Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If you say so, but Colorado missed about 5 gifted golden scoring opportunities yesterday, they could have easily scored 8 goals.

Well, Winnipeg hit a bunch of posts and crossbars on us. It is what it is. No team is perfect, but while I'm predicting the Habs in 6, it's mostly because I'm just being hopeful and a fan. I fully realize we are pretty significant underdogs here.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Well, Winnipeg hit a bunch of posts and crossbars on us. It is what it is. No team is perfect, but while I'm predicting the Habs in 6, it's mostly because I'm just being hopeful and a fan. I fully realize we are pretty significant underdogs here.
I know they did, I'm just saying that we can more easily see our own flaws and ignore other teams' flaws.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Avs got a reality check. Talent is good but it’s not everything. You need a mix.

makar, Girard, Toews, Byram is sexy on paper and regular season, but in playoffs, you need big body that can clear the crease and deliver pain.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not much Taylor Hall talk anymore....1-empty net goal was all he could muster vs Isles, when the Bruins needed him to step it up...

tenor.gif

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Avs got a reality check. Talent is good but it’s not everything. You need a mix.

makar, Girard, Toews, Byram is sexy on paper and regular season, but in playoffs, you need big body that can clear the crease and deliver pain.

I get high flying players and spectacular goals makes the highlights and gets fans pumped, but building a team like EA NHL with elite 20-something year olds with 90+ ratings doesn't work in real life.

While I still insist teams like Montreal can benefit from both offensive and defensive superstars, you need players who will go into the trenches, take hits, give hits and sacrifice personal stats to help the team.

In Colorado's case, having Grubauer play at least as a 0.900 goaltender would had helped...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah all teams make mistakes but this Vegas team has very few weaknesses.

They honestly scare me more then anyone left in the playoffs right now. A diverse group of forwards that allows them to play any style they want, a strong defence and a goaltender that makes the saves he has too with another guy who could be a starting goalie behind him if he fails. They should walk all over us with ease. It comes down to Price really. But he can only do so much.

Reactions: Tyson

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not much Taylor Hall talk anymore....1-empty net goal was all he could muster vs Isles, when the Bruins needed him to step it up...

He looked better than the rest of the Bruins forwards outside first line. He has things that can help this team.

I get high flying players and spectacular goals makes the highlights and gets fans pumped, but building a team like EA NHL with elite 20-something year olds with 90+ ratings doesn't work in real life.

While I still insist teams like Montreal can benefit from both offensive and defensive superstars, you need players who will go into the trenches, take hits, give hits and sacrifice personal stats to help the team.

In Colorado's case, having Grubauer play at least as a 0.900 goaltender would had helped...

Can't win without offensive/defensive superstars either.

The cup winners from the last 20+ years show you need both, the high flying types that can create something out of nothing or the perennial top 5 defensemen and the complimentary players to grind it out.

Jul 6, 2016
If you say so, but Colorado missed about 5 gifted golden scoring opportunities yesterday, they could have easily scored 8 goals.

Right. Nushuchkin will have nightmares for a while after Fleury stopped two of his shots in the 3rd that could had turn the result of the game down the road.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

It's the same thing every year. Big, physical, hard to play against teams making mincemeat out of the high skill, high talent teams that excel in the regular season. Time and space goes out the window in the playoffs.

Reactions: Walrus26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad