Attachments

• CN-tower-1.jpg
    CN-tower-1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No.

If Price plays like he did against TO, the habs will win this series.

Love the optimistic prediction.

If Price continues that level of play, we've got a shot, for sure... But barring a third straight round where opponents lose a few key players, hard to see us taking 4 from either Colorado or Vegas

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

If Price continues that level of play, we've got a shot, for sure... But barring a third straight round where opponents lose a few key players, hard to see us taking 4 from either Colorado or Vegas
and we might have lost Petry for a few games ourselves so...

Reactions: MasterDecoy

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
and we might have lost Petry for a few games ourselves so...

Indeed... Lady luck is fickle and we have far less wiggle room than either of our opponents to deal with it going against us instead of heavily for us.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Habs are clear underdogs for sure either way, but I have liked their ability to overcome injuries of their own so far. Gallagher clearly came back earlier because its the playoffs. He's been a shell of himself, but the team continues to move ahead regardless.

Weber is dealing with a bad hand which reportedly requires surgery, but he's found a way to be effective, although it likely affects his shot from becoming a bigger weapon.

Petry is probably the hardest guy to replace to replace on the back end, but they just had their most dominating win without him.

When Evans goes down, the habs bring in a similar player player who goes on to score a couple big goals in the series.

Another guy who I think may be labouring is Anderson. I'll be interested to see how he responds to this healing time.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yup, he's pretty on point with this. It's ridiculous that they're close to 100M in cap in POs.
I don't know why the league doesn't react faster. Talk about an unfair advantage. Imagine we could add Stamkos and Kucherov to our current line up? That's 18M in cap.
I agree, I hope the league makes some type of change. Maybe just enact the same cap rule as the offseason where teams can only go 10% over the cap. Tampa is the wakeup call the league needs.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I agree, I hope the league makes some type of change. Maybe just enact the same cap rule as the offseason where teams can only go 10% over the cap. Tampa is the wakeup call the league needs.

IMO, the bigger injustice is no state income tax really gives the Bolts (and Panthers) a competitive advantage. Not sure how they’d handle it, but I think the salary cap should be a little more dynamic for teams who are burdened with state or provincial taxes and adjust the caps based in this percentage per team.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
IMO, the bigger injustice is no state income tax really gives the Bolts (and Panthers) a competitive advantage. Not sure how they’d handle it, but I think the salary cap should be a little more dynamic for teams who are burdened with state or provincial taxes and adjust the caps based in this percentage per team.
would make it harder to complete trade as salaries would not have the same value everywhere.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, I didn’t think of that, but it’d be great if some middle ground can be found.
in TB case everyone knew Kucheror was resting for the year, not recovering from some injury... league led it slide for some reason. Have to fix that hole cause I can see other teams doing the same.

Imagine next season Marner is on IR the whole year and TML manage to sign 2 top 6 F and a good D with that $...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->