Out of town thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pens Jets great game. Both goalies give up softies. Big two points for Pens.

Still not sold on Hellabuck.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wtf is up with Rantanen ? Did he just leech off some of McDavids talent ? Even McDavid and Draisaitl cannot keep up with MacTanen.

40 points already ? Jesus. Swear last week he was at 26 or something. 9 points in his last four games. 11 in his last 5 for Mackinnon.

Ridiculous. Sakic should move mountains to win now with Mackinnons contract being so cheap.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Wtf is up with Rantanen ? Did he just leech off some of McDavids talent ? Even McDavid and Draisaitl cannot keep up with MacTanen.

40 points already ? Jesus. Swear last week he was at 26 or something. 9 points in his last four games. 11 in his last 5 for Mackinnon.

Ridiculous. Sakic should move mountains to win now with Mackinnons contract being so cheap.
Wonder what Sakic could get for Ottawa’s first. They need secondary scoring upfront that’s for sure.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

That's real synergy there.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wonder what Sakic could get for Ottawa’s first. They need secondary scoring upfront that’s for sure.

Ottawa's first shouldn't be touched, IMO. It's their key to another elite player... Theyre not going to get better value, IMO, by trading it away.

IMO, Jost is where the value is at. He's not developping proeprly right now, and they don't really need him. Swapping him for an older player would be great. Who's looking for a young 20 year old C and has time to develop him though ? Thats another question.

Bowers is another one I'd try to sell. He'd bring back a good bit, IMO.

Something around Jost/Bowers+Picks or something for Zibanejad in NY, maybe Simmonds in Philly ?

Scherback would be a great addition to their team, and so would Sprong. Two great buy low moves that could pan out.

Reactions: groovejuice

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd honestly offersheet Nylander if I was Sakic. Who cares if I piss off Dubas? I'm trying to win while I have Mackinnon locked up at a steal of a contract.
+ they still have Ottawas pick, yeah, thats a great move, imo.

I have a hard time offersheeting a guy like Nylander though, he's going to want money, money I'm not sure he's really worth AND he's going to cost you picks ?

Maybe I'd rather try for Panarin or Stone.

Doesn't fix their 2C spot though.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
+ they still have Ottawas pick, yeah, thats a great move, imo.

I have a hard time offersheeting a guy like Nylander though, he's going to want money, money I'm not sure he's really worth AND he's going to cost you picks ?

Maybe I'd rather try for Panarin or Stone.

Doesn't fix their 2C spot though.
Yup, Ottawas pick can solve their 2C spot for decade+ as well.

Right now, I would seriously look at winning if I'm the Avs. I'd offersheet Nylander and I can always trade Landeskog for good assets if Panarin or Stone want to sign with the Avs. The picks won't mean much if they are going far. Leafs would want Timmins+ for sure if you aren't offersheeting him.

They don't have to worry about Rantanen because they can easily unload Soderberg, Wilson, and Calvert. Also they can unload Johnson if Makar, Timmins and Barrie set up the RHD next year. The Avs are in a real good spot right now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yup, Ottawas pick can solve their 2C spot for decade+ as well.

Right now, I would seriously look at winning if I'm the Avs. I'd offersheet Nylander and I can always trade Landeskog for good assets if Panarin or Stone want to sign with the Avs. The picks won't mean much if they are going far. Leafs would want Timmins+ for sure if you aren't offersheeting him.

They don't have to worry about Rantanen because they can easily unload Soderberg, Wilson, and Calvert. Also they can unload Johnson if Makar, Timmins and Barrie set up the RHD next year. The Avs are in a real good spot right now.
Unloading Landeskog would be a bad move iMO. A first line W that does all he does for under 6m? Thats crazy value.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
To replace him for Stone or Panarin? Why not? Those guys are much better.
I guess it depends what you actually mean by much better.

It also means your breaking up the best line in hockey, trading away the captain, and the best defensive forward on the team.

Most Avs fans think their first line is untouchable. Theyre right imo.

What they need is to shop Jost for a goalscoring D or a 2nd line winger.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I guess it depends what you actually mean by much better.

It also means your breaking up the best line in hockey, trading away the captain, and the best defensive forward on the team.

Most Avs fans think their first line is untouchable. Theyre right imo.

What they need is to shop Jost for a goalscoring D or a 2nd line winger.
Mark Stone is a defensive monster. I also don't see how either of Stone or Panarin break up the Mack-Rantanen combo. Those guys are quite easily better than Landeskog imo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Mark Stone is a defensive monster. I also don't see how either of Stone or Panarin break up the Mack-Rantanen combo. Those guys are quite easily better than Landeskog imo.
Landeskog plays on the same unit. At ES and on the PP.

Breaking the most productive line in the NHL over the last 100 games seems farfetched. Landeskog is not Danault, hes a first liner.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Landeskog plays on the same unit. At ES and on the PP.

Breaking the most productive line in the NHL over the last 100 games seems farfetched. Landeskog is not Danault, hes a first liner.
Panarin and Stone are both quite easily better than Landeskog. I'm talking about trading Landeskog for cap reasons if a better player in Stone/Panarin would sign with the Avs.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad