Out of town thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think you guys are forcing it. If anything, it seems more like Max was telling him not to get too excited because there will be plenty, he's a goal scorer.

You guys make it sound like the quote was "Max told me to act like a grinder who is lucky to get a goal, so that's what I did."
That's your interpretation.

Y'know, that's the same team that asked PK and Price to stop their celebrations...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
That's your interpretation.

Y'know, that's the same team that asked PK and Price to stop their celebrations...

Didn't Subban win a Norris after and Price a hart and Vezina?

Not that I think that's the reason(I don't) but see how it didn't damage them in the slightest?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Didn't Subban win a Norris after and Price a hart and Vezina?

Not that I think that's the reason(I don't) but see how it didn't damage them in the slightest?
I never said it damaged him? Don't create a strawman

You're arguing something else here. All I said is that it was petty and showed he felt threatened by a newcomer who could also score goals

And PK had his Norris before stopping the celebrations, fwiw

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

You're arguing something else here. All I said is that it was petty and showed he felt threatened by a newcomer who could also score goals

As you said:

"That's your interpretation."

Oddly enough, I actually looked at what Max said "act like a goal scorer" which means he feels Galchenyuk can score goals. That was subjective apparently.

You saying Max was petty and felt threatened is far more subjective than anything I said...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As you said:

"That's your interpretation."

Oddly enough, I actually looked at what Max said "act like a goal scorer" which means he feels Galchenyuk can score goals. That was subjective apparently.

You saying Max was petty and felt threatened is far more subjective than anything I said...

I never liked how Max acted as a goal scorer particularly when he wasn't scoring or doing anything else.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Nope, therrien stopped the celebration right after pk came back from his first contract dispute, the year he won.

Not that it's relevant

February 2013

There will be no more triple low-five from P.K. Subban and Carey Price

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's natural to get excited about a player who has far exceeded general expectations a quarter into the season.

On the flip side, I don't think the vast majority of people are claiming him to score 80 points. Maybe they are out there but I don't think it reperents the fanbase.

I would have been happy with 50 coming into the season, especially with making the transition to centre.

Difference between being excited though and speaking in definitive tone.
I mean, read poeple talk about Domi, it's not about how he's gonna be a 50pt guy. I think most people here would be disappointed if he ends with 50ish pts this season.
Domi has been exciting, no doubt, hopefully he keeps up his pace, but as I said, it's anything but a certainty.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I agree it was petty...not sure Max felt threatened though. I think it's just a mindset. Don Cherry use to say it too when he discussed celebrations.
As I said, I think it's petty and stupid, let the guy celebrate however the hell he wants. Wouldn't go as far as to say Max felt threatened though.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I agree it was petty...not sure Max felt threatened though. I think it's just a mindset. Don Cherry use to say it too when he discussed celebrations.
As I said, I think it's petty and stupid, let the guy celebrate however the hell he wants. Wouldn't go as far as to say Max felt threatened though.

Just the feeling I get from the personality i see

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Loved Cherry as a kid. But he’s a dinosaur. Nothing he says about the current culture of the game can be taken serious. He’ll always back track to when he was a coach 40 years ago.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Bold: Why is that such a big deal?

Body language and keeping your emotions in check is very important to not get too high or low.

The fact you say Max did a 'real piece of **** thing' by trying to keep Galchenyuk's highs and lows in check and showing maturity then say you wish management tried to connect with a kid who went on highs and lows and into addiction...

It's confusing. You can't play both sides there. I mean...I'm sure you can force it and invent something but you blame Max for helping Galchenyuk learn to be a pro then complain management didn't help galchenyuk grow into a pro.

Whatever. I hope Galchenyuk has moved passed any bad behaviors he may or may not have had and leads a healthy and successful career.

Your whole post is nonsense.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Difference between being excited though and speaking in definitive tone.
I mean, read poeple talk about Domi, it's not about how he's gonna be a 50pt guy. I think most people here would be disappointed if he ends with 50ish pts this season.
Domi has been exciting, no doubt, hopefully he keeps up his pace, but as I said, it's anything but a certainty.

Nothing is a certainty, but that's the world of pro sports. It's all about what have you done for me lately from the lens of the fans and it always has been.

When he has a tough 10 game stretch, opinions will swing too far the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad