Out of town thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Let me understand this-
Arizona trades their first round picks from 2014 and 2015 for Chicago’s first round pick from 2015?
Damn Arizona has themselves a mini Bergevin as GM

Reactions: PaulD and Zorba

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Dailyfaceoff has Galchenyuk moved to the wing from todays matinal practice...

Team Line Combinations
No!!!!
Galchenyuk at wing?? Say it ain’t so
That experiment didn’t last long. Lol
He’s a winger. He could be a decent 20-25 pt winger
He’s doesn’t have the tool box to be a centre
This debate should be officially closed now
3 coaches have deemed him unworthy of being a centre

Reactions: Goldenhands

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Let me understand this-
Arizona trades their first round picks from 2014 and 2015 for Chicago’s first round pick from 2015?
Damn Arizona has themselves a mini Bergevin as GM
At least that GM cuts guys he thinks will bust when they're still prospects at 21 and not proven failures at 23-24, and targets the right position.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No!!!!
Galchenyuk at wing?? Say it ain’t so
That experiment didn’t last long. Lol
He’s a winger. He could be a decent 20-25 pt winger
He’s doesn’t have the tool box to be a centre
This debate should be officially closed now
3 coaches have deemed him unworthy of being a centre

Wait, you didn't even take the time to look at their roster before commenting stupid crap, right ?

They acquired a center, a center that is on a similar level to Galchenyuk.

They have ONE good winger.

Color me surprised, they moved the guy that can play wing to wing, and are using the center that can play center but not wing, at center.

That's amazing, it's the same thing as what the Habs from 2012 to 2018. Except, it's the opposite, they made the right move.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Imagine after EVERYTHING that was said after the Galchenyuk/Domi trade this summer was done...

That Max Domi ends up sticking @ C and Galchenyuk ends up moving to wing...

You mean after playing 5-6 years on the wing....Galch is best suited for the wing.
Mind. Blown.

I can't attest much to discussions post trade about how Galch would do in Arizona. They have a terrible team. Hard to believe any player can perform well there. I was disappointed we were getting Domi though, and if we are honest, nobody here knew he'd be as good as he has been.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Wait, you didn't even take the time to look at their roster before commenting stupid crap, right ?

Color me surprised, they moved the guy that can play wing to wing, and are using the center that can play center but not wing, at center.

That's amazing, it's the same thing as what the Habs from 2012 to 2018. Except, it's the opposite, they made the right move.
Do you think their need to go out and get a center (Schmaltz) stems from the fact the player they got to play center this past summer (Galchenyuk), isn't quite cutting it at center?

Is there enough evidence to perhaps concede that all of these coaches maybe are right?

Just asking

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You mean after playing 5-6 years on the wing....Galch is best suited for the wing.
Mind. Blown.
I don't know...

That hasn't seem to hinder Domi..

I can't attest much to discussions post trade about how Galch would do in Arizona. They have a terrible team. Hard to believe any player can perform well there. I was disappointed we were getting Domi though, and if we are honest, nobody here knew he'd be as good as he has been.
Be that as it may...

Maybe it's time to recognize that he doesn't have the instincts to play the position.

Maybe how they developed him affected that, then again, some of his coaches thought he was a winger before he ever played with the Habs (Jacques Beaulieu, Phil Housley).

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Talking about stupid crap, Schmaltz was mostly used on the wing for the Hawks cause of poor defensive work... If the Yotes play Schmaltz down the middle over Galch, it says alot about Galchenyuk's inability to play that position, something most of us already knew except you apparently...

Reactions: Zorba

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't know...

That hasn't seem to hinder Domi..
1- Domi has been in the league 3 years.
2- Not every player is equal.

Be that as it may...

Maybe it's time to recognize that he doesn't have the instincts to play the position.

Maybe how they developed him affected that, then again, some of his coaches thought he was a winger before he ever played with the Habs (Jacques Beaulieu, Phil Housley).
Maybe this, maybe that. It's irrelevant at this point.
Not every player or situation are equals. I care only about the Habs and what they did.
Given our situation when he was drafted and the years that followed. It was incredibly moronic not to use him at center. Failing to be a center in Arizona won't change any of that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Talking about stupid crap, Schmaltz was mostly used on the wing for the Hawks cause of poor defensive work... If the Yotes play Schmaltz down the middle over Galch, it says alot about Galchenyuk's inability to play that position, something most of us already knew except you apparently...
We used Drouin at center and he was horrible. Looked worse than Galch ever did playing center.
I wished people stop using this ''appeal to authority'' as an argument, it's so easily disproven.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
1- Domi has been in the league 3 years.
2- Not every player is equal.
1. 3yrs or 5yrs...that's a lot of time to have lapsed either way.

2. Not every player can play center effectively, there's more and more evidence that Galchenyuk can't. At a certain point you can't always blame it on coaches, multiple coaches, or management.

Maybe this, maybe that. It's irrelevant at this point.
Not every player or situation are equals. I care only about the Habs and what they did.
Given our situation when he was drafted and the years that followed. It was incredibly moronic not to use him at center. Failing to be a center in Arizona won't change any of that.
Well its not really moronic if he can't play the position, and it appears Tocchet is another in the long line of coaches who have come to this same realization. Then it was justified.

That's a truth we might have to reconcile with, as much as we don't want too.

Note, up until last year, I was steadfast about him being a center and that the Habs messed him up by not coaching him up at that position.

But I've personally come off that...last year, there were times he couldn't even fulfill very simple assignments as a winger....that really opened my eyes.

Although to his credit, he did improve as the season wore on.

But I've watched him a bit in Arizona, also been lurking their board and it's clear that he's not unanimous at that position.

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Lol ok man
Chayka said after the trade that Galchenyuk was gonna play centre. It lasted 15 games. 15!!!!!
They realized what bozo Therien and Foolien knew all along, hes not a centre

Lol stupid crap. Hilarious. You Can’t handle it that you were wrong about your boy Galchy
He’s not a centre. 2 organizations and 3 coaches later ...
Lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Schmaltz hasn't played wing because of defensive ability... Look at their roster :laugh: Jesus.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol ok man
Chayka said after the trade that Galchenyuk was gonna play centre. It lasted 15 games. 15!!!!!
They realized what bozo Therien and Foolien knew all along, hes not a centre

Lol stupid crap. Hilarious. You Can’t handle it that you were wrong about your boy Galchy
He’s not a centre. 2 organizations and 3 coaches later ...
Lol
I was wrong about Galchenyuk ? Says who? He's produced at a 50+ point clip at center since being swapped there, just like he always does.

I already said it wouldn't last with Tocchet behind the net, hes more of the same when it comes to coaching

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I was wrong about Galchenyuk ? Says who? He's produced at a 50+ point clip at center since being swapped there, just like he always does.

I already said it wouldn't last with Tocchet behind the net, hes more of the same when it comes to coaching
Oh so it’s Tochett now. It was Therien and Julien before
So Galchenyuk gets the benefit of the doubt over these coaches
That’s just ridiculous
Galchenyuk is not a centre. Yes you were wrong not the 3 coaches and 2 organizations

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh so it’s Tochett now. It was Therien and Julien before
So Galchenyuk gets the benefit of the doubt over these coaches
That’s just ridiculous
Galchenyuk is not a centre. Yes you were wrong not the 3 coaches and 2 organizations
Same coaches who've used Desharnais as 1c, same coaches who keep using Benn on the first pair, same organisation that thought Alzner was a good signing at 5m a year, same organisation that has won two series in 25 years, I could go on.

Appeal to autorithy doesn't work at all here.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Same coaches who've used Desharnais as 1c, same coaches who keep using Benn on the first pair, same organisation that thought Alzner was a good signing at 5m a year, same organisation that has won two series in 25 years, I could go on.

Appeal to autorithy doesn't work at all here.
So you know more than, Therien, Julien and Rick Tochett.
There’s no point in arguing with you. But I’ll take those guys words over yours about players and position 365 days a year

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
1. 3yrs or 5yrs...that's a lot of time to have lapsed either way.

2. Not every player can play center effectively, there's more and more evidence that Galchenyuk can't. At a certain point you can't always blame it on coaches, multiple coaches, or management.
1- It's not 5, it's 6, that's double the time Domi spent here. So yes, it's way more difficult to change your game in your 7th year vs your 4th. Also interesting to point out Shaw has been taken a lot more draws lately.
2- Again. I don't care what is currently going on. I have not watched any of Galchenyuk's game this year and I suspect 99% of the people here who love to say ''see! Galch ain't no center!'' have barely seen any of his games, if any at all actually.
Who watches Arizona?????? Like...for real?
3- Sure, can't blame the coaches. You also cannot tell me with a straight face that Paul Byron is a better option at center than Galchenyuk....and yet...we did that. So at some point, you also can't keep ignoring the incredibly weird and bizarre decisions that were taken.

Well its not really moronic if he can't play the position, and it appears Tocchet is another in the long line of coaches who have come to this same realization. Then it was justified.

That's a truth we might have to reconcile with, as much as we don't want too.

Note, up until last year, I was steadfast about him being a center and that the Habs messed him up by not coaching him up at that position.

But I've personally come off that...last year, there were times he couldn't even fulfill very simple assignments as a winger....that really opened my eyes.

Although to his credit, he did improve as the season wore on.

But I've watched him a bit in Arizona, also been lurking their board and it's clear that he's not unanimous at that position.

Sure, it's not moronic for Tocchet to use him as a winger. It was moronic for Therrien to do so though, and stick with DD, but that's over and done with.

You watched him a bit in Arizona?? Define ''a bit''? As if you even watched 5 coyotes game...Don't BS me man...come on now...
In any event, again, I care very little about what's going on there. It's pointless. Not exactly surprising to see a player struggle to play at center when he was used as a winger for most of his career...
It doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake early in his career.

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad