Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Would never compare someone to Orr, that's too high a barometer.

Lidstrom, to me at least, is simply not a good stylistic comparison though I'd put him at #2 all-time.

Essentially I think Makar can be top 10 all time, possibly top 5, so long as he continues to refine his game defensively.
Players just don't age as well as they used to due to the quality of competition being so much higher. Every 3 years we're seeing new "best young dmen" in the league. Karlsson, Doughty and Subban are supposed to still be competing for the Norris and are basically done at 31 years old. Nobody will ever touch Harvey, Orr, Lidstrom again. Nobody was even touching Lidstrom in the league until he was 42 and slowed down.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Dallas tied the game in the third and then beat Detroit in OT.

After two periods they were down 1-0. They outshot Detroit 41-6 through two periods.

Reactions: Holystik

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Everyone hoping for Calgary and Vancouver to be fighting for a playoff spot are really shooting for the moon. It's a long shot for both teams.

If Flames win on monday, they'll be 2 points behind the habs, with 1 less game to play.

If Vancouver wins tonight, they'll be 8 points behind with 5 games in hand.

Habs are not a lock, especially with how bad they've been trending.

Reactions: DAChampion

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Couple of things lol..
Harvey had SEVEN Norris trophies.. Lidstrom had 7, Bobby orr had 8
Just getting like 3 today puts you in the hall of fame, those other 3 are uncatchable legends
But, who is comparing people to the great Doug Harvey who hasnt played since 1969 in this day and age? lol

I guess im just surprised you didnt say the names Lidstrom or Orr first as they are much more recent players lol
Fun fact: Harvey would've had more. The award wasn't around for him to win it or he would've. He had two first team AS finishes before the award existed. Also, Harvey had five top 5 Hart finishes. Guy was a monster.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
They need to win the 3 games though and i don't think it's happening. If they win 2 they will still be 6 points behind with one more game played so still in a bad position. If they win the 3 games though that will change the picture but again don't see it happening.

Still feeling that way now??

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Canucks win!

The Canucks and Flames sold pieces at the deadline and they will both pass us

I don't think both of them will pass us, but it is very likely that one of them will pass us; my bet would be on Vancouver. Those two teams will play against each other 4 times when the Habs regular season would already be over. If one of those 2 teams can get 6+ points against the other team, they will either tie (and get more ROW) or pass us.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don't think both of them will pass us, but it is very likely that one of them will pass us; my bet would be on Vancouver. Those two teams will play against each other 4 times when the Habs regular season would already be over. If one of those 2 teams can get 6+ points against the other team, they will either tie (and get more ROW) or pass us.

Vancouver is 6 W - 1 L vs Ottawa this year...they play them April 26th and 28th.. ..win both and things get interesting..

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If Flames win on monday, they'll be 2 points behind the habs, with 1 less game to play.

If Vancouver wins tonight, they'll be 8 points behind with 5 games in hand.

Habs are not a lock, especially with how bad they've been trending.

We’re screwed if we don’t win Monday IMO. 4 games against the Leafs, 2 against the Senators who we struggle hard against. 2 against the Oilers have been giving us all kinds of problems lately. It just doesn’t look good. I think a lot of people couldbe upset when this team potentially completes the cliff dive.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I just look about david savard transaction. Imo there is a little collusion right there. Steve yzerman helped tampa litterally. Maybe because they are friend. Imo. That kind of 3 way trade should be impossible

Attachments

• BA8CF24D-76F7-46E3-913C-4CA2F3745599.png
    BA8CF24D-76F7-46E3-913C-4CA2F3745599.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 4

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I just look about david savard transaction. Imo there is a little collusion right there. Steve yzerman helped tampa litterally. Maybe because they are friend. Imo. That kind of 3 way trade should be impossible

The Foligno trade was very similar with San Jose getting a 4th round pick to take on salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad