HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Playoffs Edition part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
One would think he would understand why an NBA player may get more than an NHL or WNBA player? Has Bedard played a game yet? What if Yakupov got that enormous contract? He's such a douche
The basketball phenom he's referring to, Wembanyama, hasn't played a game yet either.

Reactions: Gravity

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The basketball phenom he's referring to, Wembanyama, hasn't played a game yet either.

The financial dynamics are 100x greater of the NHL, they can literally lose 45 million and not skip a beat, unlike the NHL.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
The financial dynamics are 100x greater of the NHL, they can literally lose 45 million and not skip a beat, unlike the NHL.
I know that. It's apples and oranges between NBA and NHL. I was just commenting on your rationale about Bedard never having played a game.

Reactions: Habs

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
With that trade, Nashville only has 2 forwards over 3M$: Forsberg and Duchene at 8M$ each.
.. and only 2 above 1M$: Colton Sissons and Yakov Trenin.

:laugh:
Nashville has really gone downhill.

They made the finals in 2016. Would have probably won if Johansen hadn't been injured.

The Subban started declining. They got out of it splendidly, gave up his entire salary for draft picks (!!), and used the money to sign Duchene.

But now they're crap. Oh well.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Rumors are Boston is trying for Schiefele at 50% retained, and would move a goalie (Swayman), and a D, probably Fredric too.
Oh...what that would do for our rivalry with the Habs facing Scheifele several more times in a season!!

I wonder if PLD and Scheifele got along.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Hughes better have something lined up because Durzi for a 2nd should be an easy yes for Montreal.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Interesting. Lots of people had Durzi going to the Jets in the package return for PLD. This save only a little bit of cap space for LA thought.

I'm going to guess that multiple teams made an offer, but LA is counting on the Habs to be crap next year again so they took that one from Arizona.

Reactions: LaP and red devil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad