Out of Town Thread Part XVI: Gotta love Game 7 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Knights had a PP in OT in G6 at home and gave up a shorthanded goal.

Their special teams aren't all that special. You have to shut that **** down in the playoffs.
Tied a record set by the THRASHERS, now the Jets, and the 2018 Detroit Red Wings. Is SJ that good, or is there something fundementally wrong such that they pulled off something two regular season teams with SHIT penalty killing could pull off?

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Just finished re-watching the entire Game 7. Just now realizing how incredible SJ's roster is. Burns, Karlsson, Couture, Hertl, Meier, and Labanc are all insanely good players.

Then add Pavelski, Kane, Vlasic, even Jumbo Joe on the 3rd line who’s still a quality depth player...

They have a ridiculously deep team, could see them winning it all this year if Jones does his part in net.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Babcock Inquiry has started in TO................he is half way through the biggest deal a coach has ever signed, and it sounds like they want him out...........lol

4 years in, and they want their home run guy fired!! Boy, people are riled up.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Mood is very gloomy here at the office. People are crushed the Leafs lost.

I love it.

We do have one Bruins fan, so it’ll be weird uniting with my Leaf loving co-workers against a common enemy.

Reactions: beh3moth

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
«C’EST UNE FARCE» - JONATHAN MARCHESSAULT

Well, to me what was really a joke is the over confidence he showed in his interview on RDS between game 4 and 5, they should have closed this before game 7, hey it was a bad call.....bad call happens all the time in sports deal with it, having said that, i completly understand his frustration

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Mood is very gloomy here at the office. People are crushed the Leafs lost.

I love it.

We do have one Bruins fan, so it’ll be weird uniting with my Leaf loving co-workers against a common enemy.
Hockey world breathed a sigh of relief for another year.

Thing is, I don't see Toronto getting better the next few years. They're entering cap hell and once the big three grow into their deals it's time to renew kadri, reilly and Andersen.

Jt signing was their Stanley cup

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
A Muzzin and Subban tandem would be pretty good, and fits Babcock’s preference of righties on right and lefties on left.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hockey world breathed a sigh of relief for another year.

Thing is, I don't see Toronto getting better the next few years. They're entering cap hell and once the big three grow into their deals it's time to renew kadri, reilly and Andersen.

Jt signing was their Stanley cup

Make no mistake about it. They are a very good team with a potent offense and solid goaltenting. They will be good for a while yet and we have a lot of catching up to do. The cap space is a major issue in terms of making improvements but it's not impossible to unblock this problem if they are willing to make smart trades.

I got jumped on for it but they should of flipped Nylander for futures and let the other team negotiate his contract. Helps their cap in the future and they could of got a grade A prospect on RD. Kind of how Yzerman flipped Drouin for Sergachev. But no, Leafs fans said they had no need for futures. What a joke. Remember when the Avs added Kariya back when? Same type of thinking... offense, offense, offense but lack of depth and a balanced roster. Only the Pens can win this way.

Look at the picks they traded in the last two years. They got real lucky with trading down and Sandin was still on the board. He is a good one. But after Sandin, they don't have much and where are they filling in holes with ELC to help stay under the cap? What a bunch of dummies.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I was in Toronto watching the Raptors eliminate Orlando. It was so strange after the game. There were fans laughing and smiling because of the victory. Followed by others who were crushed because of their beloved Leafs being eliminated. Such a weird environment.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Good last thing i want is a motivated subban facing us a bunch of times a year.

don't worry...3 more yrs he'll be back in a Habs jersey ...

Older and wiser,and maybe will grab that Cup he wants in a Habs jersey ...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Subban on the leafs would be terrifying.

Agreed. Preds better make them pay a huge price to acquire (if they even trade him). I'd be extremely annoyed if they acquire him for Nylander, Liljegren, and a 1st. It's not enough. Nylander is a good start but Liljegren is not trending well and the 1st is a late 1st.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was in Toronto watching the Raptors eliminate Orlando. It was so strange after the game. There were fans laughing and smiling because of the victory. Followed by others who were crushed because of their beloved Leafs being eliminated. Such a weird environment.

The bandwagon fans in the Toronto market ruin it for the real fans if you ask me. Worse bandwagon fans in the league by far! Can you blame them? Being a sports fan in Toronto is painful based on the lack of success for decades.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
what has it done for Nashville?

Is everyone sure Leafs can fit in a 10 million guy(Subban 9.6 cap hit)....goodluck

Adding Subban in the mix on a team that has offensive players up front is deadly. Think about the talent the Habs and Preds have up front and the center depth. You add Subban to the Leafs and this results in Subban leading the league in pts for D man. In 1 season, the Leafs would value Subban more than Rielly.

When are people going to learn? Don't devalue top talent who have one off year.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Adding Subban in the mix on a team that has offensive players up front is deadly. Think about the talent the Habs and Preds have up front and the center depth. You add Subban to the Leafs and this results in Subban leading the league in pts for D man. In 1 season, the Leafs would value Subban more than Rielly.

When are people going to learn? Don't devalue top talent who have one off year.

The Leafs are flawed....watch , they will add D..crash out again next year..then it will be a tidal wave

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Subban is just the type of player that causes anxiety/suspense when you play against him, even if his plays don't amount to anything.

well, when Erik Karrlson signs with Habs in offseason
will have the counter measure to Subban if Leafs do trade for him..lol

Erik Karrlson vs Subban

Anyone trading for that Nylander contract,as of right now is nuts..If i was a GM ,I'd be waiting to see him next year. come out with a better showing

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
The bandwagon fans in the Toronto market ruin it for the real fans if you ask me. Worse bandwagon fans in the league by far! Can you blame them? Being a sports fan in Toronto is painful based on the lack of success for decades.

There was a good mixture of hardcore and bandwagon fans last night. I agree though, bandwagon fans or the ones that are overly cocky definitely ruin things for the real fans. The gentleman that was sitting beside me at the game was in his 70's. He's been a die hard Leafs fan for as long as he can remember. Fans like him I feel sorry for. The last time the Leafs won the cup, he was in his 20's. Sitting here now got me thinking. The last time the Habs won the Cup, I was in my early 20's. I hope like hell 20 years from now I'm not here still waiting for our Habs to win another Cup.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Leafs are flawed....watch , they will add D..crash out again next year..then it will be a tidal wave

I don't know. I know their issues but they are still a very good team. They just need to make the right moves. Nylander should of been traded for a stud on D. Like Yzerman did with Drouin/Sergachev. They were dump. They said he was not worth $6M in contract negotiations but when it came to a trade value, he was worth $9M. It would of been much easier to get a young RD for Nylander before they signed him. Let the other team sign him after the trade.

Good luck getting a NHL ready prospect who has top 4D on the right side now. Nylander did not have a good season. Kadri played 3C and had a hard time matching Bozak's 3C production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad