Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kovalchuk just scored and it's a nasty, stoppable goal on Sparks. It was a one timer, but it looked too much like James Reimer.

Sparks blows.

Camille the Eel

Really strange to see the Kings of all teams joining the track meet and trying to play with “pace.” It ends up looking frantic on their personnel. Everything rushed by what was the prototype puck possession, heavy team.

I don’t think the system suits their roster. With Doughty back there, why not let him try to run things and keep the game in front of him with the puck on his stick. They won’t beat Toronto at Toronto’s game. It’s not playing to their own strength.

I see so much of this right now. Everybody is trying to copy the Penguins system that we are also playing. It’s great if you’ve got the horses. But when you don’t it’s a mistake to play a system that doesn’t maximize your own talent.

L.A. should try to beat Toronto by imposing their own style of play on the Leafs. Not by trying to beat the Toronto at Toronto’s game.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
LA is kind of stuck in limbo with the contracts they have. It's hard to fully go the rebuild route when you've got guys like Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, Quick, etc. who probably only have a couple of elite years left in them. They kind of have to keep trying to go for it, but are still built in a way that's a step behind the truly elite teams.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
This Wings team is awful. Can't score, can't defend, no goaltending.

Easily the worst they've been since the Dead Wings era.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's hilarious that the Kings/Fox Sports West uses a Steve Cangialosi soundbite of Kovalchuk scoring an OT goal in a short clip promoting Kovalchuk/Kings.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
devs can beat them. they are playing tin can teams

Should be an interesting game. I definitely think the Devils can take them. Their defense and goaltending are worse than ours. But there is no doubt that it would be a high scoring affair.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This Wings team is awful. Can't score, can't defend, no goaltending.

Easily the worst they've been since the Dead Wings era.
The sad part is that I thought they would finish bottom 10 and not bottom 5, due to Holland making signings that seemed to keep them from completely bottoming out. Like Vanek and even upgrading the goaltending by signing Bernier and not just going with a tank goalie from the minor leagues like Jared Coreau, who they let walk.

But that was also before Zetterberg announced he wasn't playing anymore and he was still a good player, so maybe not having him is enough to completely bottom out.

Bernier has been as bad as any bad goalie I've watched this year. A bunch of softies the other day, I haven't even seen this one tonight.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The Senators sure are copying our style on offense this season, huh? They like going deep on offense just like the Devils. Boucher denies that he's copying Hynes, but come on.

It also helps their cause that Anderson has been very good, though.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Senators sure are copying our style on offense this season, huh? They like going deep on offense just like the Devils. Boucher denies that he's copying Hynes, but come on.

It also helps their cause that Anderson has been very good, though.

Don't led Bleed hear that. Although I think on Anderson's "good one year, bad the next" pattern he's due for a good year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Kapanen goal on Campbell.... Woof.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That Kapanen goal on Campbell.... Woof.

The Marner goal was hilarious too. The entire Kings D forgot how to hockey, and it resulted in the simplest pass and tap in ever. The funny thing was listening to the announcers act like it was some amazing play. Imagine if Cangi and Dano said the Talbot giveaway to Wood was an amazing goal? And that actually did require a good pass and a shot that actually had to beat a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad