HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Playoffs Edition part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
So we have Lindholm, Hanifin, Backlund, and now Toffoli not wanting to re-sign in Calgary.

Craig Conroy must be thinking wat in da name of jesus have I got myself into here. :)
He must think he's in Winnipeg.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
NBA draft tonight

2023-nba-draft.jpg
This looks like those old pictures of Andre The Giant standing next to average height people.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If Florida pulls a Washington this season and finishes bottom 10, we get Calgary's 2025 pick with only #1 OA protection. Florida doesn't need to be bad 2 consecutive years. Just next year.

That way Philadelphia doesn't receive Florida's 2024 1st as it's top 10 protected. They will get 2025. Calgary 2026.

It's on the left side of the flow chart, where it asks: "does Calgary receive Florida's 2025 1st?" With a NO answer.
I think that pic is incomplete. I seem to remember a condition with Philly but it's not referenced on there

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think that pic is incomplete. I seem to remember a condition with Philly but it's not referenced on there

Yeah, Philadelphia is involved due to them holding Florida's 2024 1st round pick, but it is top 10 protected.

Florida surrendered their 2024 1st to Philadelphia in Giroux trade then gave up 2025 1st to Calgary in Tkachuk trade.

But, if Philadelphia doesn't get that 2024 pick due to the top 10 protection then they get Florida's 2025 1st, Calgary gets Florida's 2026 1st.

There's scenarios in our trade with Calgary that pertains to Calgary having both picks (their own & Florida's) in 2025, and just having their own.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Florida would have to finish bottom 10 next year for us to outright get Calgary's pick in 2025.
Aren't Ekblad and Montour supposed to miss significant time? Good grief. I could spend my evenings watching Panthers games again next winter and rooting agains them.

Looks unlikely Calgary's pick will be 20+ next year. So we will need Florida and Calgary to suck in 2025.

View attachment 720050
That chart is insane!

So we have Lindholm, Hanifin, Backlund, and now Toffoli not wanting to re-sign in Calgary.

Craig Conroy must be thinking wat in da name of jesus have I got myself into here. :)
I feel terrible for the Flames new GM and coach. Awful that all those players gave Sutter ultimatums in their exit interviews, got their way and now still want out.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
2023 NBA draft fact

Yes, 5th ranked prospect can slide. Cam Whitemore can tell you.

Some experts said that it could be a tough choice between Whitmore and Amen Thompson at rank 4. Houston Rockets got both fellas tonight with 4 (Amen) and 20(Cam).

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Aren't Ekblad and Montour supposed to miss significant time? Good grief. I could spend my evenings watching Panthers games again next winter and rooting agains them.

Yup, we could wind up in a position where we need to cheer against the Florida Panthers AGAIN this year. Oh boy ... lol

Ekblad has a broken foot, which should heal, and will have shoulder surgery which will see him miss some time at beginning of season. No ETA on him. Shoulder surgery can be anywhere from 3-8 months depending on the type of surgery.

Montour also has a shoulder injury and is expected to be out 3 months. He should be ready around opening day, or just after.

We'll see where they are at All Star Break.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Cause they traded a guy and he went to the SCF. This dumb fool will now handle the Leafs.
I maintain that Treliving got a great haul for free agent Tkachuk who wanted out. 2nd best forward of last year after Mcjesus, a top-3 D and some goodies. The players he got regressed and sucked, but at the time, before we knew Huby and Weegar would fall apart, the trade was pretty fair.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If i am Conroy ,I am happy these players
made it very easy for him. He now can put his
own stamp on the Flames, and not lose
any of them to UFA , like Treliving did with Johnny.
The problem is that he can't rebuild as he's stuck with Huberdeau, Kadri, and Weegar for the next decade!

He's f***ed TBH...

I maintain that Treliving got a great haul for free agent Tkachuk who wanted out. 2nd best forward of last year after Mcjesus, a top-3 D and some goodies. The players he got regressed and sucked, but at the time, before we knew Huby and Weegar would fall apart, the trade was pretty fair.
The trade was great, the extensions were brutal.

Reactions: Toene

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Well I mean my issue is that he put himself in that risky position with Tkachuk and Gaudreau in the first place. Then yea we can say he thought on his feet quickly but you cannot just bring a bunch of big pieces and think they are gonna fit in your line-up, in your team chemistry. That's not how it works. It's like he was a kid playing GM.

For years I thought the Flames were overrated and Tkachuk put them on his back. When they had the whole issue with these two players, they should have gone full rebuild.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Well I mean my issue is that he put himself in that risky position with Tkachuk and Gaudreau in the first place. Then yea we can say he thought on his feet quickly but you cannot just bring a bunch of big pieces and think they are gonna fit in your line-up, in your team chemistry. That's not how it works. It's like he was a kid playing GM.

For years I thought the Flames were overrated and Tkachuk put them on his back. When they had the whole issue with these two players, they should have gone full rebuild.
This makes no sense as Gaudreau and Tkachuk were their rebuild going to fruition!

Reactions: Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad