Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Love Henriks little tantrums when he losses. Yea I know lots of goalies do it but the little swat of the puck and storming off the ice with his little rage twitches are delightful

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good lord, I'd almost forgotten some of the useless slugs we had that year. I forgot Adam Mair even played for us much less 65 games. And Pelley played 74 games that year?

Not to mention the bad Palmieri being on the first line lol

While Washington returned almost all their players from last year, I think not having Trotz is going to hurt them

In the long run perhaps, probably not too much in the short run though. In the short run it gives them another little something to prove.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Good lord, I'd almost forgotten some of the useless slugs we had that year. I forgot Adam Mair even played for us much less 65 games. And Pelley played 74 games that year?

Lou always needs to make room for Rod Pelley.

I've totally forgot Rostislav Olesz was here. And Bobby Farnhams incomprehensible goal outburst

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I maintain that Rod Pelley is probably the worst player to ever play for us that wasn't a goon. who had a full time role/roster spot. Especially when you consider he had a permanent spot for multiple years. Maybe not when you go back to the 80's, but certainly from the 90's onward.

He was such a terrible player. Just looking at his face, it totally screamed ''BAD HOCKEY PLAYER''.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Love Henriks little tantrums when he losses. Yea I know lots of goalies do it but the little swat of the puck and storming off the ice with his little rage twitches are delightful

Yeah they can't lose enough for me this year, rebuild or no rebuild after they've had a decade straight as a contender.

Another goalie exit I kind of giggle at was Tim Thomas just streaking off the ice at turbo speed stage right.

Reactions: Dialamo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah pretty much. I joked one time (Game 6 against the Panthers) that I'd be making a Tim Thomas style exit from the stands and the arena stage right if the Devils lost in OT and got eliminated.

All kidding aside, he did also try to cheer up a crying fan a year or two later after they got eliminated by the Caps so there's that.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I maintain that Rod Pelley is probably the worst player to ever play for us that wasn't a goon. who had a full time role/roster spot. Especially when you consider he had a permanent spot for multiple years. Maybe not when you go back to the 80's, but certainly from the 90's onward.

He was such a terrible player. Just looking at his face, it totally screamed ''BAD HOCKEY PLAYER''.

We were prolific then at finding guys who just outright couldn't score at all but were hard working lunch pale types that Lou loved. Tim Sestito got into 100 games as a forward for the Devils. Zero goals.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The Rags, Flyers, and Pens are more natural rivals on account of them being in the same division, but I will always have a special black part of my heart for the Bruins on account of them being a Boston team. So keep giving up goals to the Flames.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Rags, Flyers, and Pens are more natural rivals on account of them being in the same division, but I will always have a special black part of my heart for the Bruins on account of them being a Boston team. So keep giving up goals to the Flames.

I dislike the Bruins but Boston is a good city.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017

The Marchand incident last year. Plus that entire game was a hideous home cooking disaster at TD Garden and was in that period what literally every game the Devils had good goals called back. We were all pulling our hair our.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's something that annoys me about Bill Peters when looking at him. It must be his hair, he looks like a middle aged elementary schooler.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anaheim is a worse team than their record.

Carlyle needs to go.

Murray really killed some of their window with this re-tread hire.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why wasn't the whistle blown on that Islanders goal? It's stupid that it wasn't.

And dumbass Carlyle is challenging for goalie interference.

It shouldn't be goalie interference, but it should have been whistled. That's a bullshit call.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL these refs are awful.

They call that goal back for goalie interference. I don't think it was goalie interference at all, I just think they should have whistled it before that. So to make up for not whistling it, they agree with the goalie interference challenge. :laugh:

Maybe the puck still was loose, I need a better angle.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL Gteiss

Das Scheisse!!!!

I'm gonna say already that this is the softy of the night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Trotz is such a good head coach, why does he still think Greiss is his starting goaltender?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

@Bleedred

I'm starting to feel so bad for Flames fans after watching the goals Smith allows. He's not even reacting to where the puck is going? I'm honestly struggling to understand what he's thinking/doing on half of them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

@Bleedred

I'm starting to feel so bad for Flames fans after watching the goals Smith allows. He's not even reacting to where the puck is going? I'm honestly struggling to understand what he's thinking/doing on half of them.

I didn't think that goal was really a bad one, but Smith has been pretty poor in the highlights I've seen this year, when doing my goals against review. Although, with how much equipment this big swine has on and the Yokozuna sized jersey he wears, it's almost hard to to say he can allow a goal without having any chance on it, as he looks like he takes up almost the entire trapezoid, let alone the net.

The goal that Greiss just gave up is probably gonna be the worst we see tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->