Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
in TB case everyone knew Kucheror was resting for the year, not recovering from some injury... league led it slide for some reason. Have to fix that hole cause I can see other teams doing the same.

Imagine next season Marner is on IR the whole year and TML manage to sign 2 top 6 F and a good D with that $...

Maybe in Marner’s case, they’ll put him on IR for the playoffs :sarcasm:

How do we know they didn't cheat?

I meant more like they used the existing cap rules to their advantage. The actual injury and health reports I can’t say.

Reactions: donghabs98

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
the NHL can close the loop-hole if they want.

You can LTIR however much you want but the roster you ice in regular season or play-offs must fit under the salary cap. If it doesn't, you cannot play with that roster.
So simple

it’s been done multiple times before, but I feel like this year, tampa might have overdone it, and there’s finally gonna be some pushback on this and I’m expecting a rule change on this

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Thanks, glad to see you guys in the final 4 as well.

Since you beat the Leaves and we beat the whiny Bruins, you wanna touch tips or something?

Hopefully we’ll see you in the SCF.

Only if you buy us dinner first. We may be underdogs, but we're not easy. ;)

Congrats on your victory over the Bruins. Now please go squash the Bolts.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E3iZkzeXEAUKhxP

He is not wrong.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Also everyone should be careful what they wish for with changes the rules. There may be a chance that when Weber is ready to retire that he may go on IR for the remainder of his years.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Every team can benefit by the same loopholes Tampa used. It’s not exclusive to them.

Yep. Tampa was only able to do it because Kucherov had a surgery in December with a ~6 months recovery. Perfect timing for him to only be ready for the playoff...

For next season, with 19 signed players, they are a bit over 5m over cap. The Kraken will help a bit, but probably not enough. They will have to trade and get cheaper pieces... Unless Stamkos gets a long term injury again. ;)

Jul 6, 2016
Yep. Tampa was only able to do it because Kucherov had a surgery in December with a ~6 months recovery. Perfect timing for him to only be ready for the playoff...

For next season, with 19 signed players, they are a bit over 5m over cap. The Kraken will help a bit, but probably not enough. They will have to trade and get cheaper pieces... Unless Stamkos gets a long term injury again. ;)

They basically have to get rid of Johnson's contract + a third or fourth liner.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Also everyone should be careful what they wish for with changes the rules. There may be a chance that when Weber is ready to retire that he may go on IR for the remainder of his years.
forever on the IR without retiring shouldn't be a thing anyway imo

Reactions: Andy

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Every team can benefit by the same loopholes Tampa used. It’s not exclusive to them.

Correct.

But it doesn't make Dougie Hamilton wrong in saying it.

There is a difference with using LTIR for someone who is done playing than it is for someone who is out and back JUST in time for the playoffs when the cap doesn't matter anymore.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think the problem with the Kucherov case is that they were in big trouble and werent able to trade the players they wanted

So Kucherov entered LITR an entire season due to an injury... at this point , No problem but the fact he was ready to play game 1 in the playoff and didnt even look rusty is a bit weird but stil it's not against the rules.

But people wouldnt be mad if Kucherov missed like the first round and the first 2 games of the second round , that mean his injury was not recovered. But yeah it looks weird

NHL gotta fix this shit , + Tampa is on easy mode with the tax system to sign players at less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad