HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Playoffs Edition part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Damn! Good deal. I wanted him in MTL as a stopgap solution to the powerplay until someone like Mailloux or Hutson is ready.

If only we still had our 2024 2nd, maybe we could have used it to get Durzi.

It's ok though, we used it, along with a 1st, to get Dvorak, instead of keeping both picks and re-signing Danault. At least, as everyone told us, Danault sucks and Dvorak would be just as good defensively plus an upgrade offensively - and we also gave up those great picks so we didn't have to give Danault 5.5M, but could get Dvo for 4.5M, thus saving 1M on the cap!

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting that a young RD who just put up 38 points in 72 games went for a 2nd round pick.

Is Durzi not good defensively?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Interesting that a young RD who just put up 38 points in 72 games went for a 2nd round pick.

Is Durzi not good defensively?
He had the worst +/- on the Kings at -12 when a good chunk of the team are +10 and over. Also, 16 of his 38 points were on the PP last season (15 of them assist).

Reactions: 26Mats

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Johansen acquired for nothing with 4 millions retained (making him a 4millions player for the next 2 years). I've not seen him plays a lot last year but i hope he's done as a NHL hockey player or else that's a great move by Sakic.

"The centers they are not avelaibel" - Marc Bergevin

That seems like an awful lot of retention to strengthen the frontrunner in their same division.
I'm surprised the NHL allowed that trade. I mean yeah Johansen with no retention is worth nothing no doubt about it at this point he's a 2nd or 3rd line center vet at best. But with 4 millions retention it almost has the appearance of collusion or something.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Johansen acquired for nothing with 4 millions retained (making him a 4millions player for the next 2 years). I've not seen him plays a lot last year but i hope he's done as a NHL hockey player or else that's a great move by Sakic.

I'm surprised the NHL allowed that trade. I mean yeah Johansen with no retention is worth nothing no doubt about it at this point he's a 2nd or 3rd line center vet at best. But with 4 millions retention it almost has the appearance of collusion or something.

With no Johansen, no granlund, and duchene playing RW they don't have much at C. If trotz doesn't want to rebuild with saris, josi, and forsberg still on the roster I could see him looking at Dvorak. It's a conservative move and a trots type guy, nit sure what he'd offer though.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Johansen for Jones was viewed as mega swap of stars at time. But both are negative assets

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Rumors are Boston is trying for Schiefele at 50% retained, and would move a goalie (Swayman), and a D, probably Fredric too.

Makes sense. With Bergeron and kreijci on the very end of their careers, Boston needs to get moving on getting a marquee center if they want to stay in the contention tier.

This killed them in the playoffs when Bergeron was hurt. As good as Boston was, you just can't afford to lose key guys at that position, and I've said for years that Bergeron is the glue guy there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I've heard stl is a boring city, but it seems more than a few nhlers settle down there after their playing career.

Now seeing that the holdup could be for trying to sell someone on leaving stl for LA, this signals to me that stl is probably an underrated market for nhlers.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I've heard stl is a boring city, but it seems more than a few nhlers settle down there after their playing career.

Now seeing that the holdup could be for trying to sell someone on leaving stl for LA, this signals to me that stl is probably an underrated market for nhlers.

Unless I’m missing something the deal is between St. Louis and Philadelphia (not LA).

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If only we still had our 2024 2nd, maybe we could have used it to get Durzi.

It's ok though, we used it, along with a 1st, to get Dvorak, instead of keeping both picks and re-signing Danault. At least, as everyone told us, Danault sucks and Dvorak would be just as good defensively plus an upgrade offensively - and we also gave up those great picks so we didn't have to give Danault 5.5M, but could get Dvo for 4.5M, thus saving 1M on the cap!
The truth is Danault didn't want to be here. You don't leave your childhood team over 500k the first day of free agency without pause. He was also offered five mil before his playoff run during the worst season of his career when others in the league would have seen him as a third line center. Especially the role usage was a bullshit excuse since the Kings had even more center depth than us, though all of their center prospects have busted.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The truth is Danault didn't want to be here. You don't leave your childhood team over 500k the first day of free agency without pause. He was also offered five mil before his playoff run during the worst season of his career when others in the league would have seen him as a third line center. Especially the role usage was a bullshit excuse since the Kings had even more center depth than us, though all of their center prospects have busted.

The truth is most didn't appreciate what Danault brought.

Reactions: MrNasty and Kimota

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

It's a deal between St. Louis and Philadelphia. The player does not want to go to a rebuilding team for sure, and maybe Torts too.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Appears there was a STL Dman who was to be going to Philly in deal for Hayes & Sanheim who invoked his NTC to STL.

Wonder if that was Krug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad