guys, imagine when Subban goes UFA in 3 years

Habs Blue line

Erik Karrlson
Pk Subban

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
don't worry...3 more yrs he'll be back in a Habs jersey ...

Older and wiser,and maybe will grab that Cup he wants in a Habs jersey ...

Perfect timing for Subban to come back. Bergevin is gone, we have a new President and GM, and Subban replaces Weber cause he is 37 and retires. Price is still a top 10 NHL goalie at the age of 35 with 4 years left and Primeau behind him to pick up the slack. All of our current youth in their prime years.

However, if Bergevin is extended past his 2 year of term left (watch out for the uproar with some), Subban will not sign with the Habs. Subban loves the Habs but his issue is with Bergevin clearly

Reactions: donghabs98

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
well, when Erik Karrlson signs with Habs in offseason
will have the counter measure to Subban if Leafs do trade for him..lol

Erik Karrlson vs Subban

Anyone trading for that Nylander contract,as of right now is nuts..If i was a GM ,I'd be waiting to see him next year. come out with a better showing
I don't want to see anyone help out that little nerd with his nylander contract unless it's lucic for nylander

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Agreed. Preds better make them pay a huge price to acquire (if they even trade him). I'd be extremely annoyed if they acquire him for Nylander, Liljegren, and a 1st. It's not enough. Nylander is a good start but Liljegren is not trending well and the 1st is a late 1st.

That would be a very good trade for Toronto imo. Save cap space and acquire a better player playing a position where they need help.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That would be a very good trade for Toronto imo. Save cap space and acquire a better player playing a position where they need help.

Works for Toronto but the Preds should be setting the bar higher than that if they are considering moving him. If the Preds trade Subban, they need a #1C coming back the other way.

Subban for Malkin would be interesting.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Works for Toronto but the Preds should be setting the bar higher than that if they are considering moving him. If the Preds trade Subban, they need a #1C coming back the other way.

Malkin would block that....can't see him wanting to go to Nash

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

My guess is Pens would want Josi.....not the one that skates around with a grand piano welded to his back

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Perfect timing for Subban to come back. Bergevin is gone, we have a new President and GM, and Subban replaces Weber cause he is 37 and retires. Price is still a top 10 NHL goalie at the age of 35 with 4 years left and Primeau behind him to pick up the slack. All of our current youth in their prime years.

However, if Bergevin is extended past his 2 year of term left (watch out for the uproar with some), Subban will not sign with the Habs. Subban loves the Habs but his issue is with Bergevin clearly

Weber won't retire as long as he's getting paid. Why would he throw away 6M to help us out?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My guess is Pens would want Josi.....not the one that skates around with a grand piano welded to his back

I just wonder how Subban is committed to staying in top shape and leading a team at this stage. I think there is something to be said about his off season habits and lack of hunger to be the best he can be. Players have pride... i think he rebounds by training hard this summer and heads into next season on a mission.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
According to many of the people who call Weber a character player, he will retire in the last years of his contract because he won't bother playing for less money.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weber won't retire as long as he's getting paid. Why would he throw away 6M to help us out?

Weber's actual salary drops from $6M to $3M from age 36 to 37. It's very possible his age 36 season is his last. If he plays past 36, this big body needs to give Chara a call and copy cat his off season work out programs. If Weber wants to remain a top D man past 35, he needs to put some serious effort with his endurance. More than he ever did before cause it will be that much more difficult to maintain and the game is played fast today.

I think he has 2 more very good years and then we have to see how the next 1 or 2 seasons go. Be prepared that we may or may not protect him for the expansion draft. He will be 36 the following season.

Reactions: donghabs98

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Subban is going to retire before Weber, book it. Buddy destroyed his back at the gym putting on all these pounds he didn't even need. No surgery can fix that.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Note, if Weber is a true character player, he will keep playing for 1 million a year even if he degrades to being a third pairing dman, and in the meantime, he will ask to be traded to a team that can compete in the playoffs.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I just wonder how Subban is committed to staying in top shape and leading a team at this stage. I think there is something to be said about his off season habits and lack of hunger to be the best he can be. Players have pride... i think he rebounds by training hard this summer and heads into next season on a mission.
Lol....I don’t think he lacks “Hunger” lol

I was made fun of but when he was in Europe, sipping back on wine, visiting the Louvre.....he’s not training when he’s out and about

Sure, 3 weeks off is fine.....but he needs to be in the gym 2 1/2 months.....maybe spend a month with a Mr.Miagi type dude, wake at 4am, use your feet and toes to do everything, eat rice only, train in the monsoons of Southeast Asia, walking through leech infested rivers........

Something more then squatting 4 plates with your shirt off in an outside gym in Etobicoke

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Note, if Weber is a true character player, he will keep playing for 1 million a year even if he degrades to being a third pairing dman, and in the meantime, he will ask to be traded to a team that can compete in the playoffs.

I think he might but it depends on how committed he is with his conditioning moving forward. He was not able to do this last off season and we all have seen him get caught flat footed towards the end of the year. Weber is not dump, he knows this as well.

Lets see how committed he is to improving his foot speed this off season now that his is healthy

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Lol....I don’t think he lacks “Hunger” lol

I was made fun of but when he was in Europe, sipping back on wine, visiting the Louvre.....he’s not training when he’s out and about

Sure, 3 weeks off is fine.....but he needs to be in the gym 2 1/2 months.....maybe spend a month with a Mr.Miagi type dude, wake at 4am, use your feet and toes to do everything, eat rice only, train in the monsoons of Southeast Asia, walking through leech infested rivers........

Something more then squatting 4 plates with your shirt off in an outside gym in Etobicoke

They have gyms in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad