Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Correct.

But it doesn't make Dougie Hamilton wrong in saying it.

There is a difference with using LTIR for someone who is done playing than it is for someone who is out and back JUST in time for the playoffs when the cap doesn't matter anymore.
No it’s the same. Both are cup circumventing in their intent

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Kinda ironic that this twitter post was promoted financially by Molson Canadian. Lol a subtle troll job?
upload_2021-6-10_17-12-9.png

Reactions: dinodebino

Jul 6, 2016
Is there a specific reason why the salary cap is not applied during the PO?

Only Bettman and God knows... Possibly because players are not receiving their pay during Playoffs, just bonuses.

Jul 6, 2016

His value definitely took a major hit. I would love him here.

X-Eichel-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

Going forward looks very good. I've got no clue how much he would cost, maybe something like Kotkaniemi+Guhle+1st+Drouin? It doesn't seem like much for a player of Eichel's calibre, but I don't think he will net a giant return like he would have last year.

That being said, I think other teams could also offer some offers of that value.

I would not touch Eichel with a ten-foot pole. I'd rather have a young centerman like Barzal or Point or Aho.

Reactions: Walrus26

sj315

Dec 5, 2017
June 7, MTL to semi-final, 4-0;
June 8, TB to semi-final, 4-1;
June 9, NYI to semi-final, 4-2;
What's next, June 10 or 4-3?

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Only Bettman and God knows... Possibly because players are not receiving their pay during Playoffs, just bonuses.

Yeah I get that, and as a way of controlling total spending within the league it makes sense.
But not when it comes to parity, which may not have been stated as the intention of the Salary Cap, but surely was seen as a nice by-product of it.

Either way, should be an easy loop hole to fix to avoid even more creative circumvention in the future.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No it’s the same. Both are cup circumventing in their intent

Different scenarios.

Weber hypothetically on LTIR because his playing days are done is cap relief. He's done. He's not coming back. Same with Hossa. Same with Pronger and other players whose playing days were over.

Kucherov being on LTIR and then activated just in time for the playoffs when the cap doesn't matter anymore is more cap circumvention than cap relief.

Tampa didn't do anything illegal. They took advantage of this loophole.

But this is why whenever a team places a player on LTIR when they're retired isn't a story, but what Tampa did this year with Kucherov is.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not much Taylor Hall talk anymore....1-empty net goal was all he could muster vs Isles, when the Bruins needed him to step it up...

Reactions: dinodebino

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Not much Taylor Hall talk anymore....1-empty net goal was all he could muster vs Isles, when the Bruins needed him to step it up...
Like Subban, his regression has been staggering. I know both had injuries but I wouldn't have predicted their scoring to drop off as much as they did. Hall"s regular season stats arent terrible but hes not the same player as in 17-18.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Beautiful pass by him last night. Set up what would've been a wide open tap in but his linemate blew it. He was a good pickup for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad