when healthy, we easily have 12 forwards better than him. Reilly on the other hand I think has been better than both Schlemko and Benn.

he doesn't have to be, as long as he's better then the 15th forward he would have a spot or 14th if we were to 8D. That said I would rather see him on the ice then DLO and Chaput for sure, Agostino most likely since it comes down to who would be better for us longer term not a few weeks unless he is another late bloomer like Byron.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Not sure if it was mentioned here, but I was looking at capfriendly for other reasons and noticed Logan Shaw got signed by the Jets. Good for him! I liked him with the Habs last year. Hope he works his way back to the NHL.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
As soon as he retires, the HOF has to make an exception and put him in there the following Monday. To heck with the formal inductions.
Members who have had their waiting period waived by the hall-

1947 - Dit Clapper retired on February 12, 1947.
1961 - Maurice "Rocket" Richard retired following the 1960-61 season.
1966 - Ted Lindsay retired in 1965.
1969 - Leonard "Red" Kelly retired in 1967.
1971 - Terry Sawchuk passed away in Summer of '70.
1972 - Jean Beliveau retired in 1972.
1972 - Gordie Howe retired in 1972, came out of retirement in 1973.
1979 - Bobby Orr retired in 1979 due to knee injury.
1997 - Mario Lemieux retired in 1997, came out of retirement in 2000.
1999 - Wayne Gretzky retired in 1999.

Ovechkin would also be worthy.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
which was a situation created by management, they didn't need to bring in so many forwards while having **** on the blueline.

I never saw DLR as more then a 4th liner and still don't but if he's putting up 20 pts or close to it while being a very good PKer, I'd rather have that then DLO, Chaput, etc..

It's the same with Reilly, I'd play him every night over guys like Schlemko or Benn, what do you have to lose?
CJ is fooled by the illusion he's created by thinking Schlemko and/or Benn are less error prone then Reilly.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Man Dougie Hamilton has been brutal this year. Canes need scoring and they traded Lindholm who has 34 points in 31 games and Skinner who has 31 points in 31 games(top 4 for goals scored). Yikes.
I've always thought he's been massively overrated...

He was super hyped coming out of junior.

I never saw "it" with him.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Their owner is trying to get the NHL to have 28 teams in the playoffs, I assume the final would be sometime in July then?

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I don't know what the hell he was thinking in trading Skinner for picks. The Hamilton/Ferland trade was quite fair at the time though, Adam Fox is looking promising.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Traded at the right time? This is not the ripeness of champagne grapes, guy. Your comment is the very contingency of why I call it fan fiction.

So, straighten me out. Tell me. What would DLR have gotten in return at the very height of his borderline 4th line powers? Does he get as much as a 7th rdr from Dtw? What date was that? 29th of February last year?

We drafted him pretty much exactly where he was expected to go. So it's safe to say at one point he had the value of a high 2nd round pick.

I'd argue he still had that value after his first year in N.A, so summer 2015 he still had early 2nd round pick value. After that he started to struggle and his value likely dropped every year.

It's been a running theme of Bergevin to wait until a young guy is at his lowest before trading him, I think in large part because he's scared that the player might turn it around with the new team. He wants to be 100% the guy won't turn it around be become a good NHL player.

Reactions: Chris Nilan

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Ovie really starting to make the case for greatest goal scorer of all time. I wonder what his numbers would be if goalies were the same size as 80's era and still played with 80's equipement?

Last edited:

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Ovie really starting to make the case greatest goal scorer of all time. I wonder what his numbers would be if goalies were the same size as 80's era and still played with 80's equipement?
He was also robbed of say at least 65 goals by the two lockouts. Pretty sure he is considered the greatest goal scorer of all time when it’s all said and done.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Don't know how true this is but at the Canucks HF Boards they posted that the Canucks had an unofficial shooting competition and that EP had the hardest slapshot with 94 Mph.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wtf happened to Chicago they locked in all their dinosaurs too long

paying Seabrook 9M clearly backfired. 5 more years after this one to go. He started this season owned 37M, ouch. They might get something decent for Keith if he'll agree to waive his NMC, he's owed 9.75M after this year over 4 years so not bad.

I so badly wanted us to trade Pac there for the Hawks 1st and Jokiharju. Many of the draft fans on this board would be doing backflips if MB had pulled that off.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad