Out of town thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Arizona is horrible. 3 SH goals against lol
Get this. I win my pool this week if Raanta allows under 7 goals in that game and finishes the game. No problem right? WRONG. He allows the fifth 1 minute into the third, obviously struggling. I'm screaming at my computer to pull him. THEY DON'T PULL HIM. I would have won if they did. A minute later they score a sixth on him. THEN THEY PULL HIM. So he has no chance to recover his GAA the rest of the game. I lose GAA to my opponent 3.01 to 3.14. Started the game at 2.2 GAA to 3.14. Unluckiest goalie day I've ever had. 3 shorties against too. Raanta is still hurting I think. Sorry for the 'Raanta' but had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Arizona is a mess again this year, by far the worst team in the league and their prospects bank is pretty meh to say the least, personally I cant see that franchise ever succeed unless they draft some top end prospects in some successive years...

They've been pretty crappy, but haven't had a lot of high picks. The one they had, #3 in 2015, they picked Dylan Strome. Ouch. That one is going to haunt them for a long time.

Keller was picked at #7, but after that no other top 10 picks. I think Perlini was drafted 10th.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
They've been pretty crappy, but haven't had a lot of high picks. The one they had, #3 in 2015, they picked Dylan Strome. Ouch. That one is going to haunt them for a long time.

Keller was picked at #7, but after that no other top 10 picks. I think Perlini was drafted 10th.
Hayton was taken 5th overall.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Only a year ago and not on the roster. They need to win a lottery.
God no.....they’ve been atrocious forever and can’t put a winning team together after 20yrs in the league......have they ever seen the 2nd round??

It’s pathetic that I’m even asking the question.....Coyotes are pathetic

They don’t deserve a top pick, that player will go die there

Reactions: mariolemieux66

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
God no.....they’ve been atrocious forever and can’t put a winning team together after 20yrs in the league......have they ever seen the 2nd round??

They are, but they also never won a lottery. Buffalo got Dahlin & Eichel that's a pretty good base for a top team. Leafs became good when they drafted Matthews.

Also, just realised they made a trade over night. Nick Schmaltz from Chicago for Strome & Perlini from Arizona. That's an interesting one.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

They have been to the Western Conference Finals once. The only time they got past the first round AFAIR.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Yup. Awful franchise. Shouldn't exist.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Wow...surprising a bit, thought they'd make a move or fire the coach before canning Hextall.
They looked like they were pointed in the right direction to me last season.

According to the statement by Paul Holmgren there were `philosophical différences`about the direction of the team.

Agree about making a coaching change first but someone wanted Hextall out to fire him at this time, during the season.

Reactions: 417

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Other teams fire GMs whenever it suits them, in Montreal the fans and media make every excuse for why a total failure of a GM shouldn't be fired yesterday.

It's midway through a season, you can't fire a coach now!

It's only been six years, you can't fire the GM!

But the team is on a hot streak, you can't fire him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad