Out of town thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Is it possible after only 20 games or so head coach Tocchet and the 3 Coyotes fans on the planet have already come to the conclusion that golden boy is not a center lolol. I don't get it..don't they listen when Bergevin speaks :dunno:

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Wtf is up with Rantanen ? Did he just leech off some of McDavids talent ? Even McDavid and Draisaitl cannot keep up with MacTanen.

40 points already ? Jesus. Swear last week he was at 26 or something. 9 points in his last four games. 11 in his last 5 for Mackinnon.

Ridiculous. Sakic should move mountains to win now with Mackinnons contract being so cheap.

Any chance they'd trade that Ottawa pick for Weber!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No, their RD is stacked with Johnson and Barrie. They need a 1st pair LD.

Obviously, they could try and upgrade on Johnson... but Id say theres some diminish return on that one.
And Makar and Timmins. Defense is looking good for the Avs.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
No, their RD is stacked with Johnson and Barrie. They need a 1st pair LD.

Obviously, they could try and upgrade on Johnson... but Id say theres some diminish return on that one.

That was more what I was thinking. Use Johnson to get a winger.

Weber's shot with the Avs first line would be deadly

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That was more what I was thinking. Use Johnson to get a winger.

Weber's shot with the Avs first line would be deadly
Barrie is one of the better offensive RD in the league though... really not sure its necessary.

If anything, they could try and grab Tatar from the Habs.

Id really look at a RW that can carry his line to compliment Jost and Kerfoot though.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Barrie is one of the better offensive RD in the league though... really not sure its necessary.

Id really look at a RW that can carry his line to compliment Jost and Kerfoot though.

A PP is better run with two same sided shots on the point and Barrie isn't that good.

It's the same effect as for Letang playing with Malkin and Crosby or Hedman with Kuch and Stammer.

A guy like Weber is much better overall than both their first D.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Mark Stone would be the guy Colorado should go for. Something around Colorado 2019 1st, Ottawa 2019 3rd and projects.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Stone would be a great addition for sure, but hes gonna ask for 10M im sure.
Maybe, but Colorado should have north of 35 mil in cap space next year, they could sign guys to bridge deals, MacKinnon and Landeskog signed to great contracts. Colorado also keeps Ottawa's 2019 1st. They need to add an elite forward for their 2nd line and Stone would be my guy. They lucked out on the Duchene trade and should take full advantage of it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Meh, it would be like the Habs trying to upgrade on Petry. Its useless IMO.

Thing is though, top pairing Lds seem to be an even more rare commodity lately, so i dont know if they can upgrade on that.

You kidding me, right? It's like saying having Weber with Subban wouldn't make a difference over having Weber and Petry. come on

IMO, you're wrong

You were talking about win now. Then you need to bolster as much as you need to fill needs. Neither Johnson nor Barrie are bonafided #1ds. It's one of their most pressing needs, and yes ideally on the left side.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe, but Colorado should have north of 35 mil in cap space next year, they could sign guys to bridge deals, MacKinnon and Landeskog signed to great contracts. Colorado also keeps Ottawa's 2019 1st. They need to add an elite forward for their 2nd line and Stone would be my guy. They lucked out on the Duchene trade and should take full advantage of it.
Don't disagree, but at the same time, I doubt the Sens would take such a deal... It's all about maximizing your worth as a team. Stone clearly helps them there.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You kidding me, right? It's like saying having Weber with Subban wouldn't make a difference over having Weber and Petry. come on

IMO, you're wrong

You were talking about win now. Then you need to bolster as much as you need to fill needs. Neither Johnson nor Barrie are bonafided #1ds. It's one of their most pressing needs, and yes ideally on the left side.
Johnson is a second pair D, Barrie is a number two on a good team, I agree... But similar players can be added on the left side to make that team even better, that way youre not playing Cole or Zadorov 20+ minutes a night. I care alot less for defense than offense too, the Avs defense isn't too far off what it needs to be to win a championship, imo. Looking at the last three championship teams.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Galchenyuk's hockey IQ has not always been in question. That is something that people started to discuss later on.
It has always been in question for me, and many others. The kid is as dumb as a bag of rocks. In addition to his skating issues, lack of work ethic, poor defensive play - he never was a center, not even in Sarnia. Habs fans just badly wanted him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad