Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looks like the Canes just bit the dust in regulation too.

Really looking forward to reviewing the goals against that shitbag James Reimer later on.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I've long wanted NBCSN to do their part and start airing more diverse teams, but I feel like Arizona/Minnesota is just a deliberate "here, see what happens when we don't show Chicago and Pittsburgh every other night?" kind of move.

It doesn't help that even Pierre, who usually handles every game with a fresh batch of ants in his pants, sounds like he absolutely hates being there right now.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I hope the Flyers never figure out this goal tending thing.

Even with the win, Hakstol might be rocketing closer to the top of my hot seat power rankings for coaches right now. I feel like we've watched them the same way under 3 straight coaches, though.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes. That was the Marty vs Cory year where for whatever reason they only scored for Marty.
I feel like we still score more for the non-Cory goalies, for whatever reason.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope the Flyers never figure out this goal tending thing.

Even with the win, Hakstol might be rocketing closer to the top of my hot seat power rankings for coaches right now. I feel like we've watched them the same way under 3 straight coaches, though.
I'm not sure who I have in my hot seat power rankings for coaches, but I feel like McLellan is the obvious choice, I like the Hakstol choice as well. I think he's a lame duck and was never extended. Unless they purposely didn't announce it, for fear of Flyers fans causing a riot and boycotting.

And Bruce Boudreau seems like another possibility. Minnesota made a GM change this offseason and Boudreau survived that, but this isn't the same regime that hired him and they could decide to can him and hire their own head coach if they keep floundering and getting outshot badly every night.

Mike Yeo seems to be another favorite for the hot seat right now.

Reactions: Dialamo

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm not sure who I have in my hot seat power rankings for coaches, but I feel like McLellan is the obvious choice, I like the Hakstol choice as well. I think he's a lame duck and was never extended. Unless they purposely didn't announce it, for fear of Flyers fans causing a riot and boycotting.

And Bruce Boudreau seems like another possibility. Minnesota made a GM change this offseason and Boudreau survived that, but this isn't the same regime that hired him and they could decide to can him and hire their own head coach if they keep floundering and getting outshot badly every night.

How the hell can you not have that clueless putz Phail Housley on your list? I didn't think it was possible for me to hate another human being as much as hate Peter Karmanos, I have daily fantasies of strangling him until the shit comes pouring out his nostrils on the steps of the Hartford Civic Center with a cheering and delirious crowd carrying me away like the quarterback who just won the state championship. My hatred of Phail and that other moron Botterelli is quickly reaching that level.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How the hell can you not have that clueless putz Phail Housley on your list? I didn't think it was possible for me to hate another human being as much as hate Peter Karmanos, I have daily fantasies of strangling him until the **** comes pouring out his nostrils on the steps of the Hartford Civic Center with a cheering and delirious crowd carrying me away like the quarterback who just won the state championship. My hatred of Phail and that other moron Botterelli is quickly reaching that level.
Do you think Housley is on the hot seat? I think he should be, but I wonder if Botterill is trying to hold out, since he's only allowed so many firings before he too gets the boot.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

We're only a handful of games in, but it really feels like there's going to be a lot of muck this year. So we may likely see next to no movement in coaching because of "parity"

McLellan and Yeo would be my top choices, though. The Blues needed the exact opposite of Yeo.

Flyers games are starting to remind of last year's Islanders games where every shot winds up in the back of somebody's net. That finally led the Isles to clean house, so maybe the Flyers go that route too.

The interesting ones to watch for me are LA and Stevens, because they look slow and disjointed. They didn't sign Kovy to maybe fight for a wild card spot.
And also... Boughner and the Panthers. They had that impressive run to end the season, but an awful start killed them. They weren't afraid to get rid of Gallant midseason (in humiliating fashion) -- so maybe they try and avoid letting a rough start put a dagger in their playoff hopes.

Maybe the Kings and Panthers don't fire their coaches, but I can't see either team sitting on their hands too long.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Glad Rawly lost in 3 periods.

Too bad FLA came back and got a point but it's good that if Philly was going to win it was not a ROW

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight, starting with our game.

Stars vs Devils: Khudobin allows 3 goals, thought he could have had the the Dea goal, not much of a chance on the other 2 goals. Kinkaid gets the shutout.

Canucks vs Penguins: Nilsson allows 2 goals and the first goal was really poor. Went right through his arm. No chance on the other goal. DeSmith allows 3 goals. Had no chance on the first two, but the OT winner was very poor. Went right through his arm.

Avalanche vs Rangers: Varlamov allows 2 goals, no chance on either. Lundqvist allows 2 goals, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Flyers: Hutchinson allows 5 goals and 1 stoppable goal. Elliott allows 4 goals and 1 stoppable one. Pickard allows 1 goal in relief and no chance on it.

Hurricanes vs Lightning: Domingue allows 2 goals and no chance on either. Mrazek allows 3 goals and 1 stoppable one.

Oilers vs Jets: Talbot allowed 4 goals and I don't think he really had a chance on any of them. Hellebuyck allowed 5 goals and I thought 2 were stoppable. The OT winner was a pretty weak goal to allow. Not sure how that got through him. I thought I watching Pavelec again in net for the Jets.

Coyotes vs Wild: Dubnyk allows 1 goal and it's a very poor one. From a dead angle and goes in with a little room left open on the short side. Kuemper allows 2 goals and the first goal was a very bad one. It's gotta be the softy of the night. No chance on the second goal, but that first one was really poor. Just a clean wrist shot from probably 50 feet out and goes past his glove.

Sabres vs Golden Knights: Hutton allows 3 goals and 1 is stoppable. Fleury allows 1 goal with 36 seconds left in the game, that erases his chance of a shutout and I feel like he should have had it. The rebound was poor and then goes through the 5-hole. He's taken out of the play, but the puck is already going in when the contact is made.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Glad Rawly lost in 3 periods.

Too bad FLA came back and got a point but it's good that if Philly was going to win it was not a ROW
6D7CE677-0B18-46DE-ADE7-8DAF4942B4F2.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're only a handful of games in, but it really feels like there's going to be a lot of muck this year. So we may likely see next to no movement in coaching because of "parity"

McLellan and Yeo would be my top choices, though. The Blues needed the exact opposite of Yeo.

Flyers games are starting to remind of last year's Islanders games where every shot winds up in the back of somebody's net. That finally led the Isles to clean house, so maybe the Flyers go that route too.

The interesting ones to watch for me are LA and Stevens, because they look slow and disjointed. They didn't sign Kovy to maybe fight for a wild card spot.
And also... Boughner and the Panthers. They had that impressive run to end the season, but an awful start killed them. They weren't afraid to get rid of Gallant midseason (in humiliating fashion) -- so maybe they try and avoid letting a rough start put a dagger in their playoff hopes.

Maybe the Kings and Panthers don't fire their coaches, but I can't see either team sitting on their hands too long.
I think Yeo sucks and always have, but I also feel like the Blues are a very weird team in that they're probably a top-10 roster in terms of talent, but also have a bottom-5 goalie tandem. Jake Allen is not a good starting goalie at all and Chad Johnson isn't good enough insurance for a mediocre starter like Jake Allen.

I definitely think Stevens could be on the hot seat, as I mentioned him the other night. They've been getting outplayed badly in a lot of their games. I personally don't see them as a team that's a legit threat to compete anymore, but they're also not bad enough to bottom out. They're a bubble team to me.

I'm not sure about the Panthers. I feel like they won't be so quick to pull the trigger on Boughner like they did to Gallant. It all depends on what the owners want to do, they obviously pull the strings there. I do feel like if they miss the playoffs this year (and I picked them to before the season started) that this is it for Tallon as the GM there. He might be kept in some kind of a role there, but I think he loses his GM position if they miss the playoffs this year. And I don't see anything special that Tallon has done down there, outside of drafting high picks. He also f***ed up the expansion draft for them. That was a horrid move.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good god

I actually thought the Panthers won in a shootout when I first saw the score. I guess I read that wrong.

Well, they can add up those two OT losses and pretend they have one win.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Correction from me

It was Hutchinson in net for the Panthers tonight, not Reimer.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets

lol Raanta must feel like Cory circa 2013-15.

Two historically awful starts to a season in a row for the Yotes. Biggest teases in the league.
How the hell can you not have that clueless putz Phail Housley on your list? I didn't think it was possible for me to hate another human being as much as hate Peter Karmanos, I have daily fantasies of strangling him until the **** comes pouring out his nostrils on the steps of the Hartford Civic Center with a cheering and delirious crowd carrying me away like the quarterback who just won the state championship. My hatred of Phail and that other moron Botterelli is quickly reaching that level.
Geez dude, tell us how you really feel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad