Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
9 years dude... there's no excuses and the only explanation for it is MB's incompetence.

in any one of those early years, had MB shown the kind of roster building competence required of the role, he would have leveraged our considerably strong prospect pool and/or 1sts to add the top-6 and top-4 talent we needed to go from pretender to legit contender. The quality of roster and cap situation he inherited completely set him up to do so, instead he tinkered around the bargain bin and oversaw the implosion of our top-5 rated prospect pool en route to one of the worst stretches in franchise history... to je to
I still haven't bothered to watch many games because of Bergevin's incompetence.

But regarding the matter of the Vegas team situation Pac is in compared to where he was here, my point is that the difference is not substantial, especially some of those early Bergevin teams. Strong D corps, fairly substantial forward depth, and he's the top goalscorer on the team.

Pac still has to play a major role there. Stone is his playmaker...if Pac doesn't pot goals, Stone becomes less potent. The Vegas 2nd line is not the powerhouse of its inaugural season, so the Knights need the Stone-Pac combo to perform at a high level.

And Pac's time is running out. Very few players cross the 33 year threshold with no or little decrease, Ovechkin might be the only one.

The Vegas team's top linchpin is Shea Theodore. If he goes down, they are in for a world of hurt.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I feel like he's a lower tier Price.

He can be absolutely magnificent, but then put up a game where you're not sure if he's even NHL caliber.
When you play behind a D like that, the numbers won't be very forgiving. He's on his own. Sometimes it's nice to have some help to take the load off. Sooner or later it will catch up with you. Price and Hullyebuk have that in common, no help from the D.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...so the Talking Heads on Leafsnet were just talking about the 2nd round matchup between the Laffs and Jets and how it will be a tough matchup...it's like the Oil and Habs/Flames don't even need to show up...Jebus, if there was ever a year when I wanna see the Laffs get pounded in the first round, it's this one...I truly wish I thought we could do it to them...I truly do...:(

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Jets always look like steaming turds when they play any other teams besides the habbies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Vancouver loses!
:pickle:
Funny how some of our posters were worried because although we were 10 pts ahead, Vancouver had 5 games in hand....like that shit team was gonna win all of them lol

It will be a 1st round matchup vs Leafs...should be fun!!

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->