HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Playoffs Edition part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
This makes no sense as Gaudreau and Tkachuk were their rebuild going to fruition!

Naa they've never done a real rebuild. The curse of being a Canadian team. Tkachuk was essentialy the Flames' Carey Price. Where with the Habs, we could never rebuild or judge properly what we had cause Price was such a stellar player. It was the same with Tkachuk. Everytime people were like "the Flames are one or two pieces away to compete!" and then got guys like Toffoli, etc...and I was like "oh they're so cute!". I never bought it. They never impressed me. It was only Tkachuk.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Naa they've never done a real rebuild. The curse of being a Canadian team. Tkachuk was essentialy the Flames' Carey Price. Where with the Habs, we could never rebuild or judge properly what we had cause Price was such a stellar player. It was the same with Tkachuk. Everytime people were like "the Flames are one or two pieces away to compete!" and then got guys like Toffoli, etc...and I was like "oh they're so cute!". I never bought it. They never impressed me. It was only Tkachuk.
Tkachuk was not even the main piece down there... come on now...

Gaudreau was the main piece

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Basically:

In 2024 - If the pick is between 20-32 the Habs have until 48hrs prior to the draft to decide to take it.

In 2025 -

If calgary gets Florida's first then if neither pick is top 10, habs get better pick, otherwise if calgary's is top 10 and florida isn't , Habs get Florida.

If Calgary doesn't get Florida's 1st - if its outside top 10, we get it. If its 2 to 10th we get it, if its 1st overall we get 2026 pick.

images-jpeg-23.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It is hilarious to see this exodus likely to happen even after the alleged player ultimatum on Sutter, but the situation also gives a heavy sinking feeling. The Flames, Jets, and Oilers will be located somewhere south sooner than we think.

There's something rotten in Calgary, and it seems they haven't got to the core of it yet.

In Calgary's case, I'm not convinced that it's all to do with being a Canadian team. We didn't really hear about players demanding to leave as consistently as we have from that market until the last couple years.

I'm also going to throw it out there that calgary has a really outdated facility, which was also damaged by the floods a few years ago. The dressing room doesn't even look like nhl level. I'm not sure if that plays into decisions, but it can't help.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There's something rotten in Calgary, and it seems they haven't got to the core of it yet.

In Calgary's case, I'm not convinced that it's all to do with being a Canadian team. We didn't really hear about players demanding to leave as consistently as we have from that market until the last couple years.

I'm also going to throw it out there that calgary has a really outdated facility, which was also damaged by the floods a few years ago. The dressing room doesn't even look like nhl level. I'm not sure if that plays into decisions, but it can't help.
Flames had lot of bad luck. Monahan loss to injury also. He was good player. Fox wouldn't sign there. Johnny Hockey left UFA, Tkachuk wanting out. They drafted well that for sure.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Ottawa isn't so bad. Has the good luck of being close to either Montreal or Toronto.
Yeah it's definitely underrated. Calgary isnt terrible either, but I found that navigating around the city without a car was a pain in the ass and it wasnt very "chaleureux" (I don't know how to translate that, "welcoming"?).

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa isn't so bad. Has the good luck of being close to either Montreal or Toronto.

Ottawa's a nice, clean city and a good place to start a family. They've been good at player retention and for good reason. I think the fans are more respectful than other Canadian cities too.

Their board members here are complete ass clowns though.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah it's definitely underrated. Calgary isnt terrible either, but I found that navigating around the city without a car was a pain in the ass and it wasnt very "chaleureux" (I don't know how to translate that, "welcoming"?).
If you think that’s bad, you should come to any city in Saskatchewan. If you don’t own a car, you’re stuck taking a horse to work.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
If you think that’s bad, you should come to any city in Saskatchewan. If you don’t own a car, you’re stuck taking a horse to work.
Most places in Quebec are like this, even Québec (la ville), when you get out of Montréal. Even in some districts of Montréal the public transport really sucks. But fortunately, most of the cool stuff happening is from a walking distance of a métro station.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I've lived in both Calgary and Edmonton, still have family in both places. You couldn't pay me to move back.

• Wow
Reactions: Toene and Shred

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Y'all should check out the YT channel "not just bikes". It really puts things in perspective and finally nailed what i hate about most cities in NA. We should be building infrastructure that gets away from cars, not accommodate them.

This, but also the way we build cities influences what infrastructure we build. It's a vicious circle, and I rarely hear anyone talking about the real issues affecting housing supply and infrastructure, especially not anyone in any position of power.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Y'all should check out the YT channel "not just bikes". It really puts things in perspective and finally nailed what i hate about most cities in NA. We should be building infrastructure that gets away from cars, not accommodate them.

Was just in Amsterdam and their infrastructure for bike travel and use of the tram was unreal.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Montreal is so great half the team lives in Brossard.

And it's the same in most NHL cities. Players live where the latest mall/housing development is, closer to the practice rink.

--

Allan Walsh has a point Bedard will be underpaid. Maybe improve bonuses.

Reactions: Gravity

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

And it's the same in most NHL cities. Players live where the latest mall/housing development is, closer to the practice rink.
Most actually live in Candillac vs Brossard - new luxury developments will do that & drive commute is negligible let alone construction nightmares. Side note, I’ve always wondered if Habs ownership group had a stake in construction / development projects in Candillac…

Matheson lives in Westmount, so did Petry’s, Pacioretty’s and Plekanec’s in years past.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002

--

One would think he would understand why an NBA player may get more than an NHL or WNBA player? Has Bedard played a game yet? What if Yakupov got that enormous contract? He's such a douche

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
That's why I love Montreal , don't need a car!!! I had one for the longest time and it's too much of a pain in the city man

--

Can hockey players even afford houses on the island these days :laugh:
:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: DavePeak and Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad