Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I would rather eat a microwaved turd than cheer for that shit franchise.
Most detestable team in the league. f*** every single one of them. I'd rather have Bergevin and Timmins run the show for another 9 years than support the Sens.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Was just reading this on twitter, so the Jackets traded a 1st to Vegas so they wouldn't pick Anderson in the expansion draft, only of course to end up trading him for Domi and a 3rd, and now Domi is in the doghouse. Vegas trades that 1st round pick (24th OA) and a 3rd round pick to the Jets to move up in the draft to pick Suzuki only to end up trading him, Tatar and a 2nd for Pac.
that is wild

Reactions: DAChampion

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Was just reading this on twitter, so the Jackets traded a 1st to Vegas so they wouldn't pick Anderson in the expansion draft, only of course to end up trading him for Domi and a 3rd, and now Domi is in the doghouse. Vegas trades that 1st round pick (24th OA) and a 3rd round pick to the Jets to move up in the draft to pick Suzuki only to end up trading him, Tatar and a 2nd for Pac.

Columbus sent the Horton contract to Vegas. It might have been a condition that they chose Karlsson over Anderson as part of it, but that 1st wasn't solely to protect Anderson

Edit: sorry, Clarkson's contract

Last edited:

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Hoping for a Colorado collapse in the conference final due to terrible goaltending, and Sakic comes back hat in hand asking for Price

so you’re telling me there’s a chance?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Everyone hoping for Calgary and Vancouver to be fighting for a playoff spot are really shooting for the moon. It's a long shot for both teams.

Reactions: jaffy27

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Not a chance they go on a 6 game winning streak....this team will fizzle out quickly, I’m not even sweating a drop over a possible comeback from the Nucks :popcorn:
Same for the flames.

As inconsistent as the habs have been all year, the Nucks and Flames have been consistently poor in their performance.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not a chance they go on a 6 game winning streak....this team will fizzle out quickly, I’m not even sweating a drop over a possible comeback from the Nucks :popcorn:

Yeah, I see the Canucks as no threat. They weren't good before Covid hit them and now all of a sudden with a super crazy schedule they are supposed to run the table? Not happening.

Canucks and Flames play each other 4 times as well, which unless one team sweeps all those games or they are all 3 point games, helps us.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah, I see the Canucks as no threat. They weren't good before Covid hit them and now all of a sudden with a super crazy schedule they are supposed to run the table? Not happening.

Canucks and Flames play each other 4 times as well, which unless one team sweeps all those games or they are all 3 point games, helps us.
Excellent point!!

Essentially their hopes are as bleak as life on Pluto

Reactions: Tuggy

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Excellent point!!

Essentially their hopes are as bleak as life on Pluto

If the Habs were a mere .500 team, both of them will have no chance. The problem is, Habs are a 1 win in 3-4 games type of team right now.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If the Habs were a mere .500 team, both of them will have no chance. The problem is, Habs are a 1 win in 3-4 games type of team right now.
That's the thing, for as bad as the Habs have been, if they can just string together a few wins they could lock up their playoff spot. Its easier said than done with this team but they can do it if they start playing consistent.

Reactions: Andy

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Sens will be trouble in the near future, though.

There will be lot of troubles when COVID will be over. TB is not going anywhere. Florida has a legit 1st line center monster for many years to come and if they can add good depth they will be hard to beat. Toronto i'm sorry but habs fans don't give them enough respect. They have holes and we might be able to beat them in a 7 games series but in a 82 games seasons they are ahead of us by a fair margin. Very strong top 4. One of the best center line in the league. They have some interesting young players like Sandin and Robertson.

I think Hall will be a good fit in Boston he wont have the pressure to be the guy. Bergeron and Krejci are getting older but so are Weber and Petry. They still have a solid team. And like you said Ottawa is looking promising. I'm pretty sure Dorion will f*** it up but if they can put a good GM at the head of this team ... the other divison in jam packed too you can't expect to make the playoffs by finishing 5th in the Atlantic. I personally think COVID makes us look better than we really are.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Flames are definitely still an issue though.

These next 3 games against them could really tip the scales.

They need to win the 3 games though and i don't think it's happening. If they win 2 they will still be 6 points behind with one more game played so still in a bad position. If they win the 3 games though that will change the picture but again don't see it happening.

Reactions: Tuggy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They need to win the 3 games though and i don't think it's happening. If they win 2 they will still be 6 points behind with one more game played so still in a bad position. If they win the 3 games though that will change the picture but again don't see it happening.

The flames margin for error is very thin, but one thing they have going for them is that they have convincingly outplayed the habs every single time aside from the first meeting of the year, which obviously increases their odds of winning the head to head battles as the habs just can't seem to find answers against them.

Reactions: sj315

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The flames margin for error is very thin, but one thing they have going for them is that they have convincingly outplayed the habs every single time aside from the first meeting of the year, which obviously increases their odds of winning the head to head battles as the habs just can't seem to find answers against them.
Not too hard to outgrind and outskill a D corps led by the Sasquatch statues of Weber and Chia pet.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Jul 6, 2016
The Flames are definitely still an issue though.

These next 3 games against them could really tip the scales.

Watch out for Vancouver ! They could pass both Calgary and Habs in the last stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->