Out of Town Thread Part XVI: Gotta love Game 7 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yes it was the rigth call. Even if they fail this year because winning the SC is really no easy feat, I'd still want them to do what they did given their position.

Panarin and Bob set to become free agents. If they lose them, well damn...it's gonna be tough to find replacement. So they went all in with some trades to give them an extra push. If they do go on this great run, it might also entice guys to stick around as it shows commitment to going for it.
I have no issues with that, especially considering CLB never made it to 2nd round. Just that in itself is successful for them.
So if I was a fan of that team, I'd definitely be happy about it and giving them credit.

They could sign Ales Hemsky and Mark Streit this summer :sarcasm: I mean it would cost them nothing so it would be defacto great moves.

Reactions: Rapala

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You are over simplifying it. It was one of the worst first round exit i have ever seen. NYR was playing like crap. They sold the entire team next season and tanked this season. It's certainly not because they were happy with what they saw the previous year. Pretty much our entire team sucked against NYR. Radulov played well. Lehkonen too mainly on the PP. Weber was okay. Maybe you could add Gallagher but with one goal in 6 games it was nothing to write home about this said he was playing with Byron and Plekanec ...

We had many 1st round exit since i was born. But most of the time we battled hard and lost with honor or lost badly to far better team. But that 1st round exit against NYR was humiliating. We did not fight. We gave up. And we did it against a pretty bad team playing pretty bad hockey. I don't care if Lundqvist played relatively well his team in front of him sucked.
Very well said. Pure rubbish series.
Fact is MBs squad last won a series against the Mighty Senators in 015. Did not play particularly well in that one either. Squeaked by them. They have stunk and got worse one year at a time since then.

They are so bad now that this team getst accolades for not being worst in the league.

Ha ! Can you set the bar any lower? Does any team in the NHL have a lower bar? If so , I sure cant tell which one.

Reactions: LaP and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
CBJ did what they had to do plain and simple. Leave Bergevin out of the out of town until he is finally out of town. Can't happen soon enough.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Yes it was the rigth call. Even if they fail this year because winning the SC is really no easy feat, I'd still want them to do what they did given their position.

Panarin and Bob set to become free agents. If they lose them, well damn...it's gonna be tough to find replacement. So they went all in with some trades to give them an extra push. If they do go on this great run, it might also entice guys to stick around as it shows commitment to going for it.
I have no issues with that, especially considering CLB never made it to 2nd round. Just that in itself is successful for them.
So if I was a fan of that team, I'd definitely be happy about it and giving them credit.

Good for him, he has balls. If I'd be a fan I would enjoy their situation right now, for sure. BUT if he doesn't sign 2 big UFA this summer and win the cup, I wouldn't be happy if I'm a CBJ fan. Odds are not in his favor. It will be a busy summer for him with a lot of pressure if they don't win.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I don't even like the Isles, but I hope they win the cup so it's a big **** you to Tavares. :)

Meh. I never blame players for taking advantage of their right to UFA. IMO, Tavares chose the wrong destination for an instant Cup, but he's also not the game changer his reputation might suggest.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Meh. I never blame players for taking advantage of their right to UFA. IMO, Tavares chose the wrong destination for an instant Cup, but he's also not the game changer his reputation might suggest.
Neither do I, but what Tavares did was different. Giving false hope that he would resign only to leave the first day of free agency. That's f***ed up. Tell the Isles before the deadline that you don't want to resign so they can trade you for some kind of asset. You can't say the same thing for Panarin since he made it clear he won't be resigning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad