Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I didn't think that goal was really a bad one, but Smith has been pretty poor in the highlights I've seen this year, when doing my goals against review. Although, with how much equipment this big swine has on and the Yokozuna sized jersey he wears, it's almost hard to to say he can allow a goal without having any chance on it, as he looks like he takes up almost the entire trapezoid, let alone the net.

The goal that Greiss just gave up is probably gonna be the worst we see tonight.

My problem with that goal is he first reacted nowhere near where Marchand shot it.

If he reacted to the shot and got beat so be it, it happens. But he just tucked his arm in like he was going high and left a gaping hole short side. Maybe Marchand is just that deceptive about where he shoots, but it seems like that is consistently happening for Smith. It's almost looks like he's guessing on a lot of shots.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My problem with that goal is he first reacted nowhere near where Marchand shot it.

If he reacted to the shot and got beat so be it, it happens. But he just tucked his arm in like he was going high and left a gaping hole short side. Maybe Marchand is just that deceptive about where he shoots, but it seems like that is consistently happening for Smith. It's almost looks like he's guessing on a lot of shots.
His reactions have always been poor. He just stands there and lets the puck hit him.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess NYb plays tomorrow night against the Kings.

I thought Trotz was playing Das Schieese because he think he’s the starter. He did start him in the first couple games in the season over Lehner.

He better not play that bum in non-back to backs again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for the night. And man, there were some BAD goals allowed, especially in the two late games by Rask and Greiss. This is probably gonna be a fairly long post for only 4 games.

Rangers vs Capitals: Lundqvist allows 4 goals. I'll accept a screen on the first goal. The second goal, which was Ovechkin's first of the game was pretty stoppable. I feel like he was in well enough position by the time the shot came for this one to be counted as stoppable. It just sneaks through him on the short side. Either at the post or right through him and it went in cleanly. Second Ovechkin goal was another one timer, but he didn't have enough time to be in position for this one, so I'm counting that as a no chance. The OT winner is hard for me to ding him on. It went off his glove and laid in front of the net for a rebound. If that puck had come out of his glove, I would have slashed him for a stoppable on this one, but it looked like he swatted it with his glove on the initial shot. He never had it in his glove. So he allows 4 goals and 1 stoppable one. Holtby allows 3 goals and had no chance on any of them.

Blues vs Canadiens: First goal on Allen is a BAD goal. It was a backhander that went through the 5-hole. He looked like a beer leaguer on that play. Second goal on him was a definite screen, third goal on him he had no chance at all, but the one softy is the difference in this game and the 3-2 loss. Allen allows 3 goals and 1 stoppable one, Price allows 2 goals and no chance on either.

Bruins vs Flames: Rask allows 3 goals and my goodness, two of them were stoppable and one was horrific. THIS is the softy of the night, as bad as the one Greiss allowed was. I tried to find the deflection, but just couldn't. No chance on goal 1, goal 2 was a puck that he had, but somehow lost it and this created a rebound and a goal. That's not even poor rebound control, that's just poor everything. And goal 3 was pathetic. This is one of the softest goals of the year that I've seen so far and you know I've been reviewed ALL of them. A harmless wrist shot that goes in, off of his glove and pops up behind him and into the net. The two bad goals came less than a minute apart. Rask allows 3 goals and 2 extra stoppable ones. Smith allows 2 goals and I feel like he didn't have a chance on either.

Islanders vs Ducks: Greiss allows 3 goals and he's another one that allowed two very brutal goals tonight. No chance on goal 1, but goal 2 was a very long shot that just beat him cleanly and not an acceptable enough screen. Goal 3 beat him on a dead angle and hit the post, Henrique gets the rebound and an easy goal. The first shot shouldn't have went over him on the short side and definitely not from a dead angle and on or slightly behind the goal line. Greiss allows 3 goals and 2 stoppable ones, Gibson with the shutout.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe the season so far. And he missed the rebound-for-good-measure "goal" too LOL!
Matt Murray allowed a really BAD goal to Brooks Orpik on opening night, that just beat him 5-hole cleanly from WAYYYY out. That one and a goal Georgiev allowed in the game he played for the Rangers against the Hurricanes are the two worst I had seen, that was until tonight.

The Greiss goal (the second he allowed) really sucked, then there was another after that happened that was also BRUTAL.

But this one from Rask tonight was the worst I think I've seen yet. Somebody needs to upload the Jussi Valimaki goal from tonight. I thought it would be on youtube, as it was his first career goal, but it's not as of yet. Some of you know how to upload goals from NHL.com, but I don't know how to do it. You gotta see that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

After watching Rask in that same game, I find it hard to critique Smith's goaltending at the other end tonight. That second goal on Rask (forgot who scored it) was bad, but the Valimaki goal was possibly the worst I've seen this year. It's between that the Brooks Orpik goal on Murray on opening night. It's gonna be hard to find a more laughable goal on a goalie than that for the month of October, at the very least.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I’ll leave it to Bleedred to prove me right or wrong here, but it seems like Panthers goaltending has been pretty bad to start the year, especially without Luongo. They may not be in a playoff position by November, which historically has been accurate in predicting most of its teams in a given season.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Fla is really sucking again at the start of this season. That franchise is apparently cursed. While you can’t win anything in the first couple of weeks you can put yourself in a hole that’s hard to climb out of. They should have learned that last year.

Way too early for a proclamation

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
and keith kinkaid leads starting goalies in every meaningful stat today. dd isn't on the main board he's one of the most prolific posters here and he declared his preference for hart over kinkaid quite assertively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad