Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
He will always be a special player to me. He was the only thing worth watching on the Habs for a while there. Hope he recovers quickly and regains his form. PK re-signs in Montreal freshly after Bergy fired? Sign me up.

For a couple of millions per season, no more than that.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

I'm all for this.

You just know the league is going to determine our biggest rival by whoever has the best team. When the Bruins are the top dog we get that extra game. When the Leafs are we get that game. When the Sens finish their rebuild, we get that game.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Bold prediction: Cale Makar will eventually be put in the same sentence as the likes of Doug Harvey. I think he's that good.

Seriously. The best D-man in the league at 22 and he keeps getting better.

I implore any defender of our current roster to watch the Avs/Blues game right now. Unreal talent all over the ice. We are so so far away it's not even funny. Colorado would toy with us.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't like play-ins. Teams had 82 (now 84?) games to get to the playoffs, what's the point of having such a long season if there's play-ins?

Well, we already kind of see how the regular season can be meaningless in the sense that the lower seeds tend to take out the top seeds more regularly than other sports.

Maybe this extra round of play ins tips the scales in the favour of the top seeds, and actutually makes the regular season seedings more meaningful in the end by forcing the lower seeds to play extra games. Although I suppose the counterpoint is that those extra games may give the lower seed an advantage early on in the actual playoffs.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Bold prediction: Cale Makar will eventually be put in the same sentence as the likes of Doug Harvey. I think he's that good.

Couple of things lol..
Harvey had SEVEN Norris trophies.. Lidstrom had 7, Bobby orr had 8
Just getting like 3 today puts you in the hall of fame, those other 3 are uncatchable legends
But, who is comparing people to the great Doug Harvey who hasnt played since 1969 in this day and age? lol

I guess im just surprised you didnt say the names Lidstrom or Orr first as they are much more recent players lol

Reactions: MasterDecoy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Anyone who knows what injury EP40 has?

"Pettersson’s initial injury assessment was “day-to-day.” To go from that a month ago to possibly not even returning this season is a significant change.
While the Canucks have not confirmed the exact injury, reports indicate that it is a wrist injury. That would allow Pettersson to continue to exercise but would preclude the type of heavy stress placed on the wrist when taking shots and battling along the boards."

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Couple of things lol..
Harvey had SEVEN Norris trophies.. Lidstrom had 7, Bobby orr had 8
Just getting like 3 today puts you in the hall of fame, those other 3 are uncatchable legends
But, who is comparing people to the great Doug Harvey who hasnt played since 1969 in this day and age? lol

I guess im just surprised you didnt say the names Lidstrom or Orr first as they are much more recent players lol

Would never compare someone to Orr, that's too high a barometer.

Lidstrom, to me at least, is simply not a good stylistic comparison though I'd put him at #2 all-time.

Essentially I think Makar can be top 10 all time, possibly top 5, so long as he continues to refine his game defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad