Out of town thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Watched Greg Pateryn playing today for Minnesota. They mentioned how steady he is. I still think Benn was a huge downgrade.

Galchenyuk scores his 3rd against the Caps.

Don't think prime time Benn is a downgrade over Prime time Pateryn. But Pateryn is in his prime while the other one is past his prime. Would definitely take Pateryn over Benn today.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Scheiflie 15 points in last 9 games. Pasternac leads NHL in goals with 15. Mackinnon tearing up the league .

Nylander sits at home wanting to be paid like these guys. I mean you can always ask ....... but no one is surprised he aint getting it. 6 for 6 and he would be playing right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
Watched Greg Pateryn playing today for Minnesota. They mentioned how steady he is. I still think Benn was a huge downgrade.

Galchenyuk scores his 3rd against the Caps.

Let's have a parade !

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Beast mode shift from Galchenyuk leads to the winner. Did not see this result coming at all, very impressive road win.

That may be the win that jump starts the team. Great game for Galchenyuk, great game for Strome and great game for Panik. Nice tight defense against the Caps, of all teams! Kuemper was great in net. As to the question about why Kuemper finds himself out of position so much, I think that he has such a strong post to post push that he can't stop himself after stopping the shot and just slides another 6 inches to 1 foot, enough to make him scramble back into good position.

For these Galchenyuk comments... "An EN assist and a PP goal".

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
For these Galchenyuk comments... "A EN assist and a PP goal".

I wrote that. I'm not denying that he's had a good game, I just don't think the game-to-game analysis is that interesting. As a counterexample, a few posters here were exuberant over Galchenyuk playing two mediocre games in a row. That is just as silly.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wrote that. I'm not denying that he's had a good game, I just don't think the game-to-game analysis is that interesting. As a counterexample, a few posters here were exuberant over Galchenyuk playing two mediocre games in a row. That is just as silly.
Just adding to the comments so that the easily convincend, aren't.

Reactions: DAChampion

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sorry, didn't mean to quote your name :laugh:

All you have to do is press quote and add the quote in the same way you would do in any other thread, use the add quote option.

Thank you for stoping by, and I agree with you on every thing that you said.
You're welcome. I edited my my post as I wasn't sure how welcome it would be on your board. Best of luck this year. Kick Toronto in the teeth for me while you're at it.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hey man I was just commenting on some out of town stuff...why even comment if you have nothing to add? I am not trying to get into an argument here, just curious as to why you don’t just glaze over the comment instead of making a ridiculous post?
Pasternac scores league leading 16th goal.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Scheiflie 15 points in last 9 games. Pasternac leads NHL in goals with 15. Mackinnon tearing up the league .

Nylander sits at home wanting to be paid like these guys. I mean you can always ask ....... but no one is surprised he aint getting it. 6 for 6 and he would be playing right now.
Imagine being unsatisfied with a 6 million salary to play the game of hockey.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If he's worth more, he's worth more. Imagine being pressured to take 10-15% less than your worth.

If he was worth more he would be playing for it. The leafs did not draft, develop , pay him, put him on the first line to ...then pull the rug out.

61 point season. Play off no show? 6 mill a year. Sounds like exactly what he "is worth"

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If he was worth more he would be playing for it. The leafs did not draft, develop , pay him, put him on the first line to ...then pull the rug out.

61 point season. Play off no show? 6 mill a year. Sounds like exactly what he "is worth"
Isn't he a good two way player and extremely skilled? He's clearly banking on himself.

I'd rather him at 8 than Shaw and Alzner.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Isn't he a good two way player and extremely skilled? He's clearly banking on himself.

I'd rather him at 8 than Shaw and Alzner.
Yea but Ide rather have Guy Lafleur (now) than Shaw and Alzner. :D

He is banking on him self.........and at the same time asking the salary cap team to bank on him too. Apparently the answer is no.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad