Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
have no problem with it honestly but the hart comment looks especially good given where they are at the moment

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
have no problem with it honestly but the hart comment looks especially good given where they are at the moment
He also thought Wedgewood was better than Kinkaid less than a year ago.

Wedgewood is one of the worst pro goalies in North American pro hockey.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ll leave it to Bleedred to prove me right or wrong here, but it seems like Panthers goaltending has been pretty bad to start the year, especially without Luongo. They may not be in a playoff position by November, which historically has been accurate in predicting most of its teams in a given season.
I’ve always thought Reimer was a bag of shit. Sharks fans tried to get me to eat crow over a 10 game stretch or whatever it was that he played there. He tends to look even worse on the eyes than the stats. So many pucks leak through his butterfly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Far be it for me to be an I told you so on bad fortune for one of my favs (Luongo) but let's just say you shouldn't be surprised when a 39-year old butterfly goalie gets hurt, and when his mediocre at best backup is mediocre at best.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This pathetically soft goal needs to be shared. It's finally posted.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They tied the game in the 2nd but senior NHL official Earl Hebner overturned the call.
And then Greiss killed them with double softies.

God, that guy sucks. He should not play in non-back to backs over Lehner again. I know last night was a back to back, but Trotz played Greiss to start the season.

Guy sucks.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And then Greiss killed them with double softies.

God, that guy sucks. He should not play in non-back to backs over Lehner again. I know last night was a back to back, but Trotz played Greiss to start the season.

Guy sucks.
But the ironic part is that in the opening game against Carolina he basically stole them the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But the ironic part is that in the opening game against Carolina he basically stole them the game.
He's still more bad than good.

It's very rare he's been the best goaltender on his team and he's certainly no better than Lehner.

The one year he was better than Halak was a FLUKE season. A fluke season in which Garth was duped into thinking he was a starting goalie. It takes a shit goaltender like Garth was to think another mediocre goaltender like Greiss is a starter.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He's still more bad than good.

It's very rare he's been the best goaltender on his team and he's certainly no better than Lehner.

The one year he was better than Halak was a FLUKE season. A fluke season in which Garth was duped into thinking he was a starting goalie. It takes a **** goaltender like Garth was to think another mediocre goaltender like Greiss is a starter.
The series vs Florida is what caused Garth to buy into the idea he was a legit #1. Obviously he made a terrible decision.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Kings just aren't a good team this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Housley isn't fired tonight, the Sabres PK coach might be.

Giving up all these goals on the PP to the Sharks? Their PP is coached by Steve Spott and usually can't score.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Kings are not good, they're a pretender team this year.

In before DD says that NYb won and blew them because Lou had them ready to play and squash them to stick it to Kovalchuk.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for the night, starting with our game.

Avalanche vs Devils: Grubauer allows 3 goals and I thought he had no chance on any of them. Kinkaid allows 4 goals. No chance on the first 3, but was kind of stoppable, but certainly not terrible. It was one timed, but it just misses his glove. That's the only stoppable goal out of the 8 he's allowed this season. It was bound to happen at some point.

Coyotes vs Blackhawks: Crawford plays his first game of the season. Allows 3 goals and didn't have a chance on any of them. Raanta allows 1 goal and had no chance on it.

Canucks vs Jets: Nilsson allows 4 goals and 1 stoppable one. Hellebuyck allows 1 goal and it's a pretty stoppable one. He's looked pretty poor to me this year.

Bruins vs Oilers: Talbot allows 2 goals and 1 stoppable one. Halak allows 3 goals and no chance on any.

Islanders vs Kings: Quick allows 7 goals and has no chance on literally any of them. This is a bad blowout that I can't find any fault on the goalie. Lehner allows 2 goals and 1 stoppable one.

Sabres vs Sharks: Hutton allows 4 goals, no chance on any of them. Jones allows 1 goal and no chance on it.

Flyers vs Blue Jackets: This was easily the worst goaltended game of the night. Bobrovsky allows 3 goals and 2 of them were stoppable. Pickard allows 5 goals and 3 of them are stoppable. Two 5-hole goals and then a dead angle goal from behind the goal line. Bobrovsky allows a pathetic, clear sighted wrist shot, with not a whole lot on it go past his glove. The Blue Jackets announcer didn't even like this one. Then he allows a wraparound goal from behind the goal line. I was gonna say that soft wrist shot on Bobrovsky was the softy of the night, but it's that Sonny Milano dead angle goal on Pickard that gets the softy of the night.

Penguins vs Maple Leafs: Andersen allows 1 goal and it's a BAD BAD BAD BAD dead angle goal between the 5-hole from Malkin. I think this might be the softy of the night, after seeing that. Either this one or the Milano goal on Pickard. I don't care if it's Malkin, this was the most stoppable goal that happened tonight. Murray gets the shutout.

Red Wings vs Lightning: Howard allows 2 goals, no chance on either. Vasilevskiy allows 1 goal and had no chance on it.

A couple of awful dead angle goals for softy of the night. Either that Sonny Milano goal on Pickard or that Malkin goal on Andersen. It's a dead heat.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Islanders put up a big number on the Russian Queens. Looks like DD's prediction of NYb being a tough team to play against are coming to fruition. He's convinced me to meet him at Resorts in Atlantic City today and we're both going to put 100$ on Islanders vs. Panthers for the conference final.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Uh, I mean they've played like 3 fewer games than everyone else in the division except the Devils. It's not like they are 2-7 or something.

Someone jumped the gun with NYb's freefall, they had a solid road win last night.

Good to see Philly get whipped, but they will be out for blood on Saturday against us.
Hynes has to have our guys ready for Philly's douchery from the drop of the puck

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Islanders put up a big number on the Russian Queens. Looks like DD's prediction of NYb being a tough team to play against are coming to fruition. He's convinced me to meet him at Resorts in Atlantic City today and we're both going to put 100$ on Islanders vs. Panthers for the conference final.
They actually as a team overall look a lot better than last season's Dead Weight Cavalcade of Total Suck. It's amazing what good coaching can do. They have a brutal opening month schedule with 7 of 9 on the road and the west coast trip. If they enter November around .500 they could end up being competitive this season. The last 6 weeks of their season is loaded with home games and (this is the important part) they will all be at the Coliseum which is a huge home ice advantage. It's not the likely outcome but is in no way outsides the bounds of possibility.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They actually as a team overall look a lot better than last season's Dead Weight Cavalcade of Total Suck. It's amazing what good coaching can do. They have a brutal opening month schedule with 7 of 9 on the road and the west coast trip. If they enter November around .500 they could end up being competitive this season. The last 6 weeks of their season is loaded with home games and (this is the important part) they will all be at the Coliseum which is a huge home ice advantage. It's not the likely outcome but is in no way outsides the bounds of possibility.

They can definitely be a playoff team of Lou picks up a few pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad