Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lol who cares, you could literally just sign another guy in free agency. Once Armia comes back, I struggle to see who DLR is better than on he team.

Straight from the bergevin school of asset management...

Assets? Who cares... I can always draft more or throw stupid money at washed up UFAs to replace them.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
but 17 in the last 74, which came after they stopped jerking him around in and out of the lineup, calling him up just as he's putting together a string of good games in the AHL only to send him back to start all over again.

Some posters were saying he wouldn't last with the wings but he looked pretty good, I'd rather have him at 23 and on pace for 21 pts while playing just over 12 minutes with a bad wings team. He'd bring size and a solid PK game to our 4th line and in 19 games he's got more points then DLO/Chaput combined in 33 games.

I’d rather have him as well but just pointing out that he is a career 14 point guy. I like the player and hope he does well

Reactions: montreal

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
20 points is somehting were not going to get from anyone on our fourth line ATM. 20 points is great production for a fourth line player.

A fourth line player on a terrible team who barely get 10 min/game. 9:36 last time. he was down to 8.

Let's go back: PA Parenteau was a 1st line player on a Toronto team that finished dead last. Context matters.

Does DLR really replace anybody in the current lineup, especially when Armia comes back?
really?
Is it the love of fan fiction here or the desperation to be right about something that has people obsess about a borderline 4th line-waiver wire guy who probably won't finish the year in the NHL?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A fourth line player on a terrible team who barely get 10 min/game. 9:36 last time. he was down to 8.

Let's go back: PA Parenteau was a 1st line player on a Toronto team that finished dead last. Context matters.

Does DLR really replace anybody in the current lineup, especially when Armia comes back?
really?
Is it the love of fan fiction here or the desperation to be right about something that has people obsess about a borderline 4th line-waiver wire guy who probably won't finish the year in the NHL?

Stop trolling with your fan fiction theory. You don't hold the truth. Not because you don't think DLR couldn't replace anybody here that it's not the truth. Were you demanding and asking to see Agostino get a shot in the lineup? Or Chaput? Or to keep Deslauriers in the lineup? DLR could replace any of those guys EVEN with Armia in the lineup.

Not that long ago, we had the worst 4th line in the league. Now...they are playing much better. But that doesn't mean it will still be that way. Deslauriers shouldn't play all the games. Maybe not even Chaput. Agostino, right now, deserves his place. But that's so far.

It's all about asset management. Throwing out players like they're some kind of Halloween candies is stupid. You can call it fan fiction all you want. Still, Kristo was traded for Thomas. Beaulieu was traded for a 3rd. But somehow, if traded at the right time, DLR is really worth nothing? Yeah, it's fan fiction to think that once you've shown everybody your prospect sucks, that they'd suddenly want to give you a 1st for him. But it's pro stupidity to come to this point.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Chaput has two assists in nine games, calm down with the pace, there buddy. Pecas hasn't played in three weeks now and Agostinos career high in the NHL is... Three points at 28 years old.

Chill.

Agostino has 7 points in 15 games this season so I guess that's now his new career high.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Straight from the bergevin school of asset management...

Assets? Who cares... I can always draft more or throw stupid money at washed up UFAs to replace them.
Wow a fringe nhler is an asset now huh. Yeah those guys are impossible to find. Dlr lost his spot to peca in preseason and would have no place on the team when healthy.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Wow a fringe nhler is an asset now huh. Yeah those guys are impossible to find. Dlr lost his spot to peca in preseason and would have no place on the team when healthy.

Yes, players assets. Failing to grasp that is quite surprising.

DLR lost it to Peca, a failed UFA signing given greater leash because of the GM, and Pleks, a player released shortly thereafter.

We now I've two AHL players who are less effective than DLR, which epitomizes the failure in talent ID & asset management... Issues that are symptomatic of Bergevin's tenure.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

DLR lost it to Peca, a failed UFA signing given greater leash because of the GM, and Pleks, a player released shortly thereafter.

We now I've two AHL players who are less effective than DLR, which epitomizes the failure in talent ID & asset management... Issues that are symptomatic of Bergevin's tenure.
If you really value fringe nhlers as worthwhile assets, then I dont know what to tell you.

Dlr was awful in preseason and Peca looked great. Someone had to go and Dlr made the most sense. I dont know about you, but I'm not crying myself to sleep because the habs and their 10+million of free cap space right now have Peca signed at 1.3. That's the same Peca who is outscoring DLR despite less ice time.

Peca was signed as a 4th liner, not the next McDavid. And for the millionth time, DLR doesnt crack this roster when healthy. Just because he gets ice time on an awful team like Detroit doesnt mean hes good.

Bergrvin definitely sucks at asset management, but using this as an example and saying that this "epitomizes the failure in talent ID & asset management" is absolutely laughable.

Reactions: Chris Nilan

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Stop trolling with your fan fiction theory. You don't hold the truth. Not because you don't think DLR couldn't replace anybody here that it's not the truth. Were you demanding and asking to see Agostino get a shot in the lineup? Or Chaput? Or to keep Deslauriers in the lineup? DLR could replace any of those guys EVEN with Armia in the lineup.

Not that long ago, we had the worst 4th line in the league. Now...they are playing much better. But that doesn't mean it will still be that way. Deslauriers shouldn't play all the games. Maybe not even Chaput. Agostino, right now, deserves his place. But that's so far.

It's all about asset management. Throwing out players like they're some kind of Halloween candies is stupid. You can call it fan fiction all you want. Still, Kristo was traded for Thomas. Beaulieu was traded for a 3rd. But somehow, if traded at the right time, DLR is really worth nothing? Yeah, it's fan fiction to think that once you've shown everybody your prospect sucks, that they'd suddenly want to give you a 1st for him. But it's pro stupidity to come to this point.

Traded at the right time? This is not the ripeness of champagne grapes, guy. Your comment is the very contingency of why I call it fan fiction.

So, straighten me out. Tell me. What would DLR have gotten in return at the very height of his borderline 4th line powers? Does he get as much as a 7th rdr from Dtw? What date was that? 29th of February last year?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

We lost DLR......big deal.....the guy had zero impact on the Canadiens.....this is so moot

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That’s like saying Schlemko is better than Ouellet.....:eek:
People here just love to complain about anything. "DLR is a 12th forward while Peca is a 13th forward! Absolutely brutal signing by Bergevin. I mean 1.3 million dollars for a fringe player when we only have 10+ million of cap space and nothing to spend it on? Horrible.". It's as if they are the ones giving Peca his 1.3 million.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

He could play 1st line center on our team. Danault and his stats aren’t too far off.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We must be doing good in the standings.....2nd round failure DLR is being microdisected on how he never had the impact, offense or hockey sense to have a Mili ounce of impact on a 28th out of 31 place team that had zero offence, defence and special team skills.....if you can’t crack that lineup as a 22yr old, you are doomed and talentless.

Reactions: Chris Nilan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you really value fringe nhlers as worthwhile assets, then I dont know what to tell you.

Dlr was awful in preseason and Peca looked great. Someone had to go and Dlr made the most sense. I dont know about you, but I'm not crying myself to sleep because the habs and their 10+million of free cap space right now have Peca signed at 1.3. That's the same Peca who is outscoring DLR despite less ice time.

Peca was signed as a 4th liner, not the next McDavid. And for the millionth time, DLR doesnt crack this roster when healthy. Just because he gets ice time on an awful team like Detroit doesnt mean hes good.

Bergrvin definitely sucks at asset management, but using this as an example and saying that this "epitomizes the failure in talent ID & asset management" is absolutely laughable.

It doesn't have to be DLR vs Peca, they should never have brought back Pleks, only to waive him, if they were going to waive him then do it before DLR.

The question for DLR is can he get better and by how much. At 22 after being jerked around since he was 19 by this management and having one of the worst coaches I've ever seen in the AHL, he ends up career highs in games, assists and points. He puts up 12 in 55, on pace for 18. At 23 he's on pace for 21. He looked good at the WC's, would bring size, a good PKer to a small group of forwards.

Perhaps DLR never really finds his way but for a organization that isn't going anywhere any time soon, they should be looking more at youth then players like Pleks, DLO, Schlemko, Benn, etc.. So there's no harm imo to want the Habs to have given the ice to guys like DLR, Scherbak in the hopes that maybe they could put it together after being handled so poorly in the AHL for our future vs having DLO, Schlemko, Chaput, etc.. for if/when we are finally contenders again.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It doesn't have to be DLR vs Peca, they should never have brought back Pleks, only to waive him, if they were going to waive him then do it before DLR.

The question for DLR is can he get better and by how much. At 22 after being jerked around since he was 19 by this management and having one of the worst coaches I've ever seen in the AHL, he ends up career highs in games, assists and points. He puts up 12 in 55, on pace for 18. At 23 he's on pace for 21. He looked good at the WC's, would bring size, a good PKer to a small group of forwards.

Perhaps DLR never really finds his way but for a organization that isn't going anywhere any time soon, they should be looking more at youth then players like Pleks, DLO, Schlemko, Benn, etc.. So there's no harm imo to want the Habs to have given the ice to guys like DLR, Scherbak in the hopes that maybe they could put it together after being handled so poorly in the AHL for our future vs having DLO, Schlemko, Chaput, etc.. for if/when we are finally contenders again.
The team already had way too many forwards at that time and DLR didn't step up imo. I don't see him being anything more than a 4th liner.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The team already had way too many forwards at that time and DLR didn't step up imo. I don't see him being anything more than a 4th liner.

which was a situation created by management, they didn't need to bring in so many forwards while having shit on the blueline.

I never saw DLR as more then a 4th liner and still don't but if he's putting up 20 pts or close to it while being a very good PKer, I'd rather have that then DLO, Chaput, etc..

It's the same with Reilly, I'd play him every night over guys like Schlemko or Benn, what do you have to lose?

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->