Out of Town Thread Part XVI: Gotta love Game 7 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Probably one of the worst calls I've seen , f***ing ever. Vegas got hosed.
On the bright side, Toronto is out.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yes, it was bad call. But Vegas had a 3-1 series lead and should've ended it at home and didn't.

They gave up 4 goals on a 5 minute PP. That's insane! 4 goals.

Ultimately, they tied the game and still lost in OT.

I don't feel bad for LV at all. Every organization has gotten screwed in the playoffs. Last year, was a cinderella season. This year the fans learn pain & heartbreak. It's all part of the process.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'd still take Kadri on the Habs.

He's a little puke but you know a guy like him would play balls out for his childhood team. Can only imagine how much gallagher+kadri+domi would drive other teams crazy.

that being said, not sure I want someone who is about one game misconduct away from entering Chris Simon suspension length territory.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Am I the only one who enjoyed the game more before the brutal call? It completely ruined the game for me, even if Vegas would've killed it.. The comeback thing was spectacular, but stained by the ****ty call.

The ref was reacting To the guy on the ice. He called a penalty he didnt saw . Brutal

The only way someone could have enjoyed the game before the call was if that someone was a Vegas fan.

The game was dead and buried, with no suspense before that call.

Reactions: teamfirst

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I see nothing wrong with what happened, just a freak accident.
If this is what roughing is then Boston should play the entire game on a PK.

Did you actually see the crosscheck? That should normally be an easy call. No need and definitely wasn't a light crosscheck. Not 5 minutes, but still, you're right about the end result.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It was a horrible call but it's hard to put it all on the ref. If they review this play and he has a chance to see it again, at most it's 2 min penalty and it's the end of the story. These things happen so fast, practically impossible for the ref to correctly see exactly what happened.

Reactions: Mudz

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It deserved 2 for sure.....5 was excessive

At the end of the day, you’re not suppose to let in 4 goals on 1 major.....I mean, has any ever witnessed that ever??....especially in the playoffs......Vegas does not deserve to win that series.

Lol, i'm sure if it was MB's team unstead of Vegas giving those 4 goals Paul would be posting the same words you just posted

:laugh::laugh:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just finished re-watching the entire Game 7. Just now realizing how incredible SJ's roster is. Burns, Karlsson, Couture, Hertl, Meier, and Labanc are all insanely good players.

I believe Labanc is the odd man out soon.

Also, San Jose's drafting is f***ing mint. They have no picks, but still produce talent better than the habs do.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Just finished re-watching the entire Game 7. Just now realizing how incredible SJ's roster is. Burns, Karlsson, Couture, Hertl, Meier, and Labanc are all insanely good players.

Meier and Labanc looks good. I envy the Sharks.

Here we are still trying to convince ourself that Drouin hasn't took off because apparently he's still young at 24 while Meier and Labanc are showing great progression at the same age or younger.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
He's a little puke but you know a guy like him would play balls out for his childhood team. Can only imagine how much gallagher+kadri+domi would drive other teams crazy.

that being said, not sure I want someone who is about one game misconduct away from entering Chris Simon suspension length territory.

At some point a guy has to be learning from is mistake, maybe next year would be the start of the new Nazem ''mature'' Kadri

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The problem with calling this one a penalty is, while it probably meet the definition of a cross-check, there's about 229 hits like that in a hockey game.
(Of course, in the long run, players would discipline themselves. And, of course, here, the penalty came about because of the result, not the play itself. More obviously, no team should allow 4 goals on a 5-min PK)

Not after a faceoffs though. I think the time where a hits is made is very important. Ref letting players battle for position in front of the net is fine. Same for the corners as long as there's no boarding. But this kind of hits after the faceoffs have no place in hockey imo.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Bad call but I'm glad SJ got through. Can't stand Vegas especially now that they have casperetty who just now decided hes gonna try in the playoffs.

Also, you deserve to lose if you surrender 4 goals on a single PK

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Did you actually see the crosscheck? That should normally be an easy call. No need and definitely wasn't a light crosscheck. Not 5 minutes, but still, you're right about the end result.
I did ya, saw a million replays of it. I'm not denying there was a crosscheck, I'm saying it was a one no different than all the other ones they let go during the games. If Pavelski steps back up from this, they don't call anything, just like they never had their arm raised. They saw the blood and Pavelski out of this world, that's why they gave him a 5.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not after a faceoffs though. I think the time where a hits is made is very important. Ref letting players battle for position in front of the net is fine. Same for the corners as long as there's no boarding. But this kind of hits after the faceoffs have no place in hockey imo.
I disagree, there's just as much bad stuff going on in a FO battle than in the corners or the front of the net, if not even more.
I think you need to rewatch the play, Eakin just shoved him out of the way man, players do that all the time. Pavelski was off balance, it's the only reason why it resulted in this freak accident.
He didn't crosscheck him to the face, or throat, slash his hands, slewfoot him, or anything out of the ordinary.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I disagree, there's just as much bad stuff going on in a FO battle than in the corners or the front of the net, if not even more.
I think you need to rewatch the play, Eakin just shoved him out of the way man, players do that all the time. Pavelski was off balance, it's the only reason why it resulted in this freak accident.
He didn't crosscheck him to the face, or throat, slash his hands, slewfoot him, or anything out of the ordinary.

I re-watched the play many times. Let's just agree to disagree. I hated those kind of cross check when i played and i still hate them. I remember once punching a guy in the face after a cross check like that on my arm (the guy was notorious for his cheap shots when the ref was not looking). I got a 2 and the other player nothing cause according to the ref it was not a big cross check. My arm was still hurting 2 days after the hit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They also don't have as much forward depth as they think they do, especially on wings. I thought Johnsson and Kapanen played really soft. Not good in the corners, along the boards or willing to battle in front of the net.

They're great in open ice. The other problem is they lack playmaking and vision. Matthews was the one going in deep retrieving the puck then trying to set them up.

Matthews really needed a playmaker on his wing (i.e Nylander), so he could be the scoring option, but Babs couldn't do that because stupid ass Kadri got himself suspended AGAIN. He needed Nylander as a center.

Only bottom 6 forward I was impressed with was Moore.

On D, Rielly is great. Muzzin is good on the 2nd pairing and they need him because he's the only one with a physical game.

Dermott is not top 4. Idk if he ever gets there.

So they need 2 top 4D. A rhd with Rielly. A rhd with Muzzin. And a lhd for Dermott. Only 3 worth keeping, although they're probably stuck with Zaitsev.

Lili is definitely not ready. Don't know about Sandin, but they'll need both to make it.

I actually think Benn would be a good add for them to play with Dermott. He's basically a Muzzin lite.

Benn is a solid option for any team. He can play both LD or RD and fill in a top 4D role (limited role) if you need him in case of injuries. There will be several teams wanting to sign him for $2M or less AAV and he will have options based on the season he just had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad