Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

Kinda sucks. I heard Fox sports is getting in. Bleh.

Funny thing is, as bad as FOX News is, their sports coverage is top notch. Imagine if it was as controversial as their so-called news program. Tucker Carlson doing play by play with Sean Hannity as colour guy.
"That game was stolen from us: we heard the ref was bribed."
" All the fans are ready to riot; probably planted there by the opponent to make us look bad."

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Funny thing is, as bad as FOX News is, their sports coverage is top notch. Imagine if it was as controversial as their so-called news program. Tucker Carlson doing play by play with Sean Hannity as colour guy.
" All the fans are ready to riot; probably planted there by the opponent to make us look bad."

:laugh:

Yea, they're sports coverage has nothing to do with their news network. Same owners, but two separate entities.

It's similar to TNT and CNN. Both are owned by Turner, but there is no crossover.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
That's excellent work :)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
On a side note, for years ESPN's website navigation had NHL buried deep under "..." section. Now that they got the rights, look at their home page. :laugh:

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.37.18 PM.png

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
McDavid on pace for 99 points in 56 games. Hope he gets 100 points, that would be quite an accomplishment.

Now pacing for 144 over an 82 game season. Yzerman numbers... insane for this day and age.

Although I'll be the first to say that what he's doing is exceptional, I have to say that I take that success with a grain of salt.
Let's not forget he's playing in the worse division in the NHL. I don't think he achieves such a height in production if he had to play stronger teams. Same thing with Matthews' goal-scoring. I think they are respectively the best producer and the best goal-scorer in the league, don't get me wrong, but I believe the numbers are inflated, to some extent.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Hurricanes become the 4th team to clinch a spot in the playoffs. They are the first from the Eastern Conference, even though that doesn't really exist this year.

Vegas, Colorado, Minnesota, and Carolina will be in the playoffs.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sens sign another of their 2020 picks. This time, their 2nd round pick and 33rd overall Roby Jarventie:

From their 2020 class, they've signed Stutzle, Jarventie, Greig, Sokolov, and Reinhardt.

And we know they'll be signing Sanderson at some point. But he's going back to North Dakota for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad