Out of Town Thread Part XVI: Gotta love Game 7 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
In all my years of watching a non-Habs hockey game, this is by far the craziest 10 minutes of hockey ever.

Reactions: the

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
We witnessed the greatest team ever assembled :) lose in the early game and now this craziness. What a night of playoff game 7 hockey this is.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Oh man. I just saw the video of the cross check. There needs to be video review on major penalties.

Eakin definitely should have gotten 2 minutes. But Pavelski's injury was a freak accident, not from the cross-check, which of course was to the chest, not the head.

Hard to blame the refs - from there angle it could have looked like a cross check to the head resulting in a serious injury.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That was a brutal call, should have been a 2 minute penalty for Eakin cross-checking to the chest.

Five minutes on account of Pavelski falling awkwardly.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
This is so amazing :)

Both teams make me so nervous at times this was amazing to see the SJ bring off the ice a bloody Pavelski thinking "we are going to win this one for you pal" and just actually doing it. They had some crazy energy on that PP.

And the Gerard Gallant knights just actually coming back and evening it up ?!

OVERRTIMME

Reactions: the

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Sad to see the injury to Pavelski, but Cody Eakin isn't at blame for him falling awkwardly. All the best to every player in the game, it's a tough living no doubting that.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So much for the refs not changing the outcome of a game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe Eakin won't get razzed as much now -- esp. if Vegas can close this.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That was a brutal call, should have been a 2 minute penalty for Eakin cross-checking to the chest.

Five minutes on account of Pavelski falling awkwardly.

The officials called it based on the result. At first, I thought they saw a stick to the face, but that would have been high sticking and not cross checking.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Oh man. I just saw the video of the cross check. There needs to be video review on major penalties.

Eakin definitely should have gotten 2 minutes. But Pavelski's injury was a freak accident, not from the cross-check, which of course was to the chest, not the head.

Hard to blame the refs - from there angle it could have looked like a cross check to the head resulting in a serious injury.
He got double whammied. Stastny could have been double minored for interference. Collectively, that is 6 penalty minutes.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Thank god for this break...I still can’t believe what I have witnessed.

Man I just wish Marc-André is not going to let in a softie here...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So much for the refs not changing the outcome of a game.

unfortunately if the Sharks win I think they did. Can't see them scoring 4 without that mistaken 5 minute major. It would have been 3-1 after the first pp goal and the 2 minute pp would be over.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad