HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Playoffs Edition part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
hey all

I seen a tweet or something like that where Yvan Cournoyer commented on the bruins lost.
he said somehting like " difference between the 76-77 habs and the bruins season record, is that the habs won the cup"

any of you know where I could find that quote??

Reactions: wikiwa and BLONG7

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Friendly reminder the Habs must have 15m in cap space when Leon becomes a free agent in 2 years.

Reactions: ZUKI

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Wont say i have seen every playoff game but in general, found these playoffs underwhelming so far

McDavid and Drai are worth watching any night but wish there was more hate and storylines. Been some good games but just wish it was more intense

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
hey all

I seen a tweet or something like that where Yvan Cournoyer commented on the bruins lost.
he said somehting like " difference between the 76-77 habs and the bruins season record, is that the habs won the cup"

Saw it here in French:

Filosa says that Cournoyer told him that if this season’s Bruins want to compare themselves to the Habs of his time, they need to go all the way.

Don’t know who else he told but there’s probably an English language source — I couldn’t locate one.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Saw it here in French:

Filosa says that Cournoyer told him that if this season’s Bruins want to compare themselves to the Habs of his time, they need to go all the way.

Don’t know who else he told but there’s probably an English language source — I couldn’t locate one.

THANKS and that is funny

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Saw it here in French:

...hehehe, awesome...watching the Bruins choke is almost as enjoyable as watching the Laffs do it...pity it's probably the last we'll see of Bergeron, though; I gotta admit watching him play the game the right way for all these years has been a treat...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wont say i have seen every playoff game but in general, found these playoffs underwhelming so far

McDavid and Drai are worth watching any night but wish there was more hate and storylines. Been some good games but just wish it was more intense

Yeah, these playoffs have seemed to be just an extension of the regular season. There is a general lack of intensity & drama. Most of the crowds are boring too.

There's more crowd noise at a Montreal game with a shit team than at majority of these places.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
hey all

Love the road runner...........there are many differences, but the Cup, is the big one.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

Yeah, these playoffs have seemed to be just an extension of the regular season. There is a general lack of intensity & drama. Most of the crowds are boring too.
Ah I disagree guys. I found that at least 5 of the first round series were excellent entertainment:

Post-Series Talk: - What was the most entertaining First Round Series?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
New thread. Old one was at 8k already. Lol
2000 was just me venting Leafs hatred, sorry.

There's more crowd noise at a Montreal game with a shit team than at majority of these places.
Agreed. Where is the hatred, the massive beefs, huge hits, the injuries?
Kinda turned into World Cup hockey.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
damn, can't seem to find any info on this. wonder what they did, some kind of hazing thing perhaps?

It's because the OHL did not elaborate on the specifics of the investigation or the incidents that took place.

Recent events forced the CHL to evolve from a black box to a... Grey box.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
How are we supposed to compete against teams like Dallas and Carolina?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Leaf fan on CP24...."We gotta shut the Chuck down"....I almost spit my beer out.

...lol...I'd give Game 1 to Bob more than that douche Tkachuk...hopefully the Laffs blow their collective load worrying about him and not getting in Bob's eyes...then they'll be down 2-0...:nod:

Reactions: Nashy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad