Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
At a certain point I stopped believing in DLR...

Scherbak, I think he can make it, it will just take patience and a lot of coaching to improve his 200 foot game...

Hudon, I'm losing hope for. His slow skating really holds him back. It's up to him to improve the strength in his legs. I'll go so far as to say it's unacceptable he isn't stockier. Gallagher was slow when he first came into the league, but he's really lifted a lot of weights and is now a tank. He's a lot faster as a result of having such strong legs.
Give it a couple games and Scherbak will be hurt yet again.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Give it a couple games and Scherbak will be hurt yet again.
Scherbak strikes me as an 18 year old hockey player, mentally and physically, with 22 year old's birth certificate. I still think he will come into maturation mentally and physically, just egregiously later than most.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Unfortunately I've lived in Harewood since '04. :laugh: We moved here when my father got promoted because the cost of living was cheap and there wasn't much crime, but in recent years years the city has been plagued by homelessness, lack of jobs, and lots of property crime, with Harewood being one of the neighbourhoods being hit hardest. I'm considering moving back to Pierrefonds-Roxboro (where I grew up) or Laval when I'm done school. I love Nanaimo but it's turning into a difficult place to live. I don't think I can realistically afford to start a family with the cost of living here.

It’s too bad cause Vancouver Island is gorgeous. Love Comox, Victoria too.

Yeah the whole Island is just awesome. So many beautiful sights to see, so many interesting people to meet.
Now you're making me Island sick. Nanaimo is where I went to Malaspina for a couple of years and got to like it despite the petty crime. (only time I ever got my car stolen was in Scarewood). Is discontent city still up? :laugh:

Then you discover places like Pachena Bay Campground in Bamfield on a full moon off the Ocean, and you can't believe you're still in Canada.
images

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Now you're making me Island sick. Nanaimo is where I went to Malaspina for a couple of years and got to like it despite the petty crime. (only time I ever got my car stolen was in Scarewood). Is discontent city still up? :laugh:

Then you discover places like Pachena Bay Campground in Bamfield on a full moon off the Ocean, and you can't believe you're still in Canada.
images

Discontent City was just shut down but the problem still persists obviously. The previous council turned us into the San Francisco of Canada by making our city the "place to go."

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
watched a little of the wings - kings game to see DLR vs Scherbak. It's the first non Habs NHL game i've watched in years. I thought DLR looked good out there, he had an assist. Scherbak was ok, played more then I thought he would.

DLR with 17 pts in his last 74 games, on pace for 21 pts this year.
You're not telling me that 17/74 or even 21/82 is great, right? that's precisely what a waiver-wire 4th liner would do, but keep telling me about Trevor Timmins.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
well it seems he was invisible last night .. did not watch though but read comments

I watched some of the game, they had him at LW so not the best as he's barely played there as I don't recall him play there much with Everett and they did try him at LW with the IceCaps but it didn't last long. He played a lot more then I thought, had some chances but LA looked like total shit, they made the wings look like a good team.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You're not telling me that 17/74 or even 21/82 is great, right? that's precisely what a waiver-wire 4th liner would do, but keep telling me about Trevor Timmins.
20 points is somehting were not going to get from anyone on our fourth line ATM. 20 points is great production for a fourth line player.

Reactions: Sorinth

Jul 6, 2016
I watched some of the game, they had him at LW so not the best as he's barely played there as I don't recall him play there much with Everett and they did try him at LW with the IceCaps but it didn't last long. He played a lot more then I thought, had some chances but LA looked like total ****, they made the wings look like a good team.

Some LA fan think that the Toffoli-Kempe-Scherbak line was the most entertaining (best) line vs the Wings. 3 former 1st round picks: right ?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
20 points is somehting were not going to get from anyone on our fourth line ATM. 20 points is great production for a fourth line player.
Uhh what? Agostino and Peca say hi. Also Chaput is on pace for a season near 20 points too. Also we will have someone in our top 9 on the 4th line once Armia comes back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Some LA fan think that the Toffoli-Kempe-Scherbak line was the most entertaining (best) line vs the Wings. 3 former 1st round picks: right ?

Toffoli was a 2nd rounder, it was an interesting line that created some chances. I was just shocked at how bad LA looked defensively, the turnovers, sloppy play. No way is that team going anywhere this year so it could be a great spot for Scherbak.

Jul 6, 2016
Toffoli was a 2nd rounder, it was an interesting line that created some chances. I was just shocked at how bad LA looked defensively, the turnovers, sloppy play. No way is that team going anywhere this year so it could be a great spot for Scherbak.

yeah. No pressure and a lot of ice time to learn and get better overall if he wants and can.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Uhh what? Agostino and Peca say hi. Also Chaput is on pace for a season near 20 points too. Also we will have someone in our top 9 on the 4th line once Armia comes back.
Chaput has two assists in nine games, calm down with the pace, there buddy. Pecas hasn't played in three weeks now and Agostinos career high in the NHL is... Three points at 28 years old.

Chill.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah they really are bad.

Caught a few games because I used to worship Kovy but that is not pretty.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

images

Love me some Bamfield, have fished all around there and stayed lots of nights in town. They have a fall dance that all the girls from the marine sciences institute attend, highly recommended

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Chaput has two assists in nine games, calm down with the pace, there buddy. Pecas hasn't played in three weeks now and Agostinos career high in the NHL is... Three points at 28 years old.

Chill.

Agreed, counter is DLR has 24 points in 138 games so I woudln’t be ready to call him a 20 point player

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agreed, counter is DLR has 24 points in 138 games so I woudln’t be ready to call him a 20 point player

but 17 in the last 74, which came after they stopped jerking him around in and out of the lineup, calling him up just as he's putting together a string of good games in the AHL only to send him back to start all over again.

Some posters were saying he wouldn't last with the wings but he looked pretty good, I'd rather have him at 23 and on pace for 21 pts while playing just over 12 minutes with a bad wings team. He'd bring size and a solid PK game to our 4th line and in 19 games he's got more points then DLO/Chaput combined in 33 games.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Chill.
That's not the point. We have 2 guys on pace for 20+ points and Chaput is close to 20 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad